Best Second Rounder

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by vinsanity03, Jun 3, 2003.

1. vinsanity03

vinsanity03 JBB JustBBall Member

I think he is probably James Lang or Kendrick Perkins. Carl English is good too. What do you guys think?

2. Kid Canada

Kid Canada JBB Banned Member

ndubi ebi , daunte jones , jerome beasley

3. AZ1

AZ1 JBB JustBBall Member

dantay jones cause if he can go somewhere where he can get some playing time then he could be a good role player.

4. STC

STC JBB JustBBall Member

Carl English won't do anything in the NBA. Ebi, and Jones I think could be good. Ebi, because if he went to college would be a lottery pick.

5. Spotk1us

Spotk1us JBB JustBBall Member

Yeah dantay is a good player

6. Voodoo Child

Voodoo Child Can I Kick It?

If second rounders -

1.Travis Hansen
    2.Josh Powell
    3.Ndudi Ebi
    4.Viktor Khryapa
    5.Travis Outlaw
    6.Marcus Banks

7. vinsanity03

vinsanity03 JBB JustBBall Member

Travis Outlaw will probably go first round. late though.

8. Voodoo Child

Voodoo Child Can I Kick It?

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "Dr. Funk":</div><div class="quote_post">Travis Outlaw will probably go first round. late though.</div>That is not for certain. He could go anywhere from 13 to 40. It all depends on how his workouts go. Everyone on my list is expected to go in the first round, but only about half will.

9. STC

STC JBB JustBBall Member

Marcus Banks might be a 1st rounder too. I think he is a 2nd rounder but I have seen him in the mid 2nd round, all the way up to just outside the lottery. I think that is nuts when you have Hinrich, Ridnour, Thomas, Williams, Barbosa, Gaines and the rest of the PGs.

10. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

Josh Howard
    Kendrick Perkins
    Dahtay Jones
    Chris Thomas
    Troy Bell
    Ndudi Ebi

11. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

Josh Howard

shocked to see this guy so low..

12. Hornacek

Hornacek JBB JustBBall Member

Uh... this topic seems strange.

Most second rounders only fall there because their stock isn't as high as first rounders the weeks before the draft. It's way too hard to tell who the second rounders will be, and whether they are better than the first rounders (cuz there must be a reason why they were picked behind the first rounders).

Its true that some second rounders will BECOME better players than people picked ahead of them, but not as of right now. So it seems like the question is asking "Who's the 30th best player? Who's going to be the first person chosen in the second round?" Which sounds absurd to me. [​IMG]

13. sunsfan1357

sunsfan1357 JBB JustBBall Member

I think it's between Mo Williams, Josh Howard, and Marcus Banks. Thing is that two of those guys (Williams and Banks) may go in the first round so it's really hard to tell right now.

14. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "Hornacek":</div><div class="quote_post">Uh... this topic seems strange.

Most second rounders only fall there because their stock isn't as high as first rounders the weeks before the draft. It's way too hard to tell who the second rounders will be, and whether they are better than the first rounders (cuz there must be a reason why they were picked behind the first rounders).

Its true that some second rounders will BECOME better players than people picked ahead of them, but not as of right now. So it seems like the question is asking "Who's the 30th best player? Who's going to be the first person chosen in the second round?" Which sounds absurd to me. [​IMG]</div>

why is it absurd? the so called "War Room" experts do this for a living. they rank the players and then they rank the ones they want and they try to formulate mock drafts. i look forward to seeing the mock drafts that will slowly come out by the so called experts to see which players stock is rising and which are falling.

15. jdub

jdub JBB JustBBall Member

I think arenas was by far the most dominant 2nd rounder of all time, carlos boozer was pretty good 2.

16. Hornacek

Hornacek JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "jdub":</div><div class="quote_post">I think arenas was by far the most dominant 2nd rounder of all time, carlos boozer was pretty good 2.</div>Hmm... I disagree. Clifford Robinson or Nick Van Exel are better "steals" from the second round. Michael Redd ain't bad either.