BCS Bowls Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by ASUFan22, Jan 1, 2007.

1. kingjamez

kingjamez BBW VIP

The BSU and OU game ended at about 1 am EST..So I stayed up till then to see it..I thought it was over when Zabranski got picked off..but wow..just incredible..definitely one of the best if not the best game ive ever seen

2. Something-To-Say

Something-To-Say BBW Banned

You guys are stupid. Not only is the guy he's going to marry literally 4 feet tall, but don't you get it? THAT GUY WAS THE MAN ON CAMPUS AFTER THAT!!!! HE COULD'VE HAD AN ORGY WITH ALL THE CHEERLEADERS AND JUST HIM IF HE WANTED TO. The Boise State Campus BELONGS to him now!

3. ASUFan22

ASUFan22 BBW Global Mod Team

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Something-To-Say @ Jan 2 2007, 11:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>You guys are stupid. Not only is the guy he's going to marry literally 4 feet tall, but don't you get it? THAT GUY WAS THE MAN ON CAMPUS AFTER THAT!!!! HE COULD'VE HAD AN ORGY WITH ALL THE CHEERLEADERS AND JUST HIM IF HE WANTED TO. The Boise State Campus BELONGS to him now!</div>Well he has a very nice girl right now who he probably had a very nice night with. I don't know if he would want to be with all the cheerleaders either...that would be too much... a rash with maybe a few STD's.Louisville beat Wake Forest 24-13.

4. Something-To-Say

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ASUFan22 @ Jan 2 2007, 11:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Well he has a very nice girl right now who he probably had a very nice night with. I don't know if he would want to be with all the cheerleaders either...that would be too much... a rash with maybe a few STD's.Louisville beat Wake Forest 24-13.</div>Well he'd die a happy and fulfilled man at least.

5. ASUFan22

Add me to your club buddy.

6. Justice

Justice BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Something-To-Say @ Jan 3 2007, 12:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>You guys are stupid. Not only is the guy he's going to marry literally 4 feet tall, but don't you get it? THAT GUY WAS THE MAN ON CAMPUS AFTER THAT!!!! HE COULD'VE HAD AN ORGY WITH ALL THE CHEERLEADERS AND JUST HIM IF HE WANTED TO. The Boise State Campus BELONGS to him now!</div>Who says he still can't, or hasn't already?Maybe he just picked the chick that gave the best head.Big mistake on his part, since blowjobs don't happen after marriage.

7. ASUFan22

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Justice @ Jan 3 2007, 07:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Who says he still can't, or hasn't already?Maybe he just picked the chick that gave the best head.Big mistake on his part, since blowjobs don't happen after marriage.</div> :shok: NO!Anyway, back to the topic. LSU is leading ND 14-7. I'm predicting and hoping that LSU blows ND out. I don't think they Irish are even close. They don't deserve these BCS bowl games the majority of the time.

8. ASUFan22

JaMarcus Russell with the perfect 68-yard touchdown pass! This guy is going to be a good pro.

9. CavsRules

CavsRules BBW VIP

ND is getting a beat down!

10. SirLaker

SirLaker BBW MOD

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cavsrules @ Jan 3 2007, 08:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>ND is getting a beat down!</div>Good News. :rock:

11. Something-To-Say

lol well if LSU lost they should quit football. They have a home game for their bowl game, that's hardly fair.

12. CavsRules

CavsRules BBW VIP

I was looking forward to seeing what Quinn can do. I have not watched him a lot so I thought this would be a game I could see.I have seen nothing out of him.1st Peterson I don't see much, and now Quinn.DON'T LET ME DOWN TROY!!!

13. ASUFan22

ND was way overmatched anyway. It would've been a blowout even with 100% ND fans.

14. valo35

valo35 BBW VIP

This team just didn't have the horses to be able to keep up with a very good LSU team. They dominated them on both sides of the ball. 9 straight bowl game losses, that is not good.

15. ASUFan22

And they have been whooped in their last 5 bowl games, 3 BCS ones.2001 41-9 loss to Oregon State in the Fiesta2003 28-6 loss to NC State in Gator2004 38-21 loss to Oregon State in Insight2006 34-20 loss to Ohio in Fiestaand a 27 point loss here.Overrated every single year. History means nothing.

16. Drake24

Drake24 BBW Elite Member

Michigan played terrible. If they played again, the game would be completely different and believe it or not, I would still have Michigan winning it. But USC played a great game and controlled the whole thing.LSU destroyed Notre Dame and Mr.Maxwell played a terrible game to cement two things on his college resume:1- He has never won a big college game ever.2- Notre Dame now has the biggest bowl game losing streak in history. All this, "SEC is the best" talk and they aren't doing so hot in the bowl games, lol. I guess it was mainly just hard for them to beat each other (just a joke). Sure LSU beat Notre Dame, but every one and their mom knew that was going to happen. Notre Dame sucked this year, hadn't beaten anyone, played bad teams, and only got in because of the contract they have with the BCS. Although anything can happen in college football, that was a give'me game for LSU.

17. ASUFan22

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (drake24 @ Jan 5 2007, 01:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Michigan played terrible. If they played again, the game would be completely different and believe it or not, I would still have Michigan winning it. But USC played a great game and controlled the whole thing.LSU destroyed Notre Dame and Mr.Maxwell played a terrible game to cement two things on his college resume:1- He has never won a big college game ever.2- Notre Dame now has the biggest bowl game losing streak in history. All this, "SEC is the best" talk and they aren't doing so hot in the bowl games, lol. I guess it was mainly just hard for them to beat each other (just a joke). Sure LSU beat Notre Dame, but every one and their mom knew that was going to happen. Notre Dame sucked this year, hadn't beaten anyone, played bad teams, and only got in because of the contract they have with the BCS. Although anything can happen in college football, that was a give'me game for LSU.</div>Yeah right, Carroll just outcoached Michigan. Michigan's coach just aint good and Michigan was overrated. USC has some of the best talent in the nation, always. Carroll just had them ready to play and they deserved to win. After a beating like that you really can't say that Michigan is better, especially since their schedule was pretty weak and the most impressive thing they did this season was losing to OSU. Well they did beat Wisconsin...The SEC is 5-3, that's not too bad.Yer sorry ass Big 11 is 2-3. [​IMG]

18. Drake24

Drake24 BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ASUFan22 @ Jan 5 2007, 03:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Yeah right, Carroll just outcoached Michigan. Michigan's coach just aint good and Michigan was overrated. USC has some of the best talent in the nation, always. Carroll just had them ready to play and they deserved to win. After a beating like that you really can't say that Michigan is better, especially since their schedule was pretty weak and the most impressive thing they did this season was losing to OSU. Well they did beat Wisconsin...</div>Oh I am not saying that Carr is a better coach or anything. I agree he got out coached, completely outcoached. Carr couldn't guard the pass if his life depended on it. Carr had a great team this year and didn't do what he should have with them. USC did deserve that win and I am not saying otherwise. I am saying that Michigan didn't play like they can play. And when I said "If they played again, the game would be completely different" you must have thought I was implying and easy win for Michigan or something. No, I wasn't. Was I saying Carr would have been a better coach? No, not really. I was trying to say however, the score wouldn't have gotten out of hand and the Michigan players would have played different. They would have played with heart and like they actually wanted to win. Because the team you saw out there was different than the team that was out playing the rest of the season. But you are giving USC to much credit. USC already has two losses on the year (to UCLA and Oregon State I might add), and if you put two more seconds on the clock Washington would have beat them. Carroll knew USC was struggling on that last drive and he was fighting to get that clock started so Washington couldn't get off a last play. Washington was on the 20 yard line or so, why not just let your defense fight it out? I mean the clock might have gone off anyways if Carroll wasn't out there screaming his head off. But no, Carroll was scared and which is why he out on the feild yelling at the refs to start the clock. Then there was the Arizona State game. That was a close one, I really thought ASU had a good chance. Then there was the Washington State game. The fact is, USC has struggled this season with their schedule. USC is a good team, but they didn't have a team to get them into first this year. I will admit however I underestimated USC and was wrong about this particular game.I also agree with LC or whoever said it, when he said that Jarrett has a ego. He does. No argueing about that. I can't say he will cause the same problems as T.O. but I can see you catogorizing him as a T.O.<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>The SEC is 5-3, that's not too bad.Yer sorry ass Big 11 is 2-3. [​IMG]</div>As for the SEC and Big Ten. Minnesota played an awful game (how do you blow that lead?), Purdue isn't good and Maryland was hot this year, and Iowa played a hard fought game against Texas with a hurt QB in Drew Tate. Not that bad actually. By the way the Big Ten is 2-0 this year in bowl games against the SEC. But you know, the Big Ten is "Sorry ass." What does that make the SEC then? So far, on head-to-head record, Big Ten has beatten SEC big time. I am looking for another win against Florida. So that statement didn't hold up to good when you looked at the head-to-head aspect in the bowls. Don't get me wrong, I am not saying the Big Ten was better this year, you were the one that compared the two conferences with the bowl game records. But when it comes down to it, the Big Ten has actually bested the SEC in bowls this year, and as long as Ohio State wins, that will be a cemented fact.

19. ASUFan22

Well USC struggled at first because they were inexperienced but as the season went on they were playing great until they lost in a rivalry game and upsets are common in those.I was thinking about it and after the long lay-off I think that Florida has an advantage over OSU. I mean, they haven't played for 2 months... there needs to be a playoff in college football because that just isn't fair for OSU. :no3: I'll be rooting for Florida and the SEC will prevail!

20. Drake24

Drake24 BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ASUFan22 @ Jan 5 2007, 03:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Well USC struggled at first because they were inexperienced but as the season went on they were playing great until they lost in a rivalry game and upsets are common in those.I was thinking about it and after the long lay-off I think that Florida has an advantage over OSU. I mean, they haven't played for 2 months... there needs to be a playoff in college football because that just isn't fair for OSU. :no3: I'll be rooting for Florida and the SEC will prevail!</div>Lol. I agree they need a playoff. But, like my Dad always says, "How is it going to work?" I mean, I am sure they can figure out a way, but I don't have the answers. You have to take into account school (they are students first), Christmas break (they need time with their family), the amount of money the BCS brings in (they aren't going to go to something that will be a loss in profit), and the length of the playoff(it can't be to long, so how many teams get in and how long will it take?). I think they should just do it like they do it now with all the bowls and that they should just turn the BCS games into a playoff. But that doesn't solve all of the problems, I don't really have any answers. What do you guys think?I know people like to play the "time off card" but I think Tressel is a really good coach and will have them prepared for the game. I mean, if you ever watch the Buckeye players in an interview (football), they don't brag, they don't put down other teams, they are proffesonial. Tressel has rubbed off on them, or he makes them do that, one or the other, most likely both. I think the Buckeyes have what it takes to win the game, I mean that in more than just talent. I think they have the right mind set, from what I have seen this year and the way Tressel coaches his player's off the field.