BBW All-Era Mock Draft Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'NBA General' started by 808Hornetsfan, Jun 26, 2007.

1. 808Hornetsfan

808Hornetsfan BBW VIP

<u>Official Rules</u>The rules are pretty simple to follow. Each player has 24 hours to make his pick, if he exceeds the amount of time given he will be skipped and the following player will get to pick. A pick that is made after the 24-hour time limit will result in a strike, three strikes will disqualify the player and his future picks will be forfeited. A new player may take over that team, or the team itself can be released back into the pool. As far as picking goes, you are to select an NBA player as if they were to retire TODAY, not where they'll be when the retire. Trades are allowed, just as long as the two teams involved give up equal amounts of players and/or draft picks. For example, no trades are allowed that involve one side giving up two or three players and the other side receiving only one player. It has to be an equal amount.A lot of these drafts have failed because of inactivity, so let's try and make this the first successful mock draft in BBW history. There's no doubt that we can finish this, but it's going to take everyones help in doing so. So enjoy the draft!<u>Strike List</u>CB4AllStar- 2

2. SunnyD

SunnyD Sexiest Poster Alive (Yessir)

Make the draft ABBA format.Round 1:A-B-C-D-ERound 2:E-D-C-B-ARound 3:E-D-C-B-ARound 4:A-B-C-D-EYou know what I mean? As fair as possible.

3. 808Hornetsfan

808Hornetsfan BBW VIP

Are you sure you don't like the snake format?? It's your call, anything to keep this going till' then end I'm worth doing.

4. CB4allstar

CB4allstar BBW Global Mod Team

I'll take Kareem Abdul Jabbar. Most career points in NBA history[​IMG]

5. 808Hornetsfan

808Hornetsfan BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CB4AllStar @ Jun 27 2007, 11:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I'll take Kareem Abdul Jabbar. Most career points in NBA history[​IMG]</div>post this in the Draft thread....

6. Celtic Fan

Celtic Fan Well-Known Member

do we have to pick by posistion or can we assign posistions?ie guys who can play sf/sg or pf/c etc..or is it just a 13 man roster?

7. 808Hornetsfan

808Hornetsfan BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CelticFan @ Jun 27 2007, 12:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>do we have to pick by posistion or can we assign posistions?ie guys who can play sf/sg or pf/c etc..or is it just a 13 man roster?</div>you can assign positions, but there's a limit to what you can do with your starting lineup. For example, you can't have five centers playing all five positions.

8. Celtic Fan

no nothing that absurd.just thinking of how I have to fill it out.IE I get a 2nd great SG, so I move one to SF because they're 6-6 or bigger lets say.

9. 808Hornetsfan

808Hornetsfan BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CelticFan @ Jun 27 2007, 02:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>no nothing that absurd.just thinking of how I have to fill it out.IE I get a 2nd great SG, so I move one to SF because they're 6-6 or bigger lets say.</div>Yeah that's fine. You can pick two dominate centers and move one to PF for another example. That's completely fine.

10. Celtic Fan

Can I clone Wilt? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] :winkglasses:

11. SunnyD

SunnyD Sexiest Poster Alive (Yessir)

I think it's more fair abba format. Just my opinion though.

12. Opal

Opal Active Member

Kobe and Moses = deadly.

13. valo35

valo35 BBW VIP

While Moses was a great, I think you jumped the gun a little bit early on him with some of the other big men that are out there. I can think of a few that might have left you better off than Moses.How about my lethal scoring duo right now, both averaged 27 a game on their career, and won titles together so you know their good together.

14. Pacers fan forever

Pacers fan forever BBW Elite Member

Hey, Hornetsfan, I see you copied my strike system

15. 808Hornetsfan

808Hornetsfan BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pacers fan forever @ Jun 29 2007, 02:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Hey, Hornetsfan, I see you copied my strike system</div>fo shizzle, thanks man! [​IMG] I'll credit you whenever I use it...

16. dsounG

dsounG BBW Elite Member

Hey, could I be placed on the waiting list?

17. 808Hornetsfan

808Hornetsfan BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dsounG @ Jun 29 2007, 10:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Hey, could I be placed on the waiting list?</div>no problem, I'll contact you once we start to have inactivity(which is bound to happen eventually) :winkglasses:

18. Pacers fan forever

Pacers fan forever BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (808Hornetsfan @ Jun 29 2007, 06:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>fo shizzle, thanks man! [​IMG] I'll credit you whenever I use it...</div>fo shizzle? you going gansta man? lolnaw, don't bother crediting it to me. The main reason I had created the strike system and that mock thing was to see if it would work on BBW, and it does, so go ahead and use it, cause it works

19. the_pestilence

the_pestilence BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Camby23Land @ Jun 29 2007, 01:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Kobe and Moses = deadly.</div>I agree. I've had both Kobe and Moses in a couple of drafts before and they're the ultimate combination because Moses is the greatest offensive rebounder ever and Kobe misses a lot of shots.

20. 808Hornetsfan

808Hornetsfan BBW VIP

I filled in the two most important positions at PG and C, now I'll need some good shooters in the next few rounds.