BBW Around The Horn

Discussion in 'S2 Sports Bar' started by 808Hornetsfan, Jun 25, 2007.

1. 808Hornetsfan

808Hornetsfan BBW VIP

It looks like we've pretty much covered everything about this topic... thanks guys for posting!Day 1 ScoreBluffCityBlue- 5noballer07- 4The Captain- 2Suns Fan Guy- 1I'll have the next topic up tomorrow afternoon.

2. 808Hornetsfan

808Hornetsfan BBW VIP

Day 2- Topic 2Okay, let's continue on with today's topic... Kevin Garnett is expected to be traded sometime this offseason, and at this point K.G. is only interested in two teams, the L.A. Lakers and Phoenix Suns. With a big trade on the horizon, which of these teams would Garnett have the best chance of winning a championship? I'll let the panel make their posts, and I will score them later.

3. Memphology

Memphology BBW VIP

Defiently the Phoenix Suns. The Suns are so deep in talent that they can actually still keep allstar pieces to play with KG. As for the Lakers would basicly trade everybody of any talent besides Kobe...and the two superstar thing isnt going to work in the West, as seen in Houston. If he goes to Phoenix, he will most likely be along side Amare, Steve Nash and good role players like Diaw and Bell. Nash, KG and Amare arent just 3 stars...those are 3 superstars. So my pick is easily Phoenix, although sources are saying KG to the Lakers is a lock.

4. The Captain

The Captain BBW VIP

I agree. It has to be the Suns.Kevin Garnett will thrive in a high-tempo offense, where he can display his speed and power. With Steve Nash running the point, KG will be able to get the ball distributed to him more effectively. My third point is that KG will no longer be doubled or triple teamed. Opposing teams will now have to watch out for KG, Amare, AND Nash. This leaves Garnett open more often, with better shots to take.

5. Suns Fan Guy

Suns Fan Guy BBW Elite Member

I certainly hope it's the Suns. Especially if the Lakers have to give up kobe for him. Just look at the line-ups here assuming the Lakers trade Kobe Lakers:PG: FarmarSG: Evans or VujacicSF: WaltonPF: KGC: Bynum or BrownSuns:PG: NashSG: BellSF: Diaw or HillPF: KG or Marion (depending on who we traded)C: STAT or KG (depending on who we trade)you got 3 superstars, an all defensive first teamer, and a seasoned veteran (or the mip)it's kinda obvious who's the better team.

6. noballer08

noballer08 BBW Elite Member

Kobe is amazing, and we all know that winning formula that is called a guard-big man duo, but I don't see him doing well in LA-LA land. Garnett is a pretty unselfish player but I don't see another superstar big man meshing with Kobe Bryant. Him and Shaq went sour when things started going South, and I don't see Garnett and Kobe being any better of a situation. Now, with Phoenix, they could go places with this guy. Kevin Garnett is the type of player that can do everything; he can shoot, he is an amazing rebounder, handles the ball well, passes, plays almost every position. That type of power forward is apart of the Suns offense. Him and Amare down low would make one of the best and most athletic frontcourts in the NBA, and we might even see the Suns lead the league in rebounding with these two guys. But, first and foremost, they have Steve Nash, a guy who gets his teammates involved and is the reason why that team has turned around the way it has. As long as they have him running that offense, they can go anywhere.

7. Memphology

Memphology BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (noballer07 @ Jun 26 2007, 02:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Kobe is amazing, and we all know that winning formula that is called a guard-big man duo, but I don't see him doing well in LA-LA land. Garnett is a pretty unselfish player but I don't see another superstar big man meshing with Kobe Bryant. Him and Shaq went sour when things started going South, and I don't see Garnett and Kobe being any better of a situation.</div>I disagree, KG is the type to take the 2nd hand, he will be the 2nd option and probably be the best at it. Kobe Bryant will also be willing to give up some of his scoring for somebody whos extremely capable like KG. I think they would do good in LA, but the players surrounding Kobe and KG wouldnt be good enough against teams like San Antonio, Dallas and Phoenix.

8. noballer08

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BluffCityBlue @ Jun 26 2007, 03:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I disagree, KG is the type to take the 2nd hand, he will be the 2nd option and probably be the best at it. Kobe Bryant will also be willing to give up some of his scoring for somebody whos extremely capable like KG. I think they would do good in LA, but the players surrounding Kobe and KG wouldnt be good enough against teams like San Antonio, Dallas and Phoenix.</div>I said that KG wasn't a selfish player, especially since he wants to win. But if you look back and see that after the Lakers stopped winning (I.e. losing the championship against the Pistons), Kobe and his big man started to disagree. I think that, because of your reasons about the lack of good role players around the two, they'd fail, and because of that we might see tensions start to boil over time much like that which happened to Shaq and Kobe.

9. Memphology

Memphology BBW VIP

I think KG and Kobe are too mature now for that. Both have been on the top and the bottom and they would realize for the Lakers to be a success, they would have to hold the team together so they wouldnt fight, but work together to make the Lakers the best team it can be.

10. 808Hornetsfan

808Hornetsfan BBW VIP

Thanks guys for your posts. Here is the totals that each player received in today's topic...noballer07 +4BluffCityBlue +3The Captain +2Suns Fan Guy +1Overall ScoreBluffCityBlue 8noballer07 8The Captain 4Suns Fan Guy 2Tomorrow we'll play Buy or Sell, and then make our first cut of the week.

11. Memphology

Memphology BBW VIP

just a suggestion, some of these topics are widely agreed on....try to find something a bit more contreversal.

12. 808Hornetsfan

808Hornetsfan BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BluffCityBlue @ Jun 26 2007, 08:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>just a suggestion, some of these topics are widely agreed on....try to find something a bit more contreversal.</div>no problem.

13. 808Hornetsfan

808Hornetsfan BBW VIP

Okay guys, it's Buy Or Sell time!!! :winkglasses: Day 3- Buy or SellLess than a month from being swept out of the NBA Finals, Cavs F LeBron James made the announcement on Tuesday that he will play for Team USA next month in the FIBA America's Tournament, where he will try to qualify the team for the 2008 Olympics. LeBron is taking a big risk by playing, seeing is how a number of Team USA players claimed they were tired out after playing in the world championships last August. Superstars such as Dwayne Wade, Elton Brand, and Chris Paul all had nagging injuries throughout the year, and their production dipped. If LeBron does suffer from exhaustion after the tournament as well as during the '07-08 NBA season, it could be a bad year for both King James and the Cavaliers. So guys, do you buy or sell LeBron having a bad year after another long summer?

14. noballer08

I'm gonna sell it down the river. This guy is a pro. We've seen a lot of great players play for Team USA during the Summer and go back into the league like it's no big deal. Jordan, Malone, Barkley, Duncan- all of these guys seemed to not be affected at all. LeBron is at that level where he can play a long summer and come back being effective. I think he's a healthy enough guy to stand the extended schedule.

15. Memphology

Memphology BBW VIP

Im going to have to buy this. LeBron has averaged a total of 44minutes per game in the playoffs, and playing 20 games total in the playoffs which the games are close to each other, you have to think anybody would get worn down, even a 22 yr old phenom. His free throw percentage to a drop this season from LeBron playing in the World Championships last season, and I expect the same next season if he plays for the US. Although, this might be a plan to get away from the newborn :lol:Its not a question of can he or cant he...hes certainly is capable to do so and still be a elite player, but it will defiently wear him down a bit.

16. 808Hornetsfan

808Hornetsfan BBW VIP

+1 for noballer07

17. 808Hornetsfan

808Hornetsfan BBW VIP

+2 for Bluffcity

18. 808Hornetsfan

808Hornetsfan BBW VIP

I guess The Captain and Suns Fan Guy both logged out before they got my PMs, feel free to continue posting.

19. The Captain

The Captain BBW VIP

I gotta sell this one.Lebron is a great physical specimen. He makes a living playing basketball, and should be in great shape and have great durability. He's young, talented, and has that mentality that nothing is going to stop him.If anything, he'll benefit by this because he'll be getting the extra practice on his game, which can only help in the long run. He'll be getting more experience playing against different opponents, and he can take what he learns and apply it in the NBA.

20. 808Hornetsfan

808Hornetsfan BBW VIP

+1 for The Captain, remember players today we make our first cut so try and post as much as you can.