Trade Ben Simmons poll

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Rastapopoulos, Jun 21, 2021.

?

What's the most you would give up for Ben Simmons?

1. CJ + RoCo for Simmons and scrubs

9.7%
  2. CJ for Simmons

62.1%
  3. It depends on our new coach

3.4%
  4. I'm not trading for that bum!

24.8%
  1. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!

By Ben Goliver

RR7 likes this.
  2. illmatic99

illmatic99 formerly yuyuza1

Scoop B is followed by Daryl Morey and a few other NBA twitter people.

Barry Bondz is followed by Obama, wtf.

but yes, dont trust these dudes. they're kinda clueless about nba rumors

Natebishop3 likes this.
  3. blazerkor

blazerkor Well-Known Member

Call me crazy but if the Sixers want CJ and RoCo for Ben and Thybulle, hell even if they want a future pick or tow to boot...

I'd do it.

AmirIcon and Fez Hammersticks like this.
  4. calvin natt

calvin natt Confeve

Uh yeah heartbeat. Thybulle is young and will be better than Covington.

BBert likes this.
  5. illmatic99

Since when did this Fischer cat get all these sources?

Haakzilla likes this.
  6. Rastapopoulos

Rastapopoulos Well-Known Member

Ballin'
    "All-in" doesn't mean trading Dame for him, though. So it means "really want him but won't offer enough".

7. Pinwheel1

Pinwheel1 Well-Known Member

The Timberwolves and Raptors could use him for sure.

But the Mavs and Denver? I think those are bad fits. They are not trading their best player for him either.

8. Rastapopoulos

Rastapopoulos Well-Known Member

Ballin'
    Been saying Timberwolves for a while...
    I'm not a fan of Russell myself, but I have a feeling he'd be a Jamal Murray in the playoffs (which Simmons absolutely isn't). He's got some swagger.

9. e_blazer

e_blazer Rip City Fan

Consultant
    If it meant trading Dame for Simmons, “All-in” would have to be replaced with “fucking insane”.

BBert, Pinwheel1 and wizenheimer like this.
  10. illmatic99

latest from Philly's beat guy. i'm just pasting the simmons parts

“Philadelphia has options,” a league source told The Inquirer. “They’re just not finite.”

The source added that more teams are interested in acquiring the three-time All-Star than have been reported because of this summer’s weak free-agency class. The lack of players available makes it more likely Simmons will inevitably be moved.

The Sixers are asking for a package that includes an All-Star player for their point guard. However, teams haven’t been willing to offer that leading up to Thursday night’s NBA draft at the Barclay Center in Brooklyn.

Knowing that parting ways is best for Simmons and the Sixers, teams are looking for a bargain-basement deal.

Sources believe potential trade partners will have more of a sense of urgency to acquire Simmons closer to the start of the season. They’ll be more willing to part ways with valued assets.

That would also enable Sixers president of basketball operations Daryl Morey to survey the league’s balance of power after the free-agency period. He would have a better idea of what assets the Sixers would need in return to compete for an NBA title.

While the Sixers are publicly noncommittal about trading Simmons, bringing him back could lead to a circus-like atmosphere.

The 25-year-old knows he’d be better off elsewhere.

Simmons has turned into public enemy No. 1 in Philadelphia. Fans have burned his jersey. The Philly and national media continue to mock his poor shooting. And in a recent radio interview, Philly movie star and comedian Michael Blackson, a former close friend of Simmons, spoke of his disdain for the Sixers guard and criticized his character.

It’s going to be tough for Simmons to regain favor with Sixers fans. It wouldn’t be surprising if he was booed at games and heckled around town at the start of next season. He knows that.

So if Simmons is not traded this summer, the Sixers might have to prepare for actions that could lead to a forced trade.

If he really wants out, Simmons could opt to be disruptive or not show up for training camp. The tactics have worked in the past for elite professional athletes looking to be traded.

Which underscores why league sources believe a trade is inevitable.

11. illmatic99

He also had to put this in the article that made me want to throw up.

Meanwhile, the New York Knicks have been reported as a potential landing spot for Lillard if he opts to be traded.

12. wizenheimer

wizenheimer Well-Known Member

I LOL'd at that write up. So many inconsistencies in what the Pompey guy is saying

to start with, can we just dismiss the idea that there are "sources", plural, and be real that there's likely only one source and that's somebody in the 76er front office

for instance, this part:

"Sources believe potential trade partners will have more of a sense of urgency to acquire Simmons closer to the start of the season. They’ll be more willing to part ways with valued assets"

does anybody buy that logic? I sure don't. It might be true for 1 or 2 teams, but I think the rest will want to have their ducks in a row at the start of the season and will be reluctant to engage in a major disruption. Not only that, the 'article' talks about how bad the relationship is between Philly and Simmons. Bridges are burned and the earth is scorched. If Simmons is still in Philly close to the start of the season, the most desperate team will be the 76ers

that article looks like spin right out of Morey's office

blazerkor and illmatic99 like this.
  13. illmatic99

Definitely lots of agendas with these sources this time of year. Even the earlier report of Simmons going awol on his team this summer I feel are coming from opposing teams. Philly just refuted it vehemently.

14. blazerkor

Of course he did man. Until Neil does something meaningful and people like Quick stop putting out the narrative that Olshey might just be unable to improve the team... everyone should be thinking that Dame will be gone at some point soon. If and hopefully when Olshey makes a move or two that improve this roster to the degree Dame is asking for, then we can expect the media to shut the fuck up about Dame trades.

15. blazerkor

I think Neil is doing the same thing right now in regards to the stories that there aren't good enough offers out there right now to move CJ. These are the two most vocal front offices this off season, the two that are seemingly leaking the most information to the media. I think it's because the CJ plus for Ben trade is very much alive and being negotiated, both guys are looking for the upper hand and want legit offers from other teams to bring up in negotiations.

It's like Zach Lowe said, CJ makes too much sense for us and Ben is the only one available for us that could be a superstar next to Dame and is as good as the second best established option out there being Siakam.

16. UKRAINEFAN

UKRAINEFAN Well-Known Member

un-retired
    If that is true; it's another big red flag for me.

17. UKRAINEFAN

UKRAINEFAN Well-Known Member

un-retired
    It's difficult to know who to trust......

18. blazerkor

What's a red flag about it? I bet they can get in touch with his agent. It sounds to me like he has no desire to talk to Doc or any of his people. Did you see the shit Doc talked about him? That was some of the most flagrant slander I think I've ever seen from a coach about a player and then the front office is openly shopping him. With the way Embiid has talked about him, I can't imagine that he's going to want to play with him again and the team has already obviously picked between the two of them.

So it's Ben's off season and he's not keen on talking to people who have shit on him and he most likely won't have to talk to again. Maybe it's a good sign that he's trying to get the poison out of him that kept him from dunking and getting to the hole. Maybe it shows that his confidence has recovered and he's telling those guys to go fuck themselves by not returning their calls.

BBert likes this.
  19. B-Roy

B-Roy If it takes months

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiret...us-Ben-Simmons-Trade-Talks-With-76ers-To-Date

20. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!