Ben Roethlisberger Motorcycle Accident (Merged)

Discussion in 'AFC North' started by Jon_Vilma, Jun 12, 2006.

1. AdropOFvenom

AdropOFvenom BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Steelers | Rooney issues statement regarding RoethlisbergerMon, 12 Jun 2006 12:41:33 -0700Pittsburgh Steelers president Art Rooney issued a statement regarding QB Ben Roethlisberger's (head, knee) motorcycle accident. Rooney said, "On behalf of everyone within the Steelers organization, I want to express my concern for Ben Roethlisberger. I am sure Ben knows that we are praying for his complete recovery. So far, we have been encouraged by the early reports from the medical team at Mercy Hospital. Our public relations staff will pass along any additional updates as we receive them from the hospital." Steelers | Roethlisberger injury updateMon, 12 Jun 2006 11:47:40 -0700John Clayton, on ESPNews, reports Pittsburgh Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger (head, knee) is in surgery to fix a broken jaw. He also suffered a nine-inch laceration on his head, some missing teeth and knee damage. The team is not commenting on his accident yet.Steelers | Roethlisberger in serious but stable conditionMon, 12 Jun 2006 10:37:33 -0700Updating previous reports, ESPNews reports Pittsburgh Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger (head) is in serious but stable condition in an operating room.</div>

2. Jon_Vilma

Jon_Vilma NFLC nflcentral.net Member

As bad as this sounds........ So the Bengals have a lock on the division now?

3. GotSkillz92

GotSkillz92 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

I got my money on the Bengals but the Ravens finally got a QB so its a battle between em.

4. jeefunk

jeefunk NFLC nflcentral.net Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jon_Vilma @ Jun 12 2006, 04:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>As bad as this sounds........ So the Bengals have a lock on the division now?</div>or the RavensI still wouldn't count the Steelers out, though. Big Ben has played a big part in their "resurgence," but their running game and defense is the backbone of their team.

5. The Marine

The Marine BBW Member

I'll admit we're done and im gonna support us no matter what if we don't have Ben so im going with the Bengals on this one.

6. Brooksie5

Brooksie5 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Johnny White Guy @ Jun 12 2006, 11:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jon_Vilma @ Jun 12 2006, 02:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Per ESPNews Nurse says Ben's jaw is "in pieces"</div>that's disgusting...http://poetry.rotten.com/all-kings-horses/that is worse though ^^^ ben is lucky to be alive.</div>Is that guy ok?I'll go out on a limb here and say Big Ben is not ready for the start of the regular season...<span style="font-size:8pt;line-height:100%">in 2007</span>

7. BigMike23

BigMike23 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

Poor guy, get well Ben. Does anyone esle think its ironic that a little over one year ago He said that he rides without a helmet? Now he pays the price for his stupidity.On NFL Total Access they said that as of now his injuries shouldn't keep him from playing this year.

8. Flockers

Flockers BBW Member

I think he'll play this year. Maybe not at the beginning, but sometime this year.

9. JHair

JHair NFLC nflcentral.net Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BigMike23 @ Jun 12 2006, 06:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>On NFL Total Access they said that as of now his injuries shouldn't keep him from playing this year.</div>just hearing exactly what happened to him makes me cringe... I can't see how he could take the feild any time soon from all that I've heard about his condition.Whenever it is that he returns will be a great game to see, for his road to recovery is probably going to be pretty tough.

10. The Marine

The Marine BBW Member

Words im hearing he could actually play this season. He seems to be fine, he just need his face damage and jaw to heal. And like i said, his knees aren't anything serious.

11. The Marine

The Marine BBW Member

John Clayton just said on ESPN that they were just scraped (his knees) -- A lot worse could've happened like i said, he got lucky

12. JHair

One source says he tore ligaments, the other says he scraped them? That's a BIG difference.

13. The Marine

The Marine BBW Member

He didn't tore anything on his knees, it's nothing serious

14. Jon_Vilma

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (xpostxscript @ Jun 12 2006, 05:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>He didn't tore anything on his knees, it's nothing serious</div>Optimist.The source said he damaged the ligaments, not tore them. You can sprain and bruise ligaments.

15. PITT23

PITT23 BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jon_Vilma @ Jun 12 2006, 05:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>As bad as this sounds........ So the Bengals have a lock on the division now?</div>Youre kidding right? Ben might miss the first few games and might not miss any. Either way, the rest of the team is still great. Also, Carson Palmer is recovering from a torn ACL if you'll recall.

16. The Marine

The Marine BBW Member

He didn't damaged his ligaments which is a good sign

17. Jon_Vilma

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (xpostxscript @ Jun 12 2006, 05:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>He didn't damaged his ligaments which is a good sign</div>Just brain damage.

18. Flockers

Flockers BBW Member

Do ya' think the Steelers will let him on a motorcycle after this?

19. JHair

I doubt he will go motorcycle riding again after that, man. Would you? Shit.The guy had EVERYTHING going for him, on pace to being one of the best QBs to ever play the game. And BAM that kind of thing can take it all away from you in a heartbeat. Not worth it.

20. DevinHester23

DevinHester23 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jon_Vilma @ Jun 12 2006, 07:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (xpostxscript @ Jun 12 2006, 05:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>He didn't tore anything on his knees, it's nothing serious</div>Optimist.The source said he damaged the ligaments, not tore them. You can sprain and bruise ligaments.</div>Yeah. I got hit by a car last year and I had a bone contusion in my knee for 2 months. I couldn't bend it much for that time, and there was severe swelling in my leg. It can be pretty serious.