Bears keep rolling

Discussion in 'NFC North' started by Bearsfan1, Nov 6, 2005.

1. Bearsfan1

Bearsfan1 2 Time Defending FF Champion

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (porky88)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GoChiagobears)</div><div class='quotemain'>QB Rex Grossman (ankle) began running this week.
    Impact: Grossman is still targeting November 27 as his return from ankle surgery. (Sat. Nov 5, 2005)</div>

Boy your Grossman's #1 Fan aren't you.</div>

No, I am. I am bears fan #1 :cheesey:

2. GoChiagobears

GoChiagobears nfl-*****s member

hey if it can help us wins games against good teams then yea because if kyle turns it over like that against the panthers thats not gonna be good.

3. Wannab Favre

Wannab Favre nfl-*****s member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (porky88)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GoChiagobears)</div><div class='quotemain'>QB Rex Grossman (ankle) began running this week.
    Impact: Grossman is still targeting November 27 as his return from ankle surgery. (Sat. Nov 5, 2005)</div>

Boy your Grossman's #1 Fan aren't you.</div>

Haha, seems to be! Grossman's return is totally highlighted in your diary man!

4. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

The moment Orton throws an INT against Carolina. I'm guessing he does because the Panthers have a good secondary. GoChicago will be yelling for Grossman.

5. GoChiagobears

its not the points its who can help the team win and if u dont know wat u got how can u say anything.

6. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GoChiagobears)</div><div class='quotemain'>its not the points its who can help the team win and if u dont know wat u got how can u say anything.</div>

And what proof is there that Grossman can let the team win more than Orton.

7. GoChiagobears

at least he has been it longer i dont think if favre went done earlyer in his career u would wrtie him off.

8. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GoChiagobears)</div><div class='quotemain'>at least he has been it longer i dont think if favre went done earlyer in his career u would wrtie him off.</div>

Favre never did once!! Grossman did twice!! Favre is tough whether you like him or not. Even with the hits he's taken early on this season. Grossman is soft as cheese. Orton has a bright future as do the Bears.

9. vikingfan

vikingfan nfl-*****s member

I don't see the bears running the table. I think GB beats them AT LEAST 1 out of the 2 games, if not both games. GB is not as bad as their record shows.

I also think that with Grossman coming back there is the potential for a bit of a QB controversy. The players will have to re-adjust to a new QB, and there is no telling how good Grossman is going to play.

The Bears best bet is that the only team that could possibly catch them (the Vikings) can't win on the road at all. I see the Bears winning the division somewhere between 7-9 and 9-7.

10. Wannab Favre

I think they will win more than two more games! They will beat the 49ers anyhow, their D is too good for the 49ers offense.

11. GoChiagobears

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (vikingfan)</div><div class='quotemain'>I don't see the bears running the table. I think GB beats them AT LEAST 1 out of the 2 games, if not both games. GB is not as bad as their record shows.

I also think that with Grossman coming back there is the potential for a bit of a QB controversy. The players will have to re-adjust to a new QB, and there is no telling how good Grossman is going to play.

The Bears best bet is that the only team that could possibly catch them (the Vikings) can't win on the road at all. I see the Bears winning the division somewhere between 7-9 and 9-7.</div>

we will see.

12. GoChiagobears

So, if Orton is playing like complete crap and we start losing game after game going into the tough part of the schedule you wouldn't brink in Rex when he's healthy? So Orton shouldn't be benched for bad play, but Rex SHOULD lose his job due to injury? I can't say I agree with any of that. Play the best QB period! We need to WIN, not coddle players' egos!

13. Wannab Favre

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GoChiagobears)</div><div class='quotemain'>So, if Orton is playing like complete crap and we start losing game after game going into the tough part of the schedule you wouldn't brink in Rex when he's healthy? So Orton shouldn't be benched for bad play, but Rex SHOULD lose his job due to injury? I can't say I agree with any of that. Play the best QB period! We need to WIN, not coddle players' egos!</div>

You'r the big lad saying that we need to encourage the players and so forth, which we are doing seeing as we have won 4 in a row.

But you keep on mouthing off about Orton is having trouble and stuff. We all know that if Orton plays bad Grossman will get a shot. Drop it

14. Bearsfan1

Bearsfan1 2 Time Defending FF Champion

I think they should put grossman in regardless. He offers the potential for a dimension to offense Orton doesnt

15. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

Lovie Smith needs to put in Grossman just to test him out, see what kind of player Grossman is

16. Wannab Favre

you do that in the offseason, not when you are vying for a playoffs spot. Lovei Smith wont risk it, every game the bears play not is a must win

17. vikingfan

vikingfan nfl-*****s member

Consistency is a big part of winning games, especially at the QB position. Linemen block differently for different QBs and receivers interact with different QBs differently.

Grossman has been out for most of the season. Putting him in is a calculated risk, one that might not be worth taking.

18. GoChiagobears

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (vikingfan)</div><div class='quotemain'>Consistency is a big part of winning games, especially at the QB position. Linemen block differently for different QBs and receivers interact with different QBs differently.

Grossman has been out for most of the season. Putting him in is a calculated risk, one that might not be worth taking.</div>

we will see about that now wont we

19. hoodie7

hoodie7 nfl-*****s member

has anybody heard the saying that if it aint broke dont fix it....why would you change anything when you guys are poised to make the playoffs?....im not saying grossman shouldnt play at all but orton should get the majority of the snaps

20. Wannab Favre

For sure, why mess around with it, I am pretty sure that Lovie will leave it as it is, hell what kinda confidence would that leave Orton with!?