BCS is BS

Discussion in 'College Football' started by porky88, Dec 4, 2005.

1. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

It got Texas and USC right but who didn't see this coming. I've been promoting that match up since the summer.

What upsets me is Oregon ranks ahead of ND in the BCS but ND gets the automatic bid. ND vs Ohio State will be a great game and now ND gets all kinds of money for the program but Oregon who went 10-1 and should be playing Ohio State in the Fiesta Bowl lost a lot of money that it would of made for it's college and the Pac-10 because of the media sex scene with ND.

I feel sorry for the Pac-10 as they get screwed every year.

2001 Nebraska over Oregon
    2003 OU over USC
    2004 Texas over Cal (Though I think Texas was the better team you can make an argument for Cal)
    2005 ND over Oregon

Besides Texas vs USC some good news I heard. The BCS is holding a meeting on Wednesday and will talk about a possible playoff system being installed.

2. ranman

ranman nfl-*****s member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (porky88)</div><div class='quotemain'>It got Texas and USC right but who didn't see this coming. I've been promoting that match up since the summer.

What upsets me is Oregon ranks ahead of ND in the BCS but ND gets the automatic bid. ND vs Ohio State will be a great game and now ND gets all kinds of money for the program but Oregon who went 10-1 and should be playing Ohio State in the Fiesta Bowl lost a lot of money that it would of made for it's college and the Pac-10 because of the media sex scene with ND.

I feel sorry for the Pac-10 as they get screwed every year.

2001 Nebraska over Oregon
    2003 OU over USC
    2004 Texas over Cal (Though I think Texas was the better team you can make an argument for Cal)
    2005 ND over Oregon

Besides Texas vs USC some good news I heard. The BCS is holding a meeting on Wednesday and will talk about a possible playoff system being installed.</div>

Atleast someone agrees with me that Oregon got screwed. I hope that they do insert a playoff system. The bowl names can stay I have no problem with that.

3. Bleedblk&gld

Bleedblk&gld The Drive

I like where LSU is. I'm not happy that they lost the SEC Championship, but i'm sure glad they play Miami and not W. Virginia.

Oregon got screwed big time.

4. Bearsfan1

Bearsfan1 2 Time Defending FF Champion

The thing is, that oregon didnt get screwed. Did they deserve bowl as much as ND if not more, maybe. But, they had oppertunity to go, all they had to do was win one more game, and they would be in rose bowl.

5. bakes781

bakes781 nfl-*****s member

I've been suggesting the following playoff scenario for years:

#3 Penn St
    vs
    #6 Notre Dame

^ Fiesta Bowl

#4 Ohio St
    vs
    #5 Oregon

^ Orange Bowl

#1 USC vs 4/5/6

^ Rose Bowl

#2 Texas vs 3/4/5

^ Sugar Bowl

Then you create a new Championship Bowl Game for where ever. It's a mirror image of the NFL's playoff system, but still utilizing the BCS ranking & it's major bowls. Best of all it would only create a maximum of 2 extra games for 2 schools.

6. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

I think a 4 team playoff is fine. College is meant too be as long as the NFL and 4 team playoff would only give them 1 extra game.

I like you system too Bakes. To be honest I think Auburn or VT deserve a spot before ND but hey it would be an improvement.

7. Bearsfan1

Bearsfan1 2 Time Defending FF Champion

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (porky88)</div><div class='quotemain'>I think a 4 team playoff is fine. College is meant too be as long as the NFL and 4 team playoff would only give them 1 extra game.

I like you system too Bakes. To be honest I think Auburn or VT deserve a spot before ND but hey it would be an improvement.</div>

If you are going to put a 2-loss VT in, then miami should be in first, since they beat VT and had same record. See even with playoff, there is still some argument over who gets in.

8. Thoth

Thoth Sisyphus in training

I agree w/ the mini playoff. Last year, it should have been Utah, Auburn, USC, & OU.

This year is different; USC & Texas are head and shoulders above everybody else.

9. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BearsFan1)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (porky88)</div><div class='quotemain'>I think a 4 team playoff is fine. College is meant too be as long as the NFL and 4 team playoff would only give them 1 extra game.

I like you system too Bakes. To be honest I think Auburn or VT deserve a spot before ND but hey it would be an improvement.</div>

If you are going to put a 2-loss VT in, then miami should be in first, since they beat VT and had same record. See even with playoff, there is still some argument over who gets in.</div>

Yeah that's how it always is. No matter what they do there will be something to bicker about. In my opinion ND is the worse team ranked in the top 10. Miami and LSU are better and would beat up on ND.

A playoff system would help a lot though. I don't think anyone on here outside of maybe LSU and Miami fans think that either of those teams can beat USC or Texas and win the national title. This season the BCS worked out to determine the top two teams but last year there was a legit argument that Auburn was a better team than Oklahoma. With a playoff system it'll be easier to defend that argument. Auburn vs. OU would of determine a birth in the national title. USC vs. Utah would determine the others. Have the winners meet for the national title.

They year before you could of saw OU vs. USC in a semi and LSU vs. whoever the #4 team was at that time. A playoff system would be a vast improvement for what we have now.

10. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

In the end, who cares? Not me....pick yourself a Div1-AA team and root your head off as the playoffs continue....most of us have one within 200 miles of our towns....having said that, GO FURMAN!

11. bakes781

bakes781 nfl-*****s member

Go Bentley! [​IMG]

12. FLORIDA PACKER

FLORIDA PACKER nfl-*****s member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (blackadder)</div><div class='quotemain'>I agree w/ the mini playoff. Last year, it should have been Utah, Auburn, USC, & OU.

This year is different; USC & Texas are head and shoulders above everybody else.</div>

Im not sure if there shoulders above anybody USC and Texas are both very mortal, Ohio State Should have had that game against Texas and USC almost lost to Notredame I think both of those 2 teams could probably take them to the limit along with Penn State, Heck I think Miami could take them on pretty favorably as well.