Be gone Rasheed Wallace

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by ~Fatality~, Dec 16, 2003.

1. Rudeezy

Rudeezy JBB Senior *********

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Vintage:</div><div class="quote_post">Well then. That must be true.

Ladies and gentlemen, Rasheed Wallace is more talented than Tim Duncan.

Nevermind the fact that Rasheed's highest season rebounding average (8.2) is lower than Tim Duncan's lowest (11.4)

Or that Rasheed's highest season scoring average (19.2) is lower than Tim Duncan's lowest (21.1)

Or that Rasheed's highest season block shots average (1.75) is lower than Tim Duncan's lowest (2.23)

Just for fun, lets compare career averages:
    Duncan- 22.8/12.4
    Wallace- 16/6.7

That should put this debate to rest.....</div>I agree, no way Rasheed is more talented than Duncan. I hate that "potential" BS.

btw- I love Bill Walton.[​IMG]

2. Trip

Trip 2000000000000000000000000

Student
    Rasheed Wallace only has a bad temper, nothing else. I think he is venting all his frustrations this season is because of Zach Randolph. With Randolph around to play power forward, Wallace has been forced to play small forward, a position he doesn't covet. Hopefully he can get traded to a team which suits his desires before the trade deadline.

3. Rudeezy

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting franchise3:</div><div class="quote_post">Rasheed Wallace only has a bad temper, nothing else. I think he is venting all his frustrations this season is because of Zach Randolph. With Randolph around to play power forward, Wallace has been forced to play small forward, a position he doesn't covet. Hopefully he can get traded to a team which suits his desires before the trade deadline.</div>I thought he preferred to play the small foward?

He loves jacking up the 3 ball.

4. Trail_Blazer76

Trail_Blazer76 JBB JustBBall Member

I don't think that Sheed is angry about Zach's success. Sheed has had all the time in the world to make this his team, and has chosen to remain lax in every facet of his game.

Rudeezy hit the nail on the head. Although I'm not sure if Sheed literally prefers the three, but he isn't complaining.

5. Rave

Rave JBB JustBBall Member

He's like K-Mart and Bonzi, they're too uptight and competitive. This form of competitiveness becomes their strength, courage, toughness and intensity, hence the rather harsh plays. I still think it's inappropriate behavior though....nevertheless.

6. Rudeezy

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Magic Johnson:</div><div class="quote_post">He's like K-Mart and Bonzi, they're too uptight and competitive. This form of competitiveness becomes their strength, courage, toughness and intensity, hence the rather harsh plays. I still think it's inappropriate behavior though....nevertheless.</div>There is no such thing as "too competitive" in the NBA.[​IMG]

7. InNETSweTrust

InNETSweTrust JBB Philippines' Finest

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Magic Johnson:</div><div class="quote_post">He's like K-Mart and Bonzi, they're too uptight and competitive. This form of competitiveness becomes their strength, courage, toughness and intensity, hence the rather harsh plays. I still think it's inappropriate behavior though....nevertheless.</div>

Used correctly, competitiveness is one of the best tool to be successful in the NBA. Of course, you have to direct that competitive juices to the game...

8. Glen Infante

Glen Infante JBB Trend Setter

Walton said what was needed to be said. He wants Rasheed to read that and have him realize its time to grow up and start being a pro. One of Waltons best quote was "Being in the NBA is a privledge." and i feel that Sheed doesn't see it that way.

9. Waneko

Waneko JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Mr_Infante:</div><div class="quote_post">Walton said what was needed to be said. He wants Rasheed to read that and have him realize its time to grow up and start being a pro. One of Waltons best quote was "Being in the NBA is a privledge." and i feel that Sheed doesn't see it that way.</div>

I wouldn't necessarily see it that way either if I was 6'11'' with the skills he has. In fact, you could argue that the NBA needs him as much as he needs them based on the fact that there are few skilled big men.

Bill Walton is a self-righteous buffoon who contradicts himself whenever he opens his mouth. Just because he felt privaleged to be in the NBA doesn't mean everyone has to.

10. purehoops

purehoops JBB KGSource

His mind is elsewhere in games. He didnt even seem to be attentive from the start in Minnesota.

11. Trail_Blazer76

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Waneko:</div><div class="quote_post">Bill Walton is a self-righteous buffoon who contradicts himself whenever he opens his mouth. Just because he felt privaleged to be in the NBA doesn't mean everyone has to.</div>

Word, Bill Walton's "success" as a journalist and commentator has come as a result of his haughty mentality and "ability" to belittle others. I don't know how many of you read the whole article, but this is how he started it:

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">I finally found something that Richard Nixon said that makes sense.</div>

Walton then goes on to quote Nixon's insulting of Ronald Regan, which was really just an attempt by Walton to insult two former president's in his article. Then he uses the weak analogy and tries to relate it to Sheed (insulting a third person), then continues with the mindless drivel that he has trademarked over the years.

I see very little validity in any statement made by Bill Walton, and he finishes the article by saying "I want my team back" [​IMG] . If they were really his team he would stick by them through thick and thin (Do you think that I enjoyed watching the Blazers game last night?). Walton does nothing but insult the Blazers "The Blazers have some serious issues", "The Blazers are in turmoil", blah blah blah Bill........

12. Rave

Rave JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Trail_Blazer76:</div><div class="quote_post">Word, Bill Walton's "success" as a journalist and commentator has come as a result of his haughty mentality and "ability" to belittle others. I don't know how many of you read the whole article, but this is how he started it:

Walton then goes on to quote Nixon's insulting of Ronald Regan, which was really just an attempt by Walton to insult two former president's in his article. Then he uses the weak analogy and tries to relate it to Sheed (insulting a third person), then continues with the mindless drivel that he has trademarked over the years.

I see very little validity in any statement made by Bill Walton, and he finishes the article by saying "I want my team back" [​IMG] . If they were really his team he would stick by them through thick and thin (Do you think that I enjoyed watching the Blazers game last night?). Walton does nothing but insult the Blazers "The Blazers have some serious issues", "The Blazers are in turmoil", blah blah blah Bill........</div>

People like that aren't worth that time and effort, they're pointless to listen to. That's why we must look beyond these harshnesses and see the optimism for people like Walton aren't deserving of the recognition and audience they receive. For as the saying goes "If you haven't got anything nice to say, then you probably shouldn't have said anything at all."

13. Rudeezy

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Waneko:</div><div class="quote_post">

Bill Walton is a self-righteous buffoon who contradicts himself whenever he opens his mouth. Just because he felt privaleged to be in the NBA doesn't mean everyone has to.</div>The point is that everyone should.

14. Waneko

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Rudeezy:</div><div class="quote_post">The point is that everyone should.</div>

Ooookay. Why?

15. Rudeezy

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Waneko:</div><div class="quote_post">Ooookay. Why?</div>There are very few people in this world with the God-given talent these NBA players have. They are making millions of dollars to play a game. How could you not feel priveleged for that?

16. Trail_Blazer76

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Rudeezy:</div><div class="quote_post">There are very few people in this world with the God-given talent these NBA players have. They are making millions of dollars to play a game. How could you not feel priveleged for that?</div>

Have you ever heard of Amechi? I remember reading an atricle on him in ESPN magazine. Sloan (who was his coach) once asked him if he loved the game of basketball. Amechi, knowing that Sloan would see through a lie and bench him, answered honestly with a 'no'.

My point is that a lot of players are pointed in the direction of basketball at a very young ago. Either because they show potential, excel in a certain area (handling, shooting, etc), or even because they are tall

Many of these players may have wanted to pursue something that they truly love, but didn't want to take the risk, and chose the NBA because it was handed to them on a silver platter. It's no secret that a lot of players come from poor families and broken homes. They don't want their children to experience poverty, so they play in the NBA.

17. Rudeezy

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Trail_Blazer76:</div><div class="quote_post">

Many of these players may have wanted to pursue something that they truly love, but didn't want to take the risk, and chose the NBA because it was handed to them on a silver platter. It's no secret that a lot of players come from poor families and broken homes. They don't want their children to experience poverty, so they play in the NBA.</div>And they should feel priveleged that they have the opportunity to make millions of dollars now and not worry about being poor.

I hate going to school, but I am priveleged to be in such a great country with the freedom of going to school and getting an education.

I see your point, not all players will feel priveleged, but my point is that they should.

18. Waneko

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Rudeezy:</div><div class="quote_post">There are very few people in this world with the God-given talent these NBA players have. They are making millions of dollars to play a game. How could you not feel priveleged for that?</div>

Well, when a team fails to show loyalty to a particular player, for whatever reason, people often say it's a business. Why can't that be a two way street? If Rasheed Wallace was the one to come out and say he didn't like basketball, but it was a way of making a living, should he banned or condemned for that?