Best Move By A Team this Year?

Discussion in 'NBA General' started by Roaming, Mar 29, 2007.

1. Pacers fan forever

Pacers fan forever BBW Elite Member

The Pacers - Warriors trade was great! We got rid of a trashy punk and a forward who didn't fit into out offense. In return we got some consistant shooters who actually play hard.

2. Serge

Serge BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GArenas @ Mar 30 2007, 01:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>The whole difference is not that big, they were 10 games above .500 now they're like 20. Also this draft is insanely deep not to mention many times it seems to be those late first rounders who show up big in the NBA the next year not the late lottery picks. Sixers are building young they have no need for Iverson, 8 mil expiring could bring in a great FA. Three first round draft picks could add a bunch of young studs to this roster and Andre is Andre and without Andre the Nuggets are having problems getting easy buckets.</div>Sure late first can turn out good, but the chances of that are not high. First of all you can't say any team has no need for a top 7 players still who is gonna be a future hall of famer and still got it. And 2nd my main point is they could have gotten more. And will only 8 mill they won't get any one great good maybe. And they got 2 picks not 3 you act like they got 3 they had one first so they only got 2.And they are the best fast break point team Nuggets now still. AI does not make them worse getting fast break points, or easy buckets. Check out the assists for example he had his last game. Atleast 4 or 5 of them were he created, and made a nice pass to Nene or someone right below the hoop he makes it easier for other guys even though Miller is a true PG.

3. Celtic Fan

Celtic Fan Well-Known Member

my fav 3 moves of the year are;1. Trailblazers picking aldridge & aquiring Roy the future cornerstones of the franchise2. Houston having the guts to trade potential for solid performance in Rudy for Battier trade.3. Just about everything Collangelo has done with the Raptors. Bringing in parker and garbajosa being experienced players. Drafting Bargnani who has the most potential in the draft IMO and has show glimpses of it throughout the year. Having the guts to trade Villanueva for injury prone TJ Ford. Basically revamping the team and going from the #1 pick last year to #1 in their division and being a top 4 seed in the playoffs.I think those 3 moves/actions have had the most positive impact on a team this year.

4. valo35

valo35 BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Serge @ Mar 30 2007, 12:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>He is a true good PG yes. But this trade was AWFUL. The 2 firsts are awful Dallas is like last pick. And Dnever also not to good won't be more then bench guy solid one.And nah I still think deal was one of the biggest RAPES in many years and one of the worse top 10 worse or w/e.Andre is good but come one. And the 2 picks will probably be bench guys.</div>You have got to stop looking at things as one player, and look at the team side of things. Sure the 76ers gave up the best pure player in the deal, but they traded for what was best for their team, and made them the most competitive. The 76ers had a group of YOUNG players that is best suited to get out, run and use their athleticism. Iguodala, Carney, Willie Green, are all very athletic. Samuel Dalembert is athletic for a big man, Korver is a great man for the trailer on the break to hit the jump shot. With Iverson they didn't get out in transition like this, and get the easy buckets on the break, as much as they do with Miller. Miller is a pure point guard that can push the break, and play to this teams strengths. You add in that they will get three draft picks this summer, in a deep draft where they will be able to find a steal later in the draft, as well as their own draft pick early in the draft, This was a very good deal for the 76ers.

5. GArenas

GArenas Wiz Fo Champz

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pacers fan forever @ Mar 30 2007, 02:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>The Pacers - Warriors trade was great! We got rid of a trashy punk and a forward who didn't fit into out offense. In return we got some consistant shooters who actually play hard.</div>You're joking right, no matter how much the Pacers are having problems with Stephen Jackson and Al Harrington they're worth a hell of alot more than Mike Dunleavy who is maybe the last athletic in the NBA and Troy Murphay. BTW, Ike Diogu is probabely the dumbest NBA player ever. I don't care if you had to get rid of Stephen Jackson and Al Harrington because they raped Jamaal Tinsley the Pacers could've gotten a way better deal than that. That's why you lost like 10 straight.BTW, Serge you obviousley have no idea why the Nuggets have lost alot of games since AI came. Please learn to use propper grammar, its the most annoying thing ever to read your posts.

6. BigMo763

BigMo763 Active Member

I'm just going to do in-season moves, and not even think about draft-day moves or anything of that nature. Here would be my list:1. Sixers dealing Iverson, buying out Webber (I had to put this #1, of course [​IMG])2. Pistons picking up Webber.3. Nuggets acquiring Iverson (not only the impact currently, but down the line as well)4. Warriors-Pacers trade5. Steve Blake to Nuggets (eh, couldn't think of a #5, so just threw this in there)

7. GArenas

GArenas Wiz Fo Champz

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BigMo763 @ Mar 30 2007, 11:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I'm just going to do in-season moves, and not even think about draft-day moves or anything of that nature. Here would be my list:1. Sixers dealing Iverson, buying out Webber (I had to put this #1, of course [​IMG])2. Pistons picking up Webber.3. Nuggets acquiring Iverson (not only the impact currently, but down the line as well)4. Warriors-Pacers trade5. Steve Blake to Nuggets (eh, couldn't think of a #5, so just threw this in there)</div>I'd say that Miami picking up Eddie Jones was way more valuable than steve blake to the nuggets. Eddie Jones fits in their system perfectly and helped them tremendousely on their run to 10 straight wins I believe.

8. BigMo763

BigMo763 Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GArenas @ Mar 30 2007, 10:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I'd say that Miami picking up Eddie Jones was way more valuable than steve blake to the nuggets. Eddie Jones fits in their system perfectly and helped them tremendousely on their run to 10 straight wins I believe.</div>Oh, that was the move I forgot... yeah, that would be #5 on my list. I just put Blake up there because I couldn't remember any other significant moves being made this season off the top of my head.

9. Something-To-Say

Something-To-Say BBW Banned

Not to mention Dunleavy and Murphy have worse contracts than Jackson and Harrington.

10. Roaming

Roaming Back In Black! erm...in Colour!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Serge @ Mar 30 2007, 12:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Umm not anytime soon.Denver picking up AI was hands down clear best move this season.Worse even though I get Sixers are rebuilding was the Sixers trading AI. Again I get they are rebuilding if they did not bench him they could have gotten way more cause people be like ow again the AI talk they probably won't trade him again and would not short end the Sixers in deals.</div>Ya because it made them so much better:Denver without Iverson playing: 18-10Denver with Iverson playing: 17-22What best move in the NBA?

11. GArenas

GArenas Wiz Fo Champz

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RaptorFan#1 @ Mar 30 2007, 04:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Ya because it made them so much better:Denver without Iverson playing: 18-10Denver with Iverson playing: 17-22What best move in the NBA?</div>Sixers with Iverson 6-18Sixers without Iverson 22-25, hmmm so Sixers got nothing for Iverson huh. [​IMG]

12. MaRdYC26

MaRdYC26 BBW Graphics Team

The best move: Knicks not making any.

13. Serge

Serge BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (valo35 @ Mar 30 2007, 10:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>You have got to stop looking at things as one player, and look at the team side of things. Sure the 76ers gave up the best pure player in the deal, but they traded for what was best for their team, and made them the most competitive. The 76ers had a group of YOUNG players that is best suited to get out, run and use their athleticism. Iguodala, Carney, Willie Green, are all very athletic. Samuel Dalembert is athletic for a big man, Korver is a great man for the trailer on the break to hit the jump shot. With Iverson they didn't get out in transition like this, and get the easy buckets on the break, as much as they do with Miller. Miller is a pure point guard that can push the break, and play to this teams strengths. You add in that they will get three draft picks this summer, in a deep draft where they will be able to find a steal later in the draft, as well as their own draft pick early in the draft, This was a very good deal for the 76ers.</div>They could have gotten way more in a deal for AI. And playing better is just a high will see next season.They got 2 draft picks on the deal now 3 the other they had already.And hahaha wow AI tryed for them to have a running offense like the Suns I think he said they did not take his idea that is why this whole thing went down he was the one wanting to run fast offense.

14. Serge

Serge BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GArenas @ Mar 30 2007, 11:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>You're joking right, no matter how much the Pacers are having problems with Stephen Jackson and Al Harrington they're worth a hell of alot more than Mike Dunleavy who is maybe the last athletic in the NBA and Troy Murphay. BTW, Ike Diogu is probabely the dumbest NBA player ever. I don't care if you had to get rid of Stephen Jackson and Al Harrington because they raped Jamaal Tinsley the Pacers could've gotten a way better deal than that. That's why you lost like 10 straight.BTW, Serge you obviousley have no idea why the Nuggets have lost alot of games since AI came. Please learn to use propper grammar, its the most annoying thing ever to read your posts.</div>Umm they did not lose cause AI if that is what your saying they need time to learn to play together AI+Melo have learned even though not perfect yet they are as close to perfect in the little time together as anyone can be.It is lack of D, and not enough bench help and players being inconsistent out side AI/Melo.

15. Serge

Serge BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BigMo763 @ Mar 30 2007, 11:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I'm just going to do in-season moves, and not even think about draft-day moves or anything of that nature. Here would be my list:1. Sixers dealing Iverson, buying out Webber (I had to put this #1, of course [​IMG])2. Pistons picking up Webber.3. Nuggets acquiring Iverson (not only the impact currently, but down the line as well)4. Warriors-Pacers trade5. Steve Blake to Nuggets (eh, couldn't think of a #5, so just threw this in there)</div>Sixers trading AI was better then Nuggets picking him up? lol

16. CB4allstar

CB4allstar BBW Global Mod Team

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RaptorFan#1 @ Mar 30 2007, 05:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Ya because it made them so much better:Denver without Iverson playing: 18-10Denver with Iverson playing: 17-22What best move in the NBA?</div>Yeah, but the Nuggets will hopefully get some chemistry with AI and Carmelo in the off-season, and they could become a very dangerous team if they start to gel, play more defense, and slow down the tempo a bit.

17. Serge

Serge BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RaptorFan#1 @ Mar 30 2007, 04:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Ya because it made them so much better:Denver without Iverson playing: 18-10Denver with Iverson playing: 17-22What best move in the NBA?</div>Cause Denver had injurys and if you actually really knew NBA you would know it also take time to learn to play with each other. Now AI+Melo have done that even though they get even better down the line, but the rest of the team needs to also learn to fit. And Denver is not worse cause of AI. They just play D, AI is actually only one really who trys on D on that team.

18. Serge

Serge BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GArenas @ Mar 30 2007, 11:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Sixers with Iverson 6-18Sixers without Iverson 22-25, hmmm so Sixers got nothing for Iverson huh. [​IMG]</div>Yes they got a high will see next season.And they strugled with AI they be better if they kept him they would have broke out of the slump.You are misstaken if you think they are better of with out AI and people will see next season unless they get a Oden/Durant/Wright

19. Serge

Serge BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CB4AllStar @ Apr 2 2007, 08:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Yeah, but the Nuggets will hopefully get some chemistry with AI and Carmelo in the off-season, and they could become a very dangerous team if they start to gel, play more defense, and slow down the tempo a bit.</div>I actually think they need to push it more like the Suns, and have AI do that take Blake out of the starting line-up and have JR start people will also not take as much advantage of taller JR with his active hands like a small Blake.But Yeah deff need to play better D like you said.And AI+Melo look like they have been playing a few seasons with each other already, but true they will also get more chemistry.

20. redneck

redneck BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Yes they got a high will see next season.And they strugled with AI they be better if they kept him they would have broke out of the slump.You are misstaken if you think they are better of with out AI and people will see next season unless they get a Oden/Durant/Wright</div>I think they will be better of without AI, they were going nowhere with AI. the trade helped not only the Sixers but AI as well. it gave both of them a chance to start a new; plus the Sixers get a solid PG to build with in Andre Miller. they already had Iggy who is a solid all around player and potential all-star. Korver is a fantastic role player. If they can land a good draft pick, and stop Billy King from signing guys to huge contracts which won't be with the team in a two years, than they will be just fine.