Bert & Ernie @ Blazers game...+ players don't like 'Hero' ball

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by TBpup, Apr 26, 2021.

1. TBpup

TBpup Writing Team

Investment Management / Financial Planner
    It was interesting to see Bert & Ernie (Bert Kolde and Chris McGowan) courtside of the 2nd game against the Grizzlies....and Neil Olshey was no where to be found. That is a rarity as when McGowan is in the house, usually, Neil is right there at his side.

Is it possible :smiley-drzifige: that things have become so bad that Kolde and McGowan came to see the circus in person and that Olshey might have the slightest chance of being dismissed as well? It was just odd to see the two of them and no Neil.

Last night after the game, Chad Doing was lamenting another Blazers loss and someone said they heard him mention rumors from agents of several of the players (Jones, RoCo and Powell were mentioned according to the person who told me about this) are not happy with how their players are being used by Stotts. That it is too much 'Hero ball' by Melo, CJ and Dame. They are fine with Dame who has delivered in the clutch multiple times, but with the other two added in, they just end up standing around and are not happy about it.

Did anyone else hear this? I can't find a podcast so would like more details.

It is exactly what many posters have been exasperated with for the season (or many seasons in some cases) and if it is finally coming out from the players, is this what Bert & Ernie were down looking for to see with their own eyes?

This is why just dismissing Stotts won't be enough. There needs to be a MAJOR house cleaning. Stotts, Olshey, Melo....and get what you can for CJ in a trade. This thing is sour to the core and simply changing the coach won't keep the whole thing from eventually rotting.

2. AldoTrapani

AldoTrapani Well-Known Member

Love it. Told ya months ago and all a lot of ppl did was hate on it.

3. brooklynballer

brooklynballer Well-Known Member

None of this comes as a surprise. Most of the team looks just completely disengaged. I get the feeling that the three-headed offensive black hole of Melo, CJ, and Dame is starting to wear thin with the rest of the team. It was probably okay when they were winning but now that they’re losing to bottom feeders players are starting to voice their displeasure... so far only to their agents but it’s just a matter of time before this turns into a full on cancer in the locker room.

IMO, Terry is to blame as he doesn’t hold the team ‘leaders’ accountable on the defensive end and then allows them to suck the life out of the team via hero ball on the offensive side. Not exactly a recipe for a harmonious team that’s on the same page.

Ugggh this could get a lot uglier before it gets better. Would not be shocked if the team completely implodes and misses the playoffs altogether.

4. BonesJones

BonesJones https://www.youtube.com/c/blazersuprise

I feel like CJ would be willing to change if put into a motion-based offense. I'd like to give him a chance under a coach who doesnt require his guards to play hero-ball constantly.

But yes, Stotts needs to go, and its obvious. It's almost like our forwards ended up being too offensively talented, and werent willing to be shoehorned into the Aminu and Harkless role. What's funny is Aminu and Harkless were blamed as a way to defend Stotts, and now that we've upgraded our forwards it's made some people realize it's Stotts all along.

5. TBpup

TBpup Writing Team

Agree about Stotts....but CJ has had PLENTY of opportunity to be something other than he is and play in a more teammate friendly manner. If that many agents are expressing their player's dissatisfaction, I can't imagine any of them wanting to return and don't think that won't get around the league. Players talk and agents certainly do as well.

CJ is an immense talent....but the way he plays, it is easy to understand why teammates wouldn't enjoy playing with him.

royo likes this.
  6. AldoTrapani

Wow they even know our offense sucks and Stotts is a terrible coach

7. TBpup

TBpup Writing Team

Beverly giving Dame serious respect for how much better he could even be in a better system.

What a joke this has been....sadly for far too many years.

8. Tince

Tince Well-Known Member

Curious on the Beverly quotes talking about our system. Do you have a link?

The only quotes I found said almost the exact opposite of what you're saying.

Beverley's reasoning was rather straightforward. He said Portland has built a system that allows Lillard to play to his potential, giving him room to create separation and leave opponents embarrassed.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...lard-as-toughest-defensive-assignment-hes-had

9. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!

Pissed away his career because terry is a nice guy. What a fucking joke.

AmirIcon likes this.
  10. Natebishop3

Aldo posted it.

TBpup and Tince like this.
  11. Tince

Tince Well-Known Member

That would be the reason I haven't seen it I guess! Only guy I have on ignore. Can you post it? What I found said the exact opposite.

12. Natebishop3

"You put Dame in Golden State, you put Dame in a Houston Rockets type of offense.... no disrespect to their coach and their system, but I think people are only getting a little bit of a taste"

Tince likes this.
  13. Tince

Tince Well-Known Member

Very interesting, thanks... Totally contradicting what he was saying last year.

Natebishop3 likes this.
  14. AldoTrapani

To be fair Lillard ok’s him every single year

15. jlprk

jlprk The ESPN mod is insane.

retired, while you work!
    Before he died, Allen sat at a game with a frown. Olshey was next to him, frowning because his boss had flown in to evaluate critically. Stotts had had a bad stretch. I have posted a few times that I think Allen died before he could change the coach.

Jody Allen's bored non-interest removes a layer of accountability.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2021
  16. TBpup

TBpup Writing Team

Tince likes this.
  17. James lamphear

James lamphear Well-Known Member

I disagree on CJ about him changes with new coach I just think this how he is due when he lead guard there no movement everyone just stand around just my opinion on him.

UKRAINEFAN and TBpup like this.
  18. Labinot41

Labinot41 Well-Known Member

Let's not forget it was Lillard who fought for Stotts after the Pelicans series. He is part to blame for this misery

19. Mr. Robot

Mr. Robot Well-Known Member

this probably isnt a rumour, cause even nurk said were playing selfish basketball

honestly, this team has potential to play much more enjoyable basketball and it all comes down to the head coach

TBpup and brooklynballer like this.
  20. blazerkor

blazerkor Well-Known Member

Since when have you been telling us? "Months ago"?!? Nearly half of the people in here have been wanting Stotts gone since the NOLA sweep, CJ gone before that and Neil gone after he didn't make those moves. This shit isn't yours.

You should be happy that the team is unintentionally tanking because that's what you wanted so congrats on that.

Oh, and what is Dame today? Is he an all time great that you feel sorry for because he has to be on our team or an inconsistent, overrated player who is on a steep decline? Seriously, just some friendly advice... don't brag about shit in here that others have been saying forever and now more are coming around to and don't change your opinions on everything (except constant negativity) every chance you get.