Be gone Rasheed Wallace

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by ~Fatality~, Dec 16, 2003.

1. ~Fatality~

~Fatality~ JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Wallace is an embarrassment and a disgrace.
    __

Wallace is a chronic underachiever, a malcontent, a disruptive force, a negative personality -- and that does not even begin to address his selfishness, emotional immaturity, bitterness and endless anger. I have also personally found him to be a boor and a bully. Those of us with the misfortune of ever having anything to do with this lost soul had to unfortunately accept the lunacy and obnoxious behavior of this sad and pathetic individual.
    __

Sadly, this magnificent franchise today stands on the edge of ruin because of the regular and ongoing cruelty and hateful, irresponsible actions of Rasheed Wallace.
    __

You're an idiot, 'Sheed. It's a wonder that you still know how to breathe.
    </div>

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/stor...bill&id=1687101

Harsh Words.

2. starman85

starman85 JBB JustBBall Member

Yeah, harsh, but this is Sheed's what, 9th season in the league? And its not like he came out of high school, he came from two years in Dean Smith's Carolina program. You would think that he would be much more mature than he is. But you'd be wrong.

3. Waneko

Waneko JBB JustBBall Member

Bill Walton may be right about Rasheed about the emotional stuff, but he is not an underachiever. He is a great player, a superstar who most of us would like to have on our team. The other part Mr. Bill was wrong about is that Rasheed alone is not ruining the franchise. They have plenty of other knuckleheads besides him.

I wish Walton would spare us his self-righteous drivel.

4. Trail_Blazer76

Trail_Blazer76 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Waneko:</div><div class="quote_post">Bill Walton may be right about Rasheed about the emotional stuff, but he is not an underachiever. He is a great player, a superstar who most of us would like to have on our team. The other part Mr. Bill was wrong about is that Rasheed alone is not ruining the franchise. They have plenty of other knuckleheads besides him.

I wish Walton would spare us his self-righteous drivel.</div>

I agree. I wish that Walton would look at some old pictures of himself before he makes fun of current players. I don't feel that we can judge people based only on the statements that they make. I know some people who say terrible things, but are great with their kids, wives, etc.

As Sheed said, he doesn't need to make his contributions to the community public. He is a good guy, with a bad temper, and the inability to express his thoughts appropriately.

5. notmuchgame

notmuchgame JBB JustBBall Member

I do agree with you guys that Walton should of kept his mouth shut. But I also see his frustration. The TrailBlazers are his team, and Sheeds statements further embarrassed the franchise. If I was in his shoes, I would feel the same way, but making it so public wasn't such a good idea. I think he let his emotions get the best of his good judgement....

btw, i do agree with Walton that Wallace is an underachiever. Maybe my opinion of his ability is too high, but I believe he has the tools to be better than Duncan. He just hasn't gotten as much as he could have from his potential. He should be a 25pt 12 reb player..He has never even be able to averaged 20 and 8.

edit: Wallace did avg. 8 rbs in 01-02, his career high...

6. nikebasketball

nikebasketball JBB JustBBall Member

Rasheed is a very talented player with extremely high emotions, so what.

Bill Walton gets on my last nerve with his comments about the current players.

I wish he would keep them to himself.

7. Waneko

Bill Walton's just mad because Peter Vescey calls them the Jail Blazers. LOL.

8. jbbKing James

jbbKing James JBB Banned Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting notMuchgame:</div><div class="quote_post">I do agree with you guys that Walton should of kept his mouth shut.</div>

As should Wallace...

Bill is a HOFer, he is free to speak his mind as anyone else is.

9. Trail_Blazer76

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting King James:</div><div class="quote_post">As should Wallace...

Bill is a HOFer, he is free to speak his mind as anyone else is.</div>

Very contradictory. I'll let you figure out why your statment doesn't make sense. I'll even bold some of it for ya [​IMG] .

10. jbbKing James

Meaning that Wallace has not earned it.

And I doubt that we will see Sheed as a sports writer for any form of media...though I would die laughing to see it.

11. LORD AL

LORD AL JBB JustBBall Member

wfan said that wallace may be traded to the knicks on the backend of the steph penny trade for Van HORN

12. Vyper

Vyper -Vintage '73-

jaded corporate lackey
    Man,what a let down 'Sheed has been. He has all the tools to be a true impact player at his position and change the game the way people like Jordan did. Too bad his attitude kills his on court self.

Dean Smith and other Carolina coaches have often said that 'Sheed is one of the greatest players they ever had at Chapel Hill and I agree I got to see him play in the ACC because I attended many Duke/NC games with my pops and uncle.

Both him and Derrick Coleman could have made such a huge impact but they chose to act like spoiled brats and immature punks. Sometimes God gives his gifts to the truly unworthy...shame.

13. Crossover

Crossover JBB JustBBall Member

Wallace better than Duncan? I don't think that's possible.

If I were Bill Walton, I'd have said the exact same thing. Regardless of if you've ever been a player or not, Wallace brings just an negative insight to the TrailBlazers organization, it isn't funny. He really needs someone to jus knock the **** out of him, and maybe that'll set him straight.

Sometimes, you can't beat around the bush. Being painfully blunt is neccesary, at times. Like this.

14. Vyper

Vyper -Vintage '73-

jaded corporate lackey
    <div class="quote_poster">Quoting Crossover:</div><div class="quote_post">Wallace better than Duncan? I don't think that's possible.

If I were Bill Walton, I'd have said the exact same thing. Regardless of if you've ever been a player or not, Wallace brings just an negative insight to the TrailBlazers organization, it isn't funny. He really needs someone to jus knock the **** out of him, and maybe that'll set him straight.

Sometimes, you can't beat around the bush. Being painfully blunt is neccesary, at times. Like this.</div>

Man,'Sheed has shown flashes of brilliance and greatness..In my mind he's alot better of an overall athlete than TD. 'Sheed just let it all go to his head.

15. Waneko

Sheed is not better than Duncan. However, I heard that Bill Walton is asking for volunteers to "knock the **** out of him." Anyone?

16. Vyper

Vyper -Vintage '73-

jaded corporate lackey
    <div class="quote_poster">Quoting Waneko:</div><div class="quote_post">Sheed is not better than Duncan. However, I heard that Bill Walton is asking for volunteers to "knock the **** out of him." Anyone?</div>

No doubt,'Sheed isn't better than TD. However he had the potential to be an all-time great comin' out of UNC. Watch the dvd Jerseys In The Rafters and see what the coaches and teammates thought about 'Sheed in college. What's sad is that the talent carried over to the L,but 'Sheed doesnt seem to care.

17. Trail_Blazer76

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Waneko:</div><div class="quote_post">Sheed is not better than Duncan. However, I heard that Bill Walton is asking for volunteers to "knock the **** out of him." Anyone?</div>

Derek Anderson has been quoted as saying that Sheed is the most talented guy that he has ever played with, and DA played in San Antonio.

18. jbbKing James

Wallace should have been in the same class as the Duncan's and the KG's, but we all know that just won't happen. About what DA said, not all that bad a shock, just showing support to his teammate, but by no means can he seriously mean that, or say it with a straight face.

19. Vintage

Vintage Defeating Communism...

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Trail_Blazer76:</div><div class="quote_post">Derek Anderson has been quoted as saying that Sheed is the most talented guy that he has ever played with, and DA played in San Antonio.</div>

Well then. That must be true.

Ladies and gentlemen, Rasheed Wallace is more talented than Tim Duncan.

Nevermind the fact that Rasheed's highest season rebounding average (8.2) is lower than Tim Duncan's lowest (11.4)

Or that Rasheed's highest season scoring average (19.2) is lower than Tim Duncan's lowest (21.1)

Or that Rasheed's highest season block shots average (1.75) is lower than Tim Duncan's lowest (2.23)

Just for fun, lets compare career averages:
    Duncan- 22.8/12.4
    Wallace- 16/6.7

That should put this debate to rest.....

20. Trail_Blazer76

^^Apparently there are always people who will take statements literally.

Thank you KJ for realizing that DA's statement was a psychological attempt to get Sheed to play better.

Vintage feel free to continue debating with yourself.