Best Dunks You've Ever Seen

Discussion in 'NBA General' started by illslope, Oct 17, 2003.

1. Ed!

Ed! JBB JustBBall Member

I just remembered, amare's dunk on Kandi man
    [​IMG]

2. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

I have about 25 DMase dunks on video - one dunk from last year which never got any real attention was an absolutely incredible tip jam from a Radman missed 3. Ran from the 3-point line, literally jumped over 3 kings and when he slammed it home his head was above the rim. Let me know if anyone wants a copy of that jam, it's absolutely insane.

3. Green_Kadi

Green_Kadi JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post"><font face="Comic Sans MS"><font color="#4b0082">I have seen dunks almost in every basketball game i watched ... I've seen all the dunk contest ... I've seen the top 100 dunks in history of the game ... I've also seen high skool / college top dunks so far ..

but the only play in sports that got me out of the room and made me speechless for about a half an hour .. is Vince's dunk over that french dude ( frank weis ) ...

man .. espicially when u see it live... it's like if u have seen a human being flies .. or a baby swears .. it was more unbelievable !</font></font></div> I agree with you on that one.. I remember telling my older brother about VC whom he never heard of before and his sick dunks but he kept saying that it couldn't be compared to Jordan's. Well he was laying down watching that game and it was a dull game but after the VC dunk he jumped so fast and he hurt his back so bad and he's still having problems with his back [​IMG]

4. Nasty

Nasty JBB Sorry, I killed Fever

^^
    lol

5. lakergk

lakergk JBB JustBBall Member

[​IMG] KOBES DUNK OVER YAO MING WITH A INJURED KNEE
    KOBES DUNK AGAINST DENVER THE BEHIND THE BACK REVERSE 180 OFF THA HOOK
    KOBES DUNK IN MADISON SQUARE GARDEN AFTER HE SHOOK LATRELL SPREWELL NUFF' SAID!!!!

6. sunsfan1357

sunsfan1357 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Sir Desmond:</div><div class="quote_post">I have about 25 DMase dunks on video - one dunk from last year which never got any real attention was an absolutely incredible tip jam from a Radman missed 3. Ran from the 3-point line, literally jumped over 3 kings and when he slammed it home his head was above the rim. Let me know if anyone wants a copy of that jam, it's absolutely insane.</div>

I remember that dunk. I don't think I have a video of it, but it's clear in my memory. One other dunk that I saw of Mason's was a between the legs, two handed dunk. I think he tried it in his first DC but didn't complete it.

7. jbbKing James

jbbKing James JBB Banned Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting lakergk:</div><div class="quote_post">[​IMG] KOBES DUNK OVER YAO MING WITH A INJURED KNEE
    </div>

He was not injured, I don't care what anyone says. He was only limping after he made a jump shot for the cameras.

Cheap.

8. illslope

illslope JBB JustBBall Member

Y'all listed nice Dunks, where are the old skool ballas? Dominique need to get his due, though.....

9. sunsfan1357

There are just too many great dunks by Domique to list them individually...that's why on my list I put "on seemingly the whole league" because he virtually did dunk on the whole league. Honestly, I think 'Nique was a better dunker than MJ.

10. G-UNIT

G-UNIT JBB JustBBall Member

Ricky Davis over Nash
    VC on Mutumbo

11. G-UNIT

G-UNIT JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting ObieCent:</div><div class="quote_post">I just remembered, amare's dunk on Kandi man
    [​IMG]</div>

YESSSSS......forgot about that one....

12. notmuchgame

notmuchgame JBB JustBBall Member

I know this is a NBA thread, but how bout that dunk Chris Porter had a few years ago when he was at Alburn (sp?).

Does anybody remember it or is it just me...

13. sunsfan1357

I remember that dunk....I may have a video of that somewhere also....

14. jbbKing James

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting sunsfan1357:</div><div class="quote_post">Honestly, I think 'Nique was a better dunker than MJ.</div>

I would even put him ahead of Vince. Yes Vince had a great season of jams, but he has to get healthy for years to get on Dom's level.

I personally never seen a better dunker.

15. go_duke21

go_duke21 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting King James:</div><div class="quote_post">I would even put him ahead of Vince. Yes Vince had a great season of jams, but he has to get healthy for years to get on Dom's level.

I personally never seen a better dunker.</div>
    I agree with that VC has to do it for years to be the best. VC has provided some amazing highlights buts its only been for a few years, I think if VC can stay relatively healthy he could be labeled as the best dunker ever, it helps that he already has the best dunk ever in a game.

16. sunsfan1357

I was thinking and I figured out that the dunkers I really like are the ones that just slash to basket and show no mercy on the opponent. Guys like 'Nique, Kemp, Darryl Dawkins, Robert Pack, etc. I like the dunkers who do all the 360s and stuff in the open court, but nothing gets me more hyped than when someone just charges down a crowded lane and jams one on someone's head...

17. jbbKing James

yeah, I would rank Kemp ahead of Vince too. Ha, when I was young like many of these posters, it was Kemp that we seen every everywhere, and now it is Vince.

If I were you youngin's, I would go rent some old highlight tapes and watch Shawn Kemp in his prime, very sick.

18. sunsfan1357

If you want a great highlight tape get Reign Man...it's an hour or so worth of footage of Shawn Kemp in his "prime" of dunking....it's just an amazing tape...