Benitez demands response

Discussion in 'Liverpool FC' started by CelticKing, Oct 5, 2007.

1. CelticKing

CelticKing The Green Monster

<h1><font size="3">Benitez demands response after Marseille woe</font></h1>
    <h1></h1>
    <h1></h1>

<font size="3">Rafael Benitez is demanding a reaction from his players after the shock Champions League defeat to Marseille.</font></p>
    <h1></h1>

<font size="3"> Liverpool lost 1-0 at Anfield and have taken just one point from their first two games in group A.</font></p>

The Reds face Spurs at home in the Premier League on Sunday and Benitez admitted: 'I want to see character from the players now, it is the only way to react after what happened against Marseille.'</p>

Benitez left out several big name stars against Marseille and it is expected that Javier Mascherano, Dirk Kuyt, Alvaro Arbeloa - who was rested for the first time this season - John Arne Riise and Ryan Babel will all return.</p>

Liverpool can still boast an unbeaten league record as they move into October with their best defensive domestic record in 30 years. But Benitez will want a vastly improved team performance before another international break.</p>

It is amazing how one defeat, their first this term, can change the mood at Liverpool so significantly when they were congratulating themselves on a solid start to their league campaign.</p>

At this stage last season Liverpool had just 10 points from seven games, and three worrying defeats. This time around there has been a 50% improvement with 15 points from seven matches and only two penalties conceded in the league by goalkeeper Jose Reina.</p>

'We can still improve on this,' Benitez added. 'We have only conceded penalties so far this season in the league but our opponents have created chances. 'Now I want the side to stop teams even creating chances against us, that will boost our confidence.</p>

'I think we are defending well, but we must improve and I am sure we can. 'You can analyse some games and ask 'Why did we make this mistake or that mistake?' And we must address that.</p>

'Consistency in defence and not conceding goals is so important. I think that we can improve a little bit by stopping teams from creating chances.'</p>

2. Hudge

Hudge Active Member

<font face="Arial">It was a very poor performance.</font></p>

3. man_u_barmy_army

man_u_barmy_army DYC Legend +Young Prodigy

<font face="Arial" size="2">It could take a while to sort out this continuas problem of the rotaiton</font></p>