BBW: The Best Basketball Forum Ever?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by 808Hornetsfan, Jul 14, 2007.

1. 808Hornetsfan

808Hornetsfan BBW VIP

I don't know too many forums that have the activity and commitment that BBW possesses. I may never leave, well, maybe I won't post here as much in the future, but I'll be stopping by once in a while. I just want to know what you guys think about where BBW ranks among the top basketball forums on the web... I don't think this will ever die with new active posters popping up almost annually, not to mention the non-stop entertainment we all get by reading posts by guys such as BCB, PrimeTime, Justice, CB4AllStar and PFF. And who could match the level of knowledge that guys such as valo, CB32, noballer and GrizzFanTaylor possess. And with the leadership of Combs and Ballahollic, what more could you ask for on an internet message board? Not many boards can say that every day on their forum is like a never-ending soap opera, you want to turn it off, but you know damn well that you'll miss something good.As Marv Levy would say, "Where else would you rather be than right here, right now?"

2. BALLAHOLLIC

BALLAHOLLIC Member

<span style="font-family:Arial">In my personal preference, it's the best forum on the net at the moment. I love our activity. I think we have the perfect amount of activity right now, we're not overly active to the point where you don't know who anybody is. In terms of numbers, and forum success. I would put us #4 behind RealGM, BBB, JBB, and then us.I would love to say we're #1, but we're not.</span>

3. SportsTicker

SportsTicker News Feed

I have to agree with you 808...The last forum I was on was absolutely terrible...The moderators were two 15 year old jerks from some third-world country in Europe and there was no real sense of a community like BBW. It's only been two months and I'm familiar with almost everyone on this board. I don't know too much about any other basketball boards, but this site has been great. Good work BALLAHOLLIC and Combs.

4. 808Hornetsfan

808Hornetsfan BBW VIP

The one thing about it is we all seem to cheat ourselves when we say that we need breaks from this site, because then you find yourself posting 30 times the next day and you have to control yourself from trying to post in every single thread. [​IMG] Okay well maybe I'm the only one with that problem. Who are those other sites that Balla mentioned? I've never heard of them. :dunno:

5. primetime

primetime Get Your Popcorn ready again

I've only been on two forums but this one is my favorite. BBB.net was good but you didnt know who anybody was like you do here. The only flaw about bbw is some people take this too seriously. I get tired of hearing about how im a felon(considering I have no felonies or misdeameanors and the last time I was locked up, we werent even on this website and it was for 10 days only)+ if your going to talk sh*t about what someones accomplished, usually you should at least have moved out of your parents house before you try to talk down to someone who pays their own bills by them self.

6. 808Hornetsfan

808Hornetsfan BBW VIP

Let's try and focus on the positive things about BBW. :dribble:

7. SportsTicker

SportsTicker News Feed

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (PrimeTime @ Jul 14 2007, 11:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I've only been on two forums but this one is my favorite. BBB.net was good but you didnt know who anybody was like you do here. The only flaw about bbw is some people take this too seriously. I get tired of hearing about how im a felon(considering I have no felonies or misdeameanors and the last time I was locked up, we werent even on this website and it was for 10 days only)+ if your going to talk sh*t about what someones accomplished, usually you should at least have moved out of your parents house before you try to talk down to someone who pays their own bills by them self.</div>Haha. I see a lot of that coming against you...Just don't even listen to it. As for this site, this is the only all-basketball forum I've been on. The last one was about soccer but it wasn't that amazing. It's a lot nicer on a forum when you know 90% of the people....

8. dsounG

dsounG BBW Elite Member

I'm going to have to agree with you bud. When I first joined BBW(back in November) I thought it was just going to be some any old board like the rest, but later on I just started finding myself posting a lot and I still continue to this day. Slam3 was great too but the owner was way too busy, so he shut it down, I moved here and I love it.

9. Memphology

Memphology BBW VIP

Yeah its a good forum...everybody knows everybody, good posting....I did like the posters at FBB better though....if the site didnt crash so often it would still be thribing today...

10. SirLaker

SirLaker BBW MOD

Yeah, BBW is a great forum. I still think we could be a bit more active to be over the top, but I like the way it is. I remember when I first joined...this was actually the first forum I ever posted at so I have grown a lot as a poster. Members have come and gone, but we always have the community. A community everyone seems to admire.

11. mavsfan1000

mavsfan1000 BBW Elite Member

Yeah this forum keeps bringing me back. I still come by. It is a well runned site. I would consider spurstalk my favorite but this is not far behind. I like this site better than most big basketball sites. Too hard to keep track of topics on those overloaded sites. We definitely have a long way to go to be considered overloaded imo.

12. iFR3SHi

iFR3SHi BBW Elite Member

The first and best forum I have been to

13. Mobruler

Mobruler BBW VIP

While it's a great site, it isn't a juggernaut population wise like RealGM is. What you want to judge a good site on is up to you though. I would like to think we're one of the most fun website to be a part of, which makes it great to me.

14. Strike3

Strike3 BBW Elite Member

Yeah this website is great. You can have a good debate with another member you can get help on your gfx. And a lot of other stuff and its all fun! I would like to get a few members to join here soon that will be amazingly active.

15. BrewCityBuck

BrewCityBuck The guy with 17,000 Posts.

One thing I like is, we have no problems with moderators like with most forums, christ, here, it's like we don't even have a staff.

16. kingjamez

kingjamez BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BrewCityBuck @ Jul 15 2007, 08:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>One thing I like is, we have no problems with moderators like with most forums, christ, here, it's like we don't even have a staff.</div>Only time we ever did was with JustBlaze.. but I love posting here, I like everyone here, and its a great place to talk sports.. It's the best bball site I've ever been to..

17. CB4allstar

CB4allstar BBW Global Mod Team

It's the best bball site ive ever posted on, the only one I post on, its what I do 95% of the time im on the internet, and its the last bball site I'll post on. When I get to college, I'll probably be too busy to post on basketball forums. I'll have to hang up my sneakers. Atleast I won't be posting 15-20 times per day like I do now.Next year I won't be active either because I'll be going to my best friends house probably every day after school since the school Im going to next year is very close to his house.

18. Suns Fan Guy

Suns Fan Guy BBW Elite Member

What I like about bbw is we are closer than most basketball forums out there as a community. What I don't like about it is sometimes certain members :winkglasses: are too uptight and it leads to arguing and bashing, mostly on PFF and Serge.

19. The`Dream

The`Dream BBW Elite Member

I've been on closer knit and more insightful forums before this one. This one may be more active, however.

20. Pacers fan forever

Pacers fan forever BBW Elite Member

This was the first site I ever posted on, and I think it's the second best on the net behind RealGM. I don't like RealGM, but they own us in activity and sources for news. I love BBW though, and I agree with you 808, people tell me I need to get a life but I keep coming back, lol, it's addicting