BCS Bowls Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by ASUFan22, Jan 1, 2007.

1. ASUFan22

ASUFan22 BBW Global Mod Team

I know Tressel is a good coach, a great coach, but it's tough to just get into a game mode and beat a very good team like that.I think a 4 team playoff would be great, and maybe moving it to an earlier time. Sure they are students first, but if the schools get money do they mind having Thursday games on a school night? No. They could possibly do a 6 team playoff but I'd prefer to keep it small so games like USC-UCLA still mean something and teams can't just shut it down and not try in the end of the season. A playoff would give us some really exciting match-ups. Florida-Michigan in a 4 team one. If it was a 6 team and OSU and Florida got a bye then you have LSU and USC battling it out for a chance to play the #1 seed. It would be really good, not too long and they could still have big bowl games with the other teams that are left out. Those games would still be sold out. I just think it would be better.

2. valo35

valo35 BBW VIP

I think they might be able to do a playoff, do something like, There are six major conferences, The Big 10, Big 12, PAC 10, Big East, SEC, and ACC. So I think they should have the conference winner for each of those conferences go into the playoff. Then they have two wild cards that are not from those major conferences, like this year could be Boise State and Noter Dame or something like that. Then you could have an eight team playoff for the end of the season between those eight teams.edit: It's the 6th now that I'm writing this, but everyone is talking about that Fiesta Bowl between Boise State and Oklahoma. They just talked about it during the Oregon vs UCLA game, and last night during the Magic game they talked about that game also. That goes to show how great of a game that was when everyone is talking about it.