Believe Harder

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by KingSpeed, Apr 19, 2015.

1. KingSpeed

KingSpeed Veteran

actor
    This is apt because Memphis' playoff slogan is merely Believe. We're gonna have to believe harder to win Game 2. I don't know if you guys know where the phrase "Believe Harder" came from. It was on a little girl's sign during the 2003 playoff series vs Dallas. I've been believing harder ever since. There is a lot of good to take from this game. Our size gives them trouble. Our bigs outplayed their bigs and I think that will continue. We out rebounded them in Game 1. If that is a trend, we will climb back into this series. Meyers Leonard showed he can be a factor and Batum was aggressive in the way they we want and need him to be. The obvious problem was that Lillard/Blake got DESTROYED by Conley/Udrih. I don't see that happening four times in this series. I'm glad we don't play again til Wednesday. Hopefully, we can get Afflalo back and move CJ back to the bench where he can (and must) dominate. I wish I could stay for Game 2 but I have to be in Ann Arbor, MI for a retirement party. I'll be watching Game 2 from my hotel room in Detroit. I am thinking of going to Game 4 though.

HailBlazers likes this.
  2. magnifier661

magnifier661 B-A-N-A-N-A-S!

Cracking fools in the skull
    As long as you don't go to these games, I will Guaransheed a playoff series victory.

3. Roger Templeton

Roger Templeton Member

Haha c'mon man, don't be a mean asshole. His presence didn't result in the Blazers playing like a bunch of no-talent ass clowns.

Mad props for your fandom, KingSpeed. Keep doing what you're doing.

PDXFonz likes this.
  4. KingSpeed

KingSpeed Veteran

actor
    Thanks

5. MickZagger

MickZagger Well-Known Member

UPS
    Our bigs give them trouble? Really? I'm not seeing it.

6. KingSpeed

KingSpeed Veteran

actor
    We outrebounded the Grizzlies and our bigs outscored their bigs. We scored in the paint a lot. A lot of 3 point plays.

7. Blazer4ever

Blazer4ever Finding a Way BANNED

Agricolture
    We have a big problem with the coach. Our coach is a wuss, he says he'll start Crabbe - finally making a non obvious decision - then he chickens out and starts McCollum and we lose the game in the 1st quarter.
    He can't make adjustments, his rotations are set in stone and we have no ability to react to what's happening on the court. He continues to hide Lillard on defense instead of making him deal with the situation and get better, if you're talking about believing, I've lost all faith in this coach, my belief is that if I'm not watching the games the Blazers would get blown out.
    There are two threads in this forum that I'm not gonna even read, one about Lamarcus possibly leaving and one bashing Lillard, which brings me to the other aspect of this team that I really don't believe in anymore and that's the fans.
    This team is bigger than any one player and if Lamarcus wants to leave he shouldn't let the door hit him on his way out. I'm not gonna say bad things about him just because someone says he might possibly leave but I'll tell you in general that he isn't even such a great player, that you were all happy to let T-Rob go for free and to be more specific, Lillard, Batum and Lopez are more important players to our team even right now. The other thread about Lillard is just a disgrace. Lillard is facing a personal challenge as a basketball player, he has the guts and integrity to understand that right now he's a liability on defense, probably because of playing in lower-class college program but Lillard is the kind of player that would face this challenge and get better and when he does he could be the greatest Blazer player in history. But instead of knowing that and supporting him, even if it costs us a series, you start bad-mouthing him and the coach tries to put him on lesser players on defense like you can win a championship by hiding your problems instead of dealing with them - you can't.
    Golden State were a disappointment last year and won the regular season this year. I can't see us winning it all this year, maybe one series but anything better than that is expecting miracles. But once you become more realistic about your goals you can try to do your best, do things right, and then even if you lose you get better and more ready for the next challenge.

HailBlazers likes this.
  8. Duvalier

Duvalier Active Member

Lol...ok. Best PF in the NBA but yeah LaMarcus isn't such a great player, the guy's been playing hurt and carrying this team for how long?

Last edited: Apr 20, 2015
    dviss1 likes this.
  9. rasheedfan2005

rasheedfan2005 Well-Known Member

We got them where we want them. Let them show boat and get cocky. Thats when they day of the dawg begins.

10. UKRAINEFAN

UKRAINEFAN Well-Known Member

un-retired
    I gotta go with Blaze on this; we are trying to believe but we need help from the coach. We don't need Afflalo back to get McCollum to the bench; get Crabbe in there. And yes we need some new twists on defense especially as the playoffs arrive. I know he likes to keep it simple but it isn't working. Jump out once and in awhile on the pick and roll defense. double team sporadically. i would even try zone occasionally. We don't seem to have the personnel right now to play straight up.

11. KingSpeed

KingSpeed Veteran

actor
    Well, it looked bleak midgame but I liked what I saw in the second half. We can still compete with this team and take these next two at home. Believe Even Harder?

HailBlazers likes this.
  12. santeesioux

santeesioux Just keep on scrolling by

Trolling the internet
    But I'm an atheist.

Cliff1976 likes this.
  13. HailBlazers

HailBlazers RipCity

Liked what I saw as well but unfortunately no amount of belief will bring Mathews, Wright, and Afflalo back at once.

KingSpeed likes this.
  14. PHXBlazer1

PHXBlazer1 Well-Known Member

We will beat them in 6 games. Believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KingSpeed likes this.
  15. riverman

riverman Writing Team

Still a shot to win this series. I think it's obvious that without Wes we don't win the ugly games we used to. With this roster we have to shoot lights out to win. One 4 game win streak is all it takes. Stotts is facing his biggest challenge in this series. See how he adjusts. Game 2 was a small improvement over game 1 at least

KingSpeed likes this.
  16. KingSpeed

KingSpeed Veteran

actor
    GO BLAZERS!! BELIEVE!!!

3RA1N1AC and BlazerCaravan like this.
  17. riverman

riverman Writing Team

18. KingSpeed

KingSpeed Veteran

actor
    Bump