Game Thread Bears vs Ducks, 9/30/2017

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by SlyPokerDog, Sep 30, 2017.

1. BLAZINGGIANTS

BLAZINGGIANTS Well-Known Member

I root for both teams. But to see someone so worked up and spending so much time bashing the Beavs.... I mean, you can't talk shit to anyone else in the Pac-12, so you look for the midget in the corner. "But hey, I can still talk shit to you." Get your kicks in where you can.

Except the Beavs beat the Ducks in the most recent Civil War....

So there's that.

It's this time of bullshit that I believe brings bad ju-ju and negativity (see yesterday's game's injury report).

dviss1 and JFizzleRaider like this.
  2. BLAZINGGIANTS

Your Google is broken.

rotary111 likes this.
  3. ripcityboy

ripcityboy Well-Known Member

self employed

And Oregon State's ad hoc excuse for all their troubles by mentioning the Duck's recent success wouldn't explain any bad juju they've had? Do they hire a great AD like Bill Moos or Greg Byrne who has the foresight amid limited resources to hire a system coach like Mike Leech. No, to be competent would be too much effort, wouldn't it? Not when you have the Ducks as their penultimate White Whale of excuses that will be there to nullify any bitter regrets of consistant losses. It's not quite as sad as the recent Boston Red Sox fans constantly blaming Babe Ruth for their inability to win the WS, but it's close. Any bad blood between the Beavs and Ducks is as much their fault as Quacker Backers.

4. BLAZINGGIANTS

LOL. You're proving my point. The Beavers have been a joke for so long there's no point in continuing to discuss their lack of competency, unless you're insecure about where the Ducks are these days.

5. Sinobas

Sinobas Banned User BANNED

Ha! Did you notice this is an Oregon Ducks thread? I simply made a statement to Sly in response to his mentioning the Beavers getting called for a lot of PI, and the Beaver fans came in here on the offensive.

6. ripcityboy

self employed
    I think the woman who yelled at me for daring to ask if she was a Ducks fan, and then gave me a explanation of Machiavellian intrigue about how the Ducks have cheated for the last few years.... (a few weeks ago) did mine. And that isn't an isolated case. And no, I don't know how you can be insecure about college sports.... it's not like you have a draft at the end of the year. If you suck, there are no chances that will change any time soon. Being insecure about it doesn't help.

7. BLAZINGGIANTS

Same thing happens in the Beavers threads.... But worse.

8. BLAZINGGIANTS

The die-hard Duck fans sure have me fooled then. I guess they're insecure about other things...

9. ripcityboy

self employed
    Yeah, any chance of NBA parity in the next century. If your quietly alluding to something, that's it.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2017
  10. BlazerDuckSeahawkFan94

BlazerDuckSeahawkFan94 AWOL

Nebraska should be easy to recruit to imo, not because of location but because it's a good university and a powerhouse program, a dormant one but a powerhouse nonetheless.

11. ripcityboy

self employed
    How? It's been over twenty years since the Osbourne era. Low population, not near a major recruiting area. Texas and Cali schools beat them consistently for recruits. They moved to the Big 10 and aren't able to attract the walk-ons that the program once thrived on. I am not saying it's not a potential winner, but this isn't the Nebraska of the 90's. I think Cornhuskers are hoping that Scott Frost is their potential savior. When he decides to leave UCF.

12. BLAZINGGIANTS

Not that I doubted that recruits were being paid in a multitude of ways, but it's nice to see it start to come to light. It's just the tip of the iceberg. And it's not going to stop.

Cracking down on payola is the one thing that can be some semblance of parity to the playing field. But even then, some universities will be more attractive than others for a plethora of reasons (geography, as well as facilities, coaching staff, program styles, reputation/history, etc).

So I really don't see how parity can be achieved in NCAA....

JFizzleRaider likes this.
  13. ripcityboy

self employed
    Banning sports wear companies from sinking so much money into amateur sports and making stiff penalties at the AAU/Club level for any kind of hanky panky would be a start. Also, banning recruit handlers and trips managed by "coaches" (like 7 0n 7 competitions) who take these teens on recruiting trips or act as direct link with their parents. There is an entire industry of low class journalism grads, failed coaches and low rent shit heels who pray on these kids. Which is incredibly creepy when you think about it.