Trade Ben Simmons poll

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Rastapopoulos, Jun 21, 2021.

?

What's the most you would give up for Ben Simmons?

1. CJ + RoCo for Simmons and scrubs

9.7%
  2. CJ for Simmons

62.1%
  3. It depends on our new coach

3.4%
  4. I'm not trading for that bum!

24.8%
  1. Hoopguru

Hoopguru Well-Known Member

Giving up Ant & Nurk, 37 pts, 15 rbds, 6 assist for a guy averaging 6 pts? I know you hope to get FRP's but?
    I think Nash would have had him playing the 5 if he thought he would be effective.

2. oldmangrouch

oldmangrouch persona non grata

I have to admit, this take baffles me. He got what he wanted, and he is still pouting and playing like crap. Even if you think his bad attitude in Philly was justified (I don't) what reason does he have to be dogging it in NJ?

3. Hoopguru

40 million a year for an NBA guard that cant shoot?

oldmangrouch likes this.
  4. illmatic99

illmatic99 formerly yuyuza1

it's obviously speculation.

but KD is *maybe* more undervalued now than he ever has been.

5. tlongII

tlongII Legendary Poster

Systems Analyst
    You think Simmons is as thick as Bam? You go with that then.

6. Hoopguru

If you could get Durant without giving up Dame, Sharpe & Grant you have to give it serious consideration.

mook likes this.
  7. blazerkor

blazerkor Well-Known Member

That he still doesn't have his shit straightened out and Brooklyn doesn't have the kind of leadership that would help him. That team is in shambles and it's not just Ben. So yeah, I do think that between now and the end of the prime of a 26 year old with that much size, athleticism, talent and skill that a coach and/or teammates will help him get his shit together. Therefore I lean towards his best basketball being in front of him.

8. blazerkor

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I think the difference is negligible. The in game pictures lack perspective but...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Idog1976

Idog1976 Well-Known Member

I look to the stars.
    Yeah for that big a trade I think Due Diligence is very necessary.

10. oldmangrouch

I agree that the Nets are a mess - but shouldn't Simmons be one of the leaders fighting to straighten things out? He's being paid an awful lot to be a follower instead of a leader.

11. blazerkor

Oh shit, I think with the problems he's had this past year plus you don't want to bring him on your team to be a leader but more so to be lead to be the best he can be which is fucking fantastic. I'm not saying he's not a self starter in certain aspects of the game but leading others isn't one of those and he needs someone who can tell him in a way he can handle, to put the fucking ball through the hole. I happen to think Dame and Chauncey are the perfect guys to do that.

12. Strenuus

Strenuus Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

He sucks.

sheed30 likes this.
  13. blazerkor

He sure didn't for almost his entire career. The Hawks series and these 9 games are enough to nullify four great seasons?

14. oldmangrouch

Not at all. Even great players can have a bad play-off series. It is the way he dealt with it that puts people off.

This may seem odd, but I would compare his psychological reaction to a player who lost an eye or a limb in an accident. I'm convinced he will never again be mentally whole. Many people have questioned whether he is weak and immature - and that's certainly fair. I would add I don't think he has any passion for the game. If he really loved the game and was playing for something other than that monster paycheck I believe he would have reacted very differently.

sheed30 likes this.
  15. blazerkor

It's not odd but for a person with more than one degree in psychology it's preposterous. I mean, are you serious right now?!? The idea that he'll never get back to what he sustained for likely over a decade (without a diagnosis that insists on a schizophrenic or at least schizotypal break is really nuts) way further down the spectrum of insanity than having performance anxiety and not coming back from that immediately in a chaotic environment. It shouldn't take the education that I have but I guess everyone doesn't have the same perspective.

I'll say it one more time and let it be. Ben Simmons has not played his best basketball unless a career ending injury takes the game away from him.

16. BankTeller

BankTeller Well-Known Member

Undervalued? Sure, maybe by a little bit. But that doesn’t mean they’d trade him for just to make a trade, and one that doesn’t make sense for them at that. That means not trading KD for vets imo.

17. oldmangrouch

You are certainly passionate about the issue! :cheers:

18. blazerkor

I just don't think you can count someone out because of one plus years of crippling anxiety, after more than a decade of greatness at multiple levels. There have been many that have been crippled by anxiety and panic but when I see Ben out there playing, I don't see one of them. So I'm predicting that he reaches levels that he's never reached before and that anxiety and/or depression are a simple backdrop to his success. (Just so you know this is coming from hope and experience). Go Ben Simmons!!!

19. BonesJones

BonesJones https://www.youtube.com/c/blazersuprise

I typed out the reply and then realize that we were the team getting 2 FRPs. Almost thought you had us giving up 2 FRPs.

Still, this team is extremely cohesive and balanced and that matters. Simmons would detract from that.

oldmangrouch likes this.
  20. BankTeller

BankTeller Well-Known Member

I would see if Hart, GPII, and Nurk can get Ben, and forget about adding any picks on their end.

We haven’t seen GPII on the court yet, so if he make THAT big of an impact, my mind might change. But I want Simons WITH Ant. A lot of money is going to be tied up to just four players in Dame, Ant, Simmons, and Grant. But with exciting young guys like Nas, Keon, Shae, Walker, and Watford who are all cheap through Ben’s contract and can contribute, I don’t mind tying that much money up.

Dame/Simons/Keon
    Simons/Sharpe/Keon
    Ben/Winslow/Nas
    Grant/Nas/Walker/Watford/GBIII
    Watford/Ben/Eubanks/Sarr

You definitely have to find a few bigger bodies that can shoot 3’s (if Ben at C doesn’t work out) in the coming summer, but yeah if you can get Ben without giving up Ant, I’d do it 10/10 times. I’d rather keep Ant than get some 1sts.