Rumor Beal?

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by KSF-ERIC, Jun 6, 2022.

1. Tince

Tince Well-Known Member

Yes.... and CJ barely ever received any all-star votes. I understand the West has been better, but there is a big difference an All-NBA guard and an NBA guard who only got a couple all-star votes over an 8 year career.

blazedanugz likes this.
  2. wizenheimer

wizenheimer Well-Known Member

I can't keep track of the arguments in this thread

3. BLAZINGGIANTS

BLAZINGGIANTS Well-Known Member

shaddup hizenweimer!

Tince and wizenheimer like this.
  4. julius

julius Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

singer songwriter
    Wait, we're supposed to keep track of that crap? I have no idea who I'm supposed to be feuding with for more than 30 seconds.

Strenuus and Tince like this.
  5. BLAZINGGIANTS

BLAZINGGIANTS Well-Known Member

You're a real orange, julius.

julius, Strenuus and Tince like this.
  6. KSF-ERIC

KSF-ERIC Well-Known Member

The point is you get the BPA if you can get him. Neither Beal or Dame are Jordan. That’s not the point.

7. SharpesTriumph

SharpesTriumph Well-Known Member

If Beal is available at pick 7 in the draft, sure.

But if the Blazers have to renounce Simons Nurk Hart Trade Exception MLE, give Beal a massive max contract, and start 3 scrubs.... I question if that is a good use of an offseason. Even though yes that gets the Blazers their best Robin
    talent in many years.

BBert likes this.
  8. HoopsFanAZ

HoopsFanAZ Well-Known Member

Beal > CJ
    2 elite guards playing together doesn't mean they won't win an NBA title. For the Blazers, we didn't have 2. Just 1.
    Beal is elite. CJ isn't. He's really good. But his D sucks. And he pounds the rock. And is an end point for the ball. And doesn't get to the line. And avoids contact like he's Mr. Glass. Any arguments to the contrary are .... well, I don't understand.

I'm not arguing for the Blazers to get Beal no matter how much I wished for that going back a number of years. Forward is the position of need. Both of them. The draft isn't likely to fix both of those 2 spots. Trades, free agency. I hope. Lavine or Beal? They're better than what we had with CJ, but that doesn't fix the forwards, either. Ayton? Still gotta fix the forwards. I'm not arguing against getting better players ... and I'd prefer practically everyone rumored this offseason as a target for the Blazers INSTEAD of having CJ back. All of them. And CJ is a really good scoring guard. I'm glad he's in New Orleans.

9. PDXFonz

PDXFonz I’m listening

Hard pass on Bradley Beal… Everyone else has already stated why.

blazerkor likes this.
  10. Mediocre Man

Mediocre Man Mr. SportsTwo

For their careers, CJ has a -1 dbpm, while Beal has a -0.9. Don’t bring up CJ’s shitty defense without Beal’s

Last edited: Jun 8, 2022
    Fairly-Hard likes this.
  11. Fairly-Hard

Fairly-Hard Former Member Gone New!

Also in todays NBA the 3 point shot has a bit of value. CJ is noticeably better. Not so much career wise CJ is 39.6% Beal is 37.2% but most recently CJ is still over 39% where Beal last year was at 30%. Granted Beal only played 40 games and that Hip injury might have been a big reason for the drop off?

12. Mediocre Man

Beal is great, but not a massive upgrade

Fairly-Hard likes this.
  13. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

My great grandfather created Orange Winzet which he sold, and was thus renamed Orange Julius.

14. Shaboid

Shaboid Well-Known Member

Really? That's probably a pretty cool story and some great family history to have.

15. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

Yep.

He had a successful stand in California. A small building. He made all the recipes himself. He did so well he was bought out and the rest is history.

It was fun to tell my son about when we went to the Lloyd Center to the Dairy Queen/Orange Julius.

16. Tince

Tince Well-Known Member

Exactly. We must keep the streak of no more than one all-star level player on this roster alive. We must do anything we can to resist obtaining top end talent! Titles are won with the role players baby!

17. SharpesTriumph

SharpesTriumph Well-Known Member

Bradley Beal was not an all star last season.

In 10 years he's been an all star 3 times in a weak eastern conference. Being a ball dominant small poor defensive guard, he just might be the worst possible max player to pair with Damian Lillard.

You want to renounce Nurk, Simons, Hart, trade exceptions, MLE to chase the chance to maybe sign Beal to a huge max contract? Sounds like a terrible use of an offseason.

BBert likes this.
  18. Tince

Tince Well-Known Member

There are a ton of trades I wouldn't accept for Beal. I'm responding to the people who say they don't want him at all. Of course you have to factor in the cost to obtain him.

Since 2017, when Beal has been healthy (you have to factor that in) he has been an all-star every year. But maybe you don't consider Dame an All-Star anymore because he wasn't an all-star last year either. I do though.

19. Mediocre Man

An all star in the east. Would CJ have been an all star in the east? Would Beal have in the west. Their stats are basically the same

20. Tince

Tince Well-Known Member

I think Beal still would have made an all-star game in the West and no I don't think CJ would make it in the East. Can't prove or disprove that though. I think Beal is a a full level up from CJ. I think Ayton is better than Nurk, even if the stats don't suggest that big of a difference.

I've never seen anything from CJ that shows me he can be a solid #1 option. Beal has proven he has that skill set.