Trade Ben Simmons poll

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Rastapopoulos, Jun 21, 2021.

?

What's the most you would give up for Ben Simmons?

1. CJ + RoCo for Simmons and scrubs

10.6%
  2. CJ for Simmons

63.4%
  3. It depends on our new coach

3.5%
  4. I'm not trading for that bum!

22.5%
  1. Shaboid

Shaboid Well-Known Member

You forget that once this whole Olshey investigation is over, we're resigning Meyers.

2. BoomChakaLaka

BoomChakaLaka Well-Known Member

Designer / Artist
    San Miguel de Allende, Mexico (formerly PDX)
    why is that? I sure hope we don’t Sign him to a massive contract in July - so best we find a team to trade him to!

blazerkor likes this.
  3. andalusian

andalusian Season - Restarted

If you think he will resign. I think Nurkic will not resign here for what he is really worth, trading him is the only way to get some value for him, the other alternative is overpaying for a player that would have thrived in the nba of 15 years ago but is a role player in today's NBA. Zco was supposed to be Portland's modern NBA big, doubling down on a relic will haunt Portland going forward.

wizenheimer likes this.
  4. HailBlazers

HailBlazers RIPcity

Team friendly deal yes.

5. boredinsalem

boredinsalem Active Member

This is a rock bottom deal, but I think we might be a better team with the following:

McCollum/Roco for Love/Okoro

They get more balanced and add scoring and some shooting to go with their impressive backline. We get under the tax, balance out the roster, retain cap flexibility for next year, and get younger. Who knows what Dame makes of it though.

Lillard/Simons
    Powell/Okoro
    Little/Snell
    Love/Nance
    Nurkic/Zeller

I actually think that Love/Nurkic lineups would feast when healthy. We could play some bully ball and the passing from all of our bigs would be top notch. We'd be absolutely dependent on Dame's health and growth from Simons, Okoro, and Little, but we're not going anywhere now so fuck it.

6. Minstrel

Minstrel Top Of The Pops Global Moderator

User Interface Designer
    "Team friendly deal" invariably means fewer years and/or dollars. I don't see Nurkic, a proud guy who doesn't believe he gets enough touches and chances to run the offense through himself, going along with that. I think andalusian is right that Nurkic is likely to price himself out of Portland's market as a free agent.

SlyPokerCat likes this.
  7. Lanny

Lanny Original Season Ticket Holder "Mr. Big Shot"

Elec. & Computer Engineer OSU Computer Science PSU
    The only three worth a shit out of that list are Devon Booker, Jrue Holiday and Chris Paul.

8. wizenheimer

wizenheimer Well-Known Member

I think that's all likely accurate

if free agency started today, I don't think there's any chance Nurkic would re-sign with Portland. And if Nurkic didn't get the kinds of offers he expected (which is also likely) I'd think he'd blame Billups and Olshey for torpedoing his contract year...and wouldn't re-sign even if the Blazers offered a little more money than anybody else. I can't see any of that dynamic changing much over the rest of the season; but I guess it's possible

problem is Olshey is still the GM and, IMO, he won't do anything that could jeopardize the win total this season. I think he's desperate to be proven right about the "roster isn't the problem", and trading away Nurkic takes away the best defender & rebounder. Blazers would lose more games. How many more I don't know but they'd probably be in the play-in at best

I'd say there is a really good chance that Nurkic will walk next summer. Same for RoCo and he'll take the ghosts of two 1st round picks with him

9. TBpup

TBpup Writing Team

Investment Management / Financial Planner
    Simmons is still the most talented player the Blazers could hope to pair with Dame, baggage, warts and all.

He makes the Blazers a better defensive team, a more athletic team, and a bigger team... which are all things Chauncey wants.

He also makes us better in all of those areas just by pushing Powell to SG.

And it's not like we wouldn't get more out of moon on offense than we are getting from RoCo.

This has the biggest upside and that is one of the things Cronin spoke about.