BBW All-Era Mock Draft Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'NBA General' started by 808Hornetsfan, Jun 26, 2007.

1. Celtic Fan

Celtic Fan Well-Known Member

but doesn't he have to miss 3 draft picks to be booted?and he did come on and make his last one.I'm waiting to pick someone too and have my fingers crossed

2. 808Hornetsfan

808Hornetsfan BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CelticFan @ Jul 19 2007, 01:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>but doesn't he have to miss 3 draft picks to be booted?and he did come on and make his last one.I'm waiting to pick someone too and have my fingers crossed</div>I changed the rule so that every 24 hours you don't pick counts as a strike. So he missed that one pick on Sunday night, and then he didn't pick on Monday night, he finally did pick on Tuesday afternoon so he's got two strikes. Even though he made his last one, he was 60 hours late. I'll PM him one more time and if he doesn't pick by 12:30am than he's gone.

3. 808Hornetsfan

808Hornetsfan BBW VIP

Okay people, I'm willing to trade PG Tim Hardaway for a 12th rounder, meaning you can get 5th or 6th round value for a petty 12th round pick. Hardaway averaged 21/4/10 in his prime, so you know he's worth it. Any takers? :dunno:

4. Pacers fan forever

Pacers fan forever BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (808Hornetsfan @ Jul 19 2007, 09:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Okay people, I'm willing to trade PG Tim Hardaway for a 12th rounder, meaning you can get 5th or 6th round value for a petty 12th round pick. Hardaway averaged 21/4/10 in his prime, so you know he's worth it. Any takers? :dunno:</div>Sounds good to me. Do you want to do it with me?

5. 808Hornetsfan

808Hornetsfan BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pacers fan forever @ Jul 19 2007, 05:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Sounds good to me. Do you want to do it with me?</div>We got a deal?? Tim Hardaway for your 12th rounder?

6. Pacers fan forever

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (808Hornetsfan @ Jul 19 2007, 09:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>We got a deal?? Tim Hardaway for your 12th rounder?</div>Yessir, I acceptNow anyone have any interest in a center name Alonzo Mourning who's a career 20 10 and 3 man?

7. 808Hornetsfan

808Hornetsfan BBW VIP

PG- Steve Nash/John WilliamsonSG- Rick Barry/Byron ScottSF- James WorthyPF- Willis Reed/Chris WebberC- Bill Russell/Jermaine O'Neal :winkglasses:

8. Pacers fan forever

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (808Hornetsfan @ Jul 19 2007, 11:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>PG- Steve Nash/John WilliamsonSG- Rick Barry/Byron ScottSF- James WorthyPF- Willis Reed/Chris WebberC- Bill Russell/Jermaine O'Neal :winkglasses:</div>You need a backup center. Alonzo and my 11th for Willis Reed and your 13th? Chris Webber was a heck of a player before his injury, he'd be a good starter. Also, why did you draft a PG that has a career average of 2 apg? Why wouldn't you put him at SG?PG) Jason Kidd / Lenny Wilkens / Tim HardawaySG) John Havileck / Sam JonesSF) Julius Erving / Shawn MarionPF) Alonzo Mourning / Dan IsselC) Shaquille O'neal / Spencer Haywood

9. 808Hornetsfan

808Hornetsfan BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pacers fan forever @ Jul 19 2007, 07:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>You need a backup center. Alonzo and my 11th for Willis Reed and your 13th? Chris Webber was a heck of a player before his injury, he'd be a good starter. Also, why did you draft a PG that has a career average of 2 apg? Why wouldn't you put him at SG?</div>I'm keeping Reed at PF, I'm putting Williamson at PG for now until I can find a decent backup.

10. Pacers fan forever

Ughhhh! I need a starting PF!!!!!Who has Kevin McHale?

11. Celtic Fan

C- Wilt Chamberlin/Dave CowensPF - Charles Barkley/Dolph SchayesSF - Dirk Nowitzki/Alex EnglishSG - Hal Greer/Mitch RichmondPG - Isiah Thomas/Gail GoodrichI'm pretty happy with that team :happy0144: :dribble:

12. CB4allstar

CB4allstar BBW Global Mod Team

Again, I would trade either Dirk or Charles...Dirk can't play SF...

13. Pacers fan forever

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CB4AllStar @ Jul 19 2007, 11:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Again, I would trade either Dirk or Charles...Dirk can't play SF...</div>WTF? Dirk cannot play PF? This site is going out of it's mind. ERVING PLAYED SG!!! DIRK CAN'T PLAY SF!!!!! What's next? Steve Nash can play center?

14. Celtic Fan

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CB4AllStar @ Jul 19 2007, 11:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Again, I would trade either Dirk or Charles...Dirk can't play SF...</div>make me an offer I can't refuse :winkglasses:

15. Zards

Zards The People's Champ

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pacers fan forever @ Jul 19 2007, 11:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>WTF? Dirk cannot play PF? This site is going out of it's mind. ERVING PLAYED SG!!! DIRK CAN'T PLAY SF!!!!! What's next? Steve Nash can play center?</div>There's a big difference between Erving being able to play SG and Dirk being able to play SF.. first of all, Erving had the athletic ability to match up with SGs and SFs, so that isn't really saying much. When Dirk gets guarded by other SFs, he generally has more difficulty scoring the ball, as seen in 2005 playoffs when he was guarded by TMac, or this past year, when he was guarded by Stephen Jackson. Dirk isn't used to having guys coming out and guard him, and that's what the SFs did when they guarded him, considering the fact that SFs are more perimeter-oriented than the PFs that guard Dirk, regularly.

16. Celtic Fan

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pacers fan forever @ Jul 19 2007, 11:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>WTF? Dirk cannot play PF? This site is going out of it's mind. ERVING PLAYED SG!!! DIRK CAN'T PLAY SF!!!!! What's next? Steve Nash can play center?</div>no, next it will be Hakeem couldn't play PF [​IMG] [​IMG] p.s. FYI, he played that very posistion for the first 3 or so years of his career because he played along side Ralph Sampson

17. CB4allstar

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pacers fan forever @ Jul 20 2007, 12:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>WTF? Dirk cannot play PF? This site is going out of it's mind. ERVING PLAYED SG!!! DIRK CAN'T PLAY SF!!!!! What's next? Steve Nash can play center?</div>Wow, what the hell are you trying to say in this post? He is 7 feet, and he's never played SF consistently. Quicker swingmen would just blow by him, easy.

18. GArenas

GArenas Wiz Fo Champz

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Zards @ Jul 19 2007, 11:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>There's a big difference between Erving being able to play SG and Dirk being able to play SF.. first of all, Erving had the athletic ability to match up with SGs and SFs, so that isn't really saying much. When Dirk gets guarded by other SFs, he generally has more difficulty scoring the ball, as seen in 2005 playoffs when he was guarded by TMac, or this past year, when he was guarded by Stephen Jackson. Dirk isn't used to having guys coming out and guard him, and that's what the SFs did when they guarded him, considering the fact that SFs are more perimeter-oriented than the PFs that guard Dirk, regularly.</div>I completely agree with you. Dirk always struggles against versatile and athletic defenders. He struggled during the regular season with Marion on him and also in the two examples you mentioned, especially Stephen Jackson who bothered Dirk a great deal in the Golden State series. Dirk would struggle against most other SF's in the NBA if he started at the three. It's just not a good idea to start Dirk at 3 Pff.

19. Pacers fan forever

OMG! I'm going crazy. I think from now on it should be illegal to call players at a posistion

20. CB4allstar

A 7 foot player cannot play SF in today's NBA. It's as simple as that.