Best Move By A Team this Year?

Discussion in 'NBA General' started by Roaming, Mar 29, 2007.

1. Serge

Serge BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (redneck @ Apr 2 2007, 08:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I think they will be better of without AI, they were going nowhere with AI. the trade helped not only the Sixers but AI as well. it gave both of them a chance to start a new; plus the Sixers get a solid PG to build with in Andre Miller. they already had Iggy who is a solid all around player and potential all-star. Korver is a fantastic role player. If they can land a good draft pick, and stop Billy King from signing guys to huge contracts which won't be with the team in a two years, than they will be just fine.</div>The Sixers won't be a good playoffs team for 5 years I mean more then just get in as a bad seat.And they won't be a contender closer to 10 years a real title contender.They are no way better with out AI. And my main point is they could have for sure got something better for him they should never have benched him.AI it deff helped why would it be better to stay in a rat hole with a gm who does not do everything to win like Mark Cuben does. This way AI can win a title sure it's good for him.And Andre build with? He is as old as AI he will be done when Sixers are ready to win. It is not like he is young.Yes Iggy is nice I know.Korver is a big reason we lost games his D is awful.If they land Oden/Durant/Wright they can be more then a first round exit team in 5 years.2 not even close even if they get one of those 3. Sure they might make playoffs in the next 2 years if they got one of those 3, but just cause the east is weak not cause there good.

2. redneck

redneck BBW Elite Member

The Sixers wouldn't be a title contender with AI, so there's no change there. the East is also really weak, they were in the hunt for a playoff spot a few weeks ago even with their abysmal start. so to say if they played the way they did following the trade all season long, they'd make the playoffs isn't to farfetched.

3. Serge

Serge BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (redneck @ Apr 2 2007, 08:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>The Sixers wouldn't be a title contender with AI, so there's no change there. the East is also really weak, they were in the hunt for a playoff spot a few weeks ago even with their abysmal start. so to say if they played the way they did following the trade all season long, they'd make the playoffs isn't to farfetched.</div>No they would not, but they would if they added a key guy.And also could have been great if for year if they tanked for Oden with AI. LOLSure they can make a playoffs in 2 year just cause east is weak won't mean they are good.

4. redneck

redneck BBW Elite Member

AI only has a couple years left in him, so by the time Oden became dominate AI would be going down hill.

5. Serge

Serge BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (redneck @ Apr 2 2007, 08:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>AI only has a couple years left in him, so by the time Oden became dominate AI would be going down hill.</div>He has 2-3 great seasons at being top 10. And after that he can still put up like 20 a game for a few more years I think.And if Oden is playing great in a few years once he is ready AI will only need 20 a game scoring wise and more his assists that he still be able to do for sure.

6. redneck

redneck BBW Elite Member

No way, he has been slowing down for a couple of years now. His body won't last much longer with the way he throws it around. he's barly 6 feet tall in high heels, and the NBA is full of giants and yet he smashes with them nightly. its starting to take a toll on his body.

7. ballerman2112

ballerman2112 BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Serge @ Mar 29 2007, 11:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Why does everyone over value Webber. WOW</div>Nobody is overvaluing him...He has played really well since he has been in Detroit. He looks like a completley different player. All he needed was to be put as that 4th or 5th option as a scorer, and he has flourished. His passing has reemerged, his shooting percentage is up, and he has helped out Detroit a ton. That deal, and the one with Eddie Jones were both good IMO. Eddie has done a great job trying to fill in for Wade.

8. mAAAbs

mAAAbs BBW Member

Best move by a team this year... hmm......Oh yeah. Definately the Knicks keeping Isiah Thomas for an extra 4 years. if we took a chance and signed somebody else, there was a cnace we could have sucked for more than 4 years. But now Isiah will be here so we know we will suck for 4 years at the most. Not to mention the team has won 2 games since re signing him. I really like what this guy brings to the table, a complainers mentallity and a guy always looking to make excuses, rather than admit that his team didnt play well. 4 more years of sucking up the Eastern Conference, can't wait.

9. 24/7ballin

24/7ballin BBW Member

sixers getting rid of ai. finally they're tryin to rebuild off of something that was horrible. now the nuggets have to deal with him. that's 1 of the worst deals of the year. sux for them

10. Serge

Serge BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (redneck @ Apr 2 2007, 08:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>No way, he has been slowing down for a couple of years now. His body won't last much longer with the way he throws it around. he's barly 6 feet tall in high heels, and the NBA is full of giants and yet he smashes with them nightly. its starting to take a toll on his body.</div>AI been going down hill for years? Are you f******* kidding me man? Ask BigMo ask anyone who watches ball last 2 years was his best of his nba years way better then the year he won MVP.Last year was his best ever. And the year before that was his best yet until he toped it last year.And this year he has been doing just as good as the last year that were his best 2 seasons until he went to Denver were his point had to go down. It does not mean he can't still put those points up means he want to be a good team player and share and see he got a great player with him for the first time in his life. His point went down only cause he went to Denver he would still be having just like the last 2 years were he played the best of his NBA carrer. In Denver his point went down, but not cause he can't do it anymore. His shooting % went way up. His assists went up, and I am not sure about his steals. I think his rebounds even went up. Only the scoring went down only cause he wants to be a good team players and share.What are smoking saying AI has been slowing down for a couple years. LMAO shows you know NOTHING about AI actually. If you really think that.This is the stupidest post I have seen on this board in a long time. WOW :HAHAHA:

11. Serge

Serge BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (24/7ballin @ Apr 3 2007, 12:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>sixers getting rid of ai. finally they're tryin to rebuild off of something that was horrible. now the nuggets have to deal with him. that's 1 of the worst deals of the year. sux for them</div>LMAO what a AI hater clearly your wrong and hate AI cause Denver is lucky as crap, and that is how they feel. And Philly well are idiots even though they are my fav team. Maybe it was time to rebuild, but what they got for him was crap really for the kinda player he is atleast first ballot future hall of famer, and the best little guy to ever play the game.

12. SunnyD

SunnyD Sexiest Poster Alive (Yessir)

Three that come to mind:Trail Blazers on Draft Day: Trading Sebastian Telfair for Brandon Roy, and drafting LaMarcus AldridgePistons: Chris Webber for a bargain (Also, not signing Big Ben Wallace for 12 million dollars over four years)Rockets: Rudy Gay and Stro Swift for Shane Battier

13. redneck

redneck BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Serge @ Apr 3 2007, 04:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>AI been going down hill for years? Are you f******* kidding me man? Ask BigMo ask anyone who watches ball last 2 years was his best of his nba years way better then the year he won MVP.Last year was his best ever. And the year before that was his best yet until he toped it last year.And this year he has been doing just as good as the last year that were his best 2 seasons until he went to Denver were his point had to go down. It does not mean he can't still put those points up means he want to be a good team player and share and see he got a great player with him for the first time in his life. His point went down only cause he went to Denver he would still be having just like the last 2 years were he played the best of his NBA carrer. In Denver his point went down, but not cause he can't do it anymore. His shooting % went way up. His assists went up, and I am not sure about his steals. I think his rebounds even went up. Only the scoring went down only cause he wants to be a good team players and share.What are smoking saying AI has been slowing down for a couple years. LMAO shows you know NOTHING about AI actually. If you really think that.This is the stupidest post I have seen on this board in a long time. WOW :HAHAHA:</div>Just because he has been scoring a lot of points doesn't mean he is having his best year. his best year was his MVP year, his scoring may not have been at it's peak but his passing was, he defense was, and his team was at it's peak. his team hasn't even been close to being good since that season, they've made the playoffs a few times but they have been mediocre at best. Iversons defense and his health have taken a hit too.

14. GArenas

GArenas Wiz Fo Champz

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Serge @ Apr 3 2007, 04:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>LMAO what a AI hater clearly your wrong and hate AI cause Denver is lucky as crap, and that is how they feel. And Philly well are idiots even though they are my fav team. Maybe it was time to rebuild, but what they got for him was crap really for the kinda player he is atleast first ballot future hall of famer, and the best little guy to ever play the game.</div>Ugh, you're way over-rating AI. Everyone has agreed in this thread that it wasn't the greatest deal ever and I've explained it to you more than once. AI has proved in Denver that he can't make his teammates better and is only a very versatile scorer. AI needs to be the franchise player for a team to be succesful becuase we know all he can do is score loads and cut off passing lanes.He's still a great player but you're making him out to be the best in the NBA.

15. CB4allstar

CB4allstar BBW Global Mod Team

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Serge @ Apr 2 2007, 09:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Yes they got a high will see next season.And they strugled with AI they be better if they kept him they would have broke out of the slump.You are misstaken if you think they are better of with out AI and people will see next season unless they get a Oden/Durant/Wright</div>No, their offense isn't like the Suns. AI and Carmelo are better in a halfcourt offense in my opinion, and they don't have a ton of shooters on their team like the Suns do.

16. .wbGFX

.wbGFX BBW Member

I think thats what the Nuggets are really lacking, shooting. They are more accustomed to a half court offense, most of them come from systems like that. I think Denver really got a great deal. They got someone who is still a superstar, and can make alot of plays, for a guy that will be marginal, a bench, and a 1st round pick, which has some value.

17. GArenas

GArenas Wiz Fo Champz

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CB4AllStar @ Apr 3 2007, 06:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>No, their offense isn't like the Suns. AI and Carmelo are better in a halfcourt offense in my opinion, and they don't have a ton of shooters on their team like the Suns do.</div>Not to mention they don't have Nash to spread the ball around with amazing court vision on offense. Plain and simple the Nuggets are wanna-be Suns, they want to run the same pace but their players don't fit the pace like the Suns roster does.

18. Nitro1118

Nitro1118 BBW Elite Member

Hmmm...I'm gonna say Webber to Detroit. Detroit wasn't playing well, and without Ben it seemed they had lost the motivation and confidence to win the East. But with Webber they have gained a new confidence in their game, and are looking like the best team in the East.2nd best move was Philly shipping AI. Trading that old of a player with that kind of contract from a situation in which he would never win a title for a long time is always a great move. Now Philly has a lot of money to rebuild, Iguodala is getting the exposure needed to develop as a #1 option in this league, and they are just in rebuilding mode. It's too bad they haven't played worse since the trade, because if they could have gotten oden, this would be a scary team in a few years.

19. ballerman2112

ballerman2112 BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Serge @ Apr 3 2007, 03:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>LMAO what a AI hater clearly your wrong and hate AI cause Denver is lucky as crap, and that is how they feel. And Philly well are idiots even though they are my fav team. Maybe it was time to rebuild, but what they got for him was crap really for the kinda player he is atleast first ballot future hall of famer, and the best little guy to ever play the game.</div>He is the hater? You are just an AI homer. Denver hasnt gotten better since AI has been there, and Philly got rid of his contract, they are starting to rebuild, they are letting Iggy become their first role, and they have drastically improved from the worst team in the league, to a team that has almost played 500 ball since AI's absense. Denvers not lucky....They arent going to get past the first round of the playoffs, and AI is going to be gone from the league in 3 years.

20. The Legacy

The Legacy BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ballerman2112 @ Apr 3 2007, 07:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>He is the hater? You are just an AI homer. Denver hasnt gotten better since AI has been there, and Philly got rid of his contract, they are starting to rebuild, they are letting Iggy become their first role, and they have drastically improved from the worst team in the league, to a team that has almost played 500 ball since AI's absense. Denvers not lucky....They arent going to get past the first round of the playoffs, and AI is going to be gone from the league in 3 years.</div>whoa, whoa, whoa: why do you say AI will be out in 3 years? I'd say he has at least 5 more years in him, probably more.