BBW All-Era Mock Draft Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'NBA General' started by 808Hornetsfan, Jun 26, 2007.

1. Celtic Fan

Celtic Fan Well-Known Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (valo35 @ Jul 20 2007, 11:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>In a real life game, just because you moved Charles Barkley to small forward and had him guarding Pippen, doesn't mean that the other team would go with those matchups defensively. They would more than likely keep Ewing on Barley.</div>you can screen and cause the changes to happen when on offense and Barkley is a fair shooter as well.or I can put Alex English at SF and Move dirk to PF.works either way to create a matchup problem.

2. Celtic Fan

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SunnyD @ Jul 20 2007, 01:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Who wants AI?</div>what r u looking for?

3. Celtic Fan

looking to trade Dirk and perhaps the next pick for a very good SFwill listen to other offers to.but the clock is a ticking for my pick....TICKTICKTICK(homage to 24)

4. 808Hornetsfan

808Hornetsfan BBW VIP

PG: Steve Nash/John WilliamsonSG: Rick Barry/Byron ScottSF: James Worthy/Larry JohnsonPF: Willis Reed/Chris WebberC: Bill Russell/Jermaine O'Neal :dribble:

5. noballer08

noballer08 BBW Elite Member

Ya'll bitches let Sam Cassell fall?? Nah, it wasn't a big deal, not a huge steal but he could have gone a bit higher.

6. 808Hornetsfan

808Hornetsfan BBW VIP

I can name two guys that have fallen quite a bit. One of them went in like the sixth round in the last mock draft we did, so he's had a huge drop off this time around.

7. SunnyD

SunnyD Sexiest Poster Alive (Yessir)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CelticFan @ Jul 20 2007, 01:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>what r u looking for?</div>Barkley and Dirk are nice. I like Isiah too, but I don't know about his availability.

8. PFF

PFF BBW Member

PG) Jason Kidd / Lenny Wilkens / Tim HardawaySG) John Havileck / Sam JonesSF) Julius Erving / Shawn Marion / Bruce BowenPF) Alonzo Mourning / Dan IsselC) Shaquille O'neal / Spencer Haywood

9. valo35

valo35 BBW VIP

G) Jerry WestG) Walt FrazierF) Elgin BaylorF) Elvin HayesC) Walt BellamyBench:PG) Kevin JohnsonSG) Dwayne WadePF/C) Wes UnseldPF) Elton BrandPF/C) Brad DaughertyMy team doesn't look to bad, I pretty well like it for right now.

10. Celtic Fan

some interesting picks this round.LJ was more of a PF than SF but back injuries really ruined his all-star career.I don't know if he did enough long enough to be considered a force.I thought about Larry Nance a lot, underated player, I just didn't need another PF.Tom Chambers is an amazing scorer. His rebounding numbers for his size were somewhat pedestrian though..a lot of nice looking teams out there.a few nice starting fives with no benches too.I'm too critical of myself though. I see what I don't have rather than what I do...this has been very fun.I got 1 player left I need and one I just want.. you sure we can't do 13 rounds??

11. Celtic Fan

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (noballer07 @ Jul 21 2007, 07:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Ya'll bitches let Sam Cassell fall?? Nah, it wasn't a big deal, not a huge steal but he could have gone a bit higher.</div>I can name another PG who is still undrafted, has similar number but better %'s, especially 3pt% while taking more attempts.Cassell is a niche player, kinda like Robert Horry.not an all era player IMO.

12. 808Hornetsfan

808Hornetsfan BBW VIP

13 rounds seems like a lot right now when we're so close to finishing, it's up to you guys if the majority says we should do 13 then we'll do that. But it's not going to effect anything, I mean we'll all have three third options that are great but wouldn't get any playing time if our teams actually played.

13. Celtic Fan

awww screw it, lets get this done.I'll flip a coin between heart and need.

14. Celtic Fan

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SunnyD @ Jul 21 2007, 08:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Barkley and Dirk are nice. I like Isiah too, but I don't know about his availability.</div>with my discovery of Vince, I've filled my need for a strong perimeter scoring.think I'll keep my team as is.

15. SunnyD

SunnyD Sexiest Poster Alive (Yessir)

Cassell isn't an all era player? I'm going to have to disagree with that. Isn't Ben Wallace just a niche player? Sure, Cassell has never averaged over 20 ppg, but he has been a great passer and a solid defender over the years. He has only been an All-Star one time in his career, but Cassell is a winner, even if he only has two titles to prove it. When he came to LA, he almost put them into the Western Conference Finals, losing to Phoenix in 7 games (without second option Corey Maggette).

16. PFF

PFF BBW Member

Valo, how can you call Bowen a bad pick when you just took a guys who's played in the league 3 years?

17. 808Hornetsfan

808Hornetsfan BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (PFF @ Jul 23 2007, 03:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Valo, how can you call Bowen a bad pick when you just took a guys who's played in the league 3 years?</div>I would not try and get that argument going, let the voters decide who put together the best team.

18. valo35

valo35 BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (PFF @ Jul 23 2007, 07:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Valo, how can you call Bowen a bad pick when you just took a guys who's played in the league 3 years?</div>Maybe because in three years he is a proven double double monster, that has the ability to get 20-20 games, and can also play defense? Plus, why wouldn't I pick my favorite player?

19. GArenas

GArenas Wiz Fo Champz

Hornetsfan, I think it's your turn. We're so close to finishing the first ever BBW mock draft. I'm mucho excited. We're easily the farthest one has ever gotten.

20. Celtic Fan

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GArenas @ Jul 24 2007, 02:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Hornetsfan, I think it's your turn. We're so close to finishing the first ever BBW mock draft. I'm mucho excited. We're easily the farthest one has ever gotten.</div>I QUIT!!!!I kidd, I kidd [​IMG]