BBW All-Era Mock Draft Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'NBA General' started by 808Hornetsfan, Jun 26, 2007.

1. Celtic Fan

Celtic Fan Well-Known Member

really?cause I coulda sworn KG did it for several years quite effectively before bulking up and playing PF

2. Pacers fan forever

Pacers fan forever BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CelticFan @ Jul 20 2007, 12:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>really?cause I coulda sworn KG did it for several years quite effectively before bulking up and playing PF</div>Word to your motherLet's see, Tracy McGrady, Kevin Garnett, Yi Janilin, etc.You're right CB4, 7 footers cannot playPF

3. 808Hornetsfan

808Hornetsfan BBW VIP

Tracy isn't 7 feet tall, and I don't think Yi can ever play SF.Charlie Villenueva is someone you missed. :winkglasses:

4. Celtic Fan

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GArenas @ Jul 19 2007, 11:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I completely agree with you. Dirk always struggles against versatile and athletic defenders. He struggled during the regular season with Marion on him and also in the two examples you mentioned, especially Stephen Jackson who bothered Dirk a great deal in the Golden State series. Dirk would struggle against most other SF's in the NBA if he started at the three. It's just not a good idea to start Dirk at 3 Pff.</div>don't you have Patrick Ewing as you PF?how's he gonna guard any PF with range?he's a superb interior defender but get him outta the paint and he's toast.For instance, I'd move Dirk to PF, have Charley play SF vs Pippen and watch Dirk Light up Pat from 15 feet and out.

5. Pacers fan forever

Pacers fan forever BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (808Hornetsfan @ Jul 20 2007, 12:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Tracy isn't 7 feet tall, and I don't think Yi can ever play SF.Charlie Villenueva is someone you missed. :winkglasses:</div>T-Mac is 7 feet tall. We had a lot of debates about this a long time ago and everyone pretty much agreed he is. He's just listed lower so he can play guard.Yeah, thanks for adding on! :worthy:

6. 808Hornetsfan

808Hornetsfan BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pacers fan forever @ Jul 19 2007, 08:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>T-Mac is 7 feet tall. We had a lot of debates about this a long time ago and everyone pretty much agreed he is. He's just listed lower so he can play guard.</div>So does that mean LeBron is 7 feet tall? :dunno: [​IMG]

7. Celtic Fan

I am willing to trade Dirk if anyone has a offer to make.looking for a SF or C

8. GArenas

GArenas Wiz Fo Champz

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CelticFan @ Jul 20 2007, 12:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>don't you have Patrick Ewing as you PF?how's he gonna guard any PF with range?he's a superb interior defender but get him outta the paint and he's toast.For instance, I'd move Dirk to PF, have Charley play SF vs Pippen and watch Dirk Light up Pat from 15 feet and out.</div>Every squad has weaknesses. [​IMG] However, you did enlighten me to a train of thought that has led me to place Patrick Ewing on the market for a solid starting PF. Celtics fan, how about Nowitzki + 12th rounder for Ewing?

9. 808Hornetsfan

808Hornetsfan BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GArenas @ Jul 19 2007, 08:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Every squad has weaknesses. [​IMG] However, you did enlighten me to a train of thought that has led me to place Patrick Ewing on the market for a solid starting PF. Celtics fan, how about Nowitzki + 12th rounder for Ewing?</div>It's gotta be even on both sides. Might I suggest you that you throw in your 12th rounder that way you both get a solid player and you would only move down two spots in the final round. :dribble:

10. Celtic Fan

sure, let's do it! (but like 808 said we have to swap #12's too to make it even numbers... mmm k?)I can move Cowens to PF and any PF stupid enough to try and embarass Charley B and Dave Cowens gets a free cheap shot elbow and a bloody nose for their troubles [​IMG]

11. GArenas

GArenas Wiz Fo Champz

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (808Hornetsfan @ Jul 20 2007, 12:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>It's gotta be even on both sides. Might I suggest you that you throw in your 12th rounder that way you both get a solid player and you would only move down two spots in the final round. :dribble:</div>Okay here's a second copy of the deal:Garenas trades:Patrick Ewing12th round pickCelticsfan trades:Dirk Nowitkzi11th round pick

12. Celtic Fan

yikes.. that drops me 19 spotsgimme a sec.I'm giving up a starter for a back up here...

13. Celtic Fan

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GArenas @ Jul 20 2007, 12:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Okay here's a second copy of the deal:Garenas trades:Patrick Ewing12th round pickCelticsfan trades:Dirk Nowitkzi11th round pick</div>how about Pippen for Dirk straight up?

14. iFR3SHi

iFR3SHi BBW Elite Member

anyone want bing? Im looking for a defensive center

15. GArenas

GArenas Wiz Fo Champz

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CelticFan @ Jul 20 2007, 12:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>how about Pippen for Dirk straight up?</div>No, sorry, I can't start T-mac without a solid backup. [​IMG]

16. Celtic Fan

there's 2 picks left and loads of wingmen.I've got two very Solid ones in mind right now...

17. GArenas

GArenas Wiz Fo Champz

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CelticFan @ Jul 20 2007, 11:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>there's 2 picks left and loads of wingmen.I've got two very Solid ones in mind right now...</div>I've changed my lineup now:PG: Magic Johnson / Rod StricklandSG: Bernard King / Allan HoustonSF: Scottie Pippen / Tracy McGradyPF: Shawn Kemp / Vlade DivacC: Patrick Ewing / Dikembe Mutumbo Also, I'm very happy with the Pippen/T-mac duo, it won't be moved.Vlade Divac and Dikembe Mutumbo are both on the trading block. I want solid PF's.

18. valo35

valo35 BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CelticFan @ Jul 20 2007, 12:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>don't you have Patrick Ewing as you PF?how's he gonna guard any PF with range?he's a superb interior defender but get him outta the paint and he's toast.For instance, I'd move Dirk to PF, have Charley play SF vs Pippen and watch Dirk Light up Pat from 15 feet and out.</div>In a real life game, just because you moved Charles Barkley to small forward and had him guarding Pippen, doesn't mean that the other team would go with those matchups defensively. They would more than likely keep Ewing on Barley.

19. GArenas

GArenas Wiz Fo Champz

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (valo35 @ Jul 20 2007, 11:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>In a real life game, just because you moved Charles Barkley to small forward and had him guarding Pippen, doesn't mean that the other team would go with those matchups defensively. They would more than likely keep Ewing on Barley.</div>But the truth is that if another team goes with a small lineup, Ewing/Mutumbo will have alot of problems going up against perimiter shooters. I think 'going small' is what Celticfan was referring to rather than just moving Barkley a position.

20. SunnyD

SunnyD Sexiest Poster Alive (Yessir)

Who wants AI?