BBW's Worth

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by The`Dream, May 29, 2007.

1. Rok

Rok BBW VIP

Re: BBW's Worth

Was that too much information Tony?

2. Something-To-Say

Something-To-Say BBW Banned

Why would you buy an internet thing for 10k?

3. BFR

BFR BBW Elite Member

Simple its an investment, you can add it to your network , or you can use advertisement to make money off it.

4. Something-To-Say

Something-To-Say BBW Banned

But you're not gonna make much ad money if it's not an active url. Most people don't normally go to bballworld.us or whatever.

5. BALLAHOLLIC

BALLAHOLLIC Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Why would you buy an internet thing for 10k?</div><span style="font-family:Arial">I've seen a few sites go for $500,000. It's very common, Realgm is worth 1-2 million easily.</span>

6. SirLaker

SirLaker BBW MOD

Where can you go to look at forums/message boards that are for sale?

7. ASUFan22

ASUFan22 BBW Global Mod Team

Wow, the Arizona Sports Fans site I go on is about $49,400:DFPM is listed as a couple hundred more than here.

8. ASUFan22

ASUFan22 BBW Global Mod Team

CSTV is worth over 8 mil...wow. I think ima buy a domain myself soon. :P

9. Roaming

Roaming Back In Black! erm...in Colour!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BALLAHOLLIC? @ May 30 2007, 12:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><span style="font-family:Arial">I've seen a few sites go for $500,000. It's very common, Realgm is worth 1-2 million easily.</span></div>On that site, it says 78 G's :dunno:EDIT: So your $9,996 richer because you decided one day to talk ball online? Jeez man.Send me the .psd to the banner.

10. redneck

redneck BBW Elite Member

Selling domain names has been big business for years. back in the late 90s some jackass sold broadcast.com for like 5 billion dollars, that jackass went on to buy the Dallas Mavericks; yes Mark Cuban.Domain names can be highly valued, especially ones with name recognition. Its rare for them to go high like Broadcast did, especially after the dotcom bust, but it still happens.

11. Justice

Justice BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (redneck @ May 30 2007, 02:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Selling domain names has been big business for years. back in the late 90s some jackass sold broadcast.com for like 5 billion dollars, that jackass went on to buy the Dallas Mavericks; yes Mark Cuban.Domain names can be highly valued, especially ones with name recognition. Its rare for them to go high like Broadcast did, especially after the dotcom bust, but it still happens.</div>Ugh, I know you're trying to be cute, but Mark Cuban has a business degree. He also sold a previous site for millions. I'm sick of people acting like Mark Cuban just got lucky. He has brought three companies to success (I'm including the Mavs, who even I said he was an idiot for buying). Give credit where credit is due.

12. BrewCityBuck

BrewCityBuck The guy with 17,000 Posts.

Wow, I'm here posting, just so Combs can fill his fat pockets.

13. redneck

redneck BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Justice @ May 30 2007, 06:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Ugh, I know you're trying to be cute, but Mark Cuban has a business degree. He also sold a previous site for millions. I'm sick of people acting like Mark Cuban just got lucky. He has brought three companies to success (I'm including the Mavs, who even I said he was an idiot for buying). Give credit where credit is due.</div>Yeah I know he had money before hand, and Broadcast.com was making around 100 mill a year when he sold it, but 5 Billion dollars is just rediculas. but that doesn't change the fact that he's a jackass.