Benayoun Eager to Stay at Anfield

Discussion in 'Liverpool FC' started by Colonel Ronan, Jun 27, 2008.

1. Colonel Ronan

Colonel Ronan Continue...?

Control Center analyst
    [​IMG]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Yossi Benayoun wants to stay and fight for his place at Liverpool, even if the club are willing to let him go.

The 28-year-old midfielder has been linked with a move away from Anfield, with Tottenham, Portsmouth and Ajax all reported as potential suitors.

"He is a good player so it is only normal that these clubs would be interested in signing him," his agent, Ronen Katsav, told BBC Sport.

"But Yossi is very happy at Liverpool, everything is perfect for him there."

He added: "He sees his future at Liverpool. Even if the club wanted to sell him, then Yossi would say he would like to stay."

Benayoun arrived at Anfield for a fee of £5m from West Ham last summer after an impressive couple of seasons with the Hammers.

Despite struggling to hold down a regular first team place in Rafael Benitez's side, the Israel captain still managed to score 11 goals in his debut season. He starred in Liverpool's record Champions League victory over Besiktas last November, scoring a hat-trick as the Reds ran out 8-0 winners.

So far this summer, Liverpool have allowed John Arne Riise to join Roma for £4m as Benitez looks to build a squad capable of challenging for the title next season.

The Liverpool boss has also turned down a £9m offer from Portsmouth for striker Peter Crouch, while he is set to follow-up the signing of Swiss full-back Philip Degen with the capture of Italian left-back Andrea Dossena from Udinese.</div>

[Source]

2. bbwMax

bbwMax Member

Not really a big player in conparison to some at Anfield I.e. Torres and Gerrard. I'm sure Liverpool won't mind him going.

3. CelticKing

CelticKing The Green Monster

He's good at coming on as a reserve. They should keep him if he only wants 5 mill again.

4. kobimel

kobimel Hapoel

Yossi is a great player, but I just don't see him holding down a 1st team spot at a club like Liverpool. He's better off starting at a team like Ajax, maybe a mid-table team in England/Spain.

5. Colonel Ronan

Control Center analyst
    He should of just stayed at West Ham.

6. kobimel

kobimel Hapoel

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Main Event @ Jul 2 2008, 06:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>He should of just stayed at West Ham.</div>

I'm not so sure...he earned a lot of exposure via the Champions League this season, especially with his hat trick in Liverpool's 8 goal celebration vs Besiktas. A lot of teams now know that he has what it takes to succeed at the highest levels. If he had stayed at West Ham, he never would have gotten the opportunity to prove himself like he did.

7. Colonel Ronan

Control Center analyst
    Hmm, true. But I hate when big clubs buy a player, change his whole life, and then just sell him next season.

8. CelticKing

CelticKing The Green Monster

I hate that too, just as soon as a player gets comfortable, then they move him. It destroys his confidence.

Benayoun should stay at Liverpool.

9. kobimel

kobimel Hapoel

That's what often happens with rotation players, though. Teams take a guy who they know they can trust to come off the bench and do well, and start here and there as well, and when the next season comes by, they might decide that they want a different player for that role. Also, like now for example with the whole Barry story, a big team might buy a big name player for the starting 11, which relegates a former starter to the bench, and then he takes up the spot of the role player.

10. Colonel Ronan

Control Center analyst
    I just don't think that's good to do. It's usually teams like Man. United and Chelsea who do this (sorry), not Liverpool... And now Spurs are even starting to do it. It's just not fair for the player, but I guess he made the decision.

11. kobimel

kobimel Hapoel

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Main Event @ Jul 2 2008, 06:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I just don't think that's good to do. It's usually teams like Man. United and Chelsea who do this (sorry), not Liverpool... And now Spurs are even starting to do it. It's just not fair for the player, but I guess he made the decision.</div>

Obviously, the players are the ones who lose here. But I think the teams who change role players every season don't look at the big picture either. The key to a championship team is good chemistry and consistency, and a team just can't develop those things if 5 players are switched every season.

12. man_u_barmy_army

man_u_barmy_army DYC Legend +Young Prodigy

bennayoun is creative and should get a first team pick each time he should move

13. Colonel Ronan

Control Center analyst
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kobimel @ Jul 2 2008, 04:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Main Event @ Jul 2 2008, 06:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I just don't think that's good to do. It's usually teams like Man. United and Chelsea who do this (sorry), not Liverpool... And now Spurs are even starting to do it. It's just not fair for the player, but I guess he made the decision.</div>

Obviously, the players are the ones who lose here. But I think the teams who change role players every season don't look at the big picture either. The key to a championship team is good chemistry and consistency, and a team just can't develop those things if 5 players are switched every season.
    </div>

You're 100% right. You pretty much just cracked Arsenal's problem. We have no depth. Once one player gets injured, we struggle. Hopefully that will change with new players entering the hallowed Emirate's halls.

14. man_u_barmy_army

which new players i havn't heard any rumors from the arsenal camp

15. Colonel Ronan

Control Center analyst
    Not currently, but there will be. Don't you worry about that one, Barmy. [​IMG]

The only confirmed one is Ramsey, but I know Nasri is already a Gooner.

16. man_u_barmy_army

o yea you nicked ramsey from under our noses lol

17. Colonel Ronan

Control Center analyst
    Hehe, sorry! [​IMG]