Better Chance Against Houston Or Utah?

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by SIXPAK GQ, May 3, 2007.

1. SIXPAK GQ

SIXPAK GQ JBB JustBBall Member

You guys think we can beat Houston or Utah?

Which team would you play?

I am pulling off Houston since I now reside in Houston so I can go to the games.

2. AnimeFANatic

AnimeFANatic JBB JustBBall Member

Houston no doubt.

Warriors can negate Yao, rest of their starting line-up is mediocre, and their bench sucks.

It'll be T-Mac vs. Warriors.

3. SIXPAK GQ

I now live in Houston so i am pulling for houston to win also. I will go to all games here. plus we can rest till monday. houston would be tired from saturday's game......

4. Gohn

Gohn JBB JustBBall Member

Agreed with AF. Go Houston! I think Houston can win. They have home court.

Utah is pretty damn good if AK47 shows up with Boozer and Williams and Harpring all the other guys.

5. Run BJM

Run BJM Heavy lies the crown. Staff Member Global Moderator

Houston.

Utah is great at moving the ball, playing physically, rebounding, controlling tempo and they're great at home.

Houston is too slow, doesn't have enough scorers, we have a lot of guys to match up with both Yao and T-Mac, Baron owned T-Mac last time they met in POs (T-Mac guaranteed they'd win and Baron had 2 straight triple doubles to win the series). Jazz are damn near impossible to beat at home too and can play Boozer or Millsap at C and kill us.

6. SIXPAK GQ

Lets All Pull For The Rockets!

this is the team we want to play. rockets are at home and they are going to win this one

7. AnimeFANatic

We're all excited dude, but calm down with the new threads!

We already have a thread like this in who do you want to play in second round.

Relax! [​IMG]

8. Clif25

Clif25 JBB JustBBall Member

Wow, well I wouldn't want to be too picky. Either way it will be a good battle/war/series. I'd say that Boozer/Okur scare me. However TMac can be a killer as well on the court. Also Houston has some good players like Battier who could step up to be big defensively and offensively and rebounding, just everywhere basically.

I think matchup-wise Houston may just slightly be the better choice, but TMac scares me some. Hopefully the best team wins between those two on Saturday...or not...[​IMG]

9. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

<div class="quote_poster">SIXPAK GQ Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">this is the team we want to play. rockets are at home and they are going to win this one</div>

I merged the thread. Sixpack, I'm glad for your enthusiasm but there's no need to post two separate topics regarding possible Round 2 opponents.

For instance: Jazz or Rockets?

bam!

Let's pull for Rockets.

Put it all in the same thread. Please don't make me actually have to do work on JBB. That's Run BJM's job. [​IMG]

10. iLL PiLL

iLL PiLL JBB JustBBall Member

Who ever we face i sure hope Harrington or Ellis shows up. I feel so bad for them because they didn't really contribute at all to these wins. They need to find their shot and be able to get their confidence back. Hopefully it just wasn't their series

11. AnimeFANatic

<div class="quote_poster">iLL PiLL Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Who ever we face i sure hope Harrington or Ellis shows up. I feel so bad for them because they didn't really contribute at all to these wins. They need to find their shot and be able to get their confidence back. Hopefully it just wasn't their series</div>

They had trouble cause well... it's the Mavs, a 67 win team.

While the Warriors won the match-up battle, they had their struggles as well in Ellis and Harrington.

They'll do fine against Houston/Utah, I have confidence.

12. Custodianrules2

<div class="quote_poster">AnimeFANatic Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">They had trouble cause well... it's the Mavs, a 67 win team.

While the Warriors won the match-up battle, they had their struggles as well in Ellis and Harrington.

They'll do fine against Houston/Utah, I have confidence.</div>

Oh c'mon, jinx Harrington and Ellis even further why don't you! Just kidding. [​IMG]

Believe! (That those two guys will do something good in every game win or lose at least like Pietrus + Barnes intangibles)

13. Doctor Kajita

Doctor Kajita Active Member

Finance
    The W's match up better with Houston. I realized, this league is all about match-ups!

14. Custodianrules2

<div class="quote_poster">Kensaku Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">The W's match up better with Houston. I realized, this league is all about match-ups!</div>

It's always been matchups, though. It's why Shaq and Duncan win championships more than any other team without a Shaq or Duncan. The opposing team can't matchup inside and it makes it really easy for Shaq or Duncan's perimeter player teammates that can shoot and dribble. If Dallas had an inside presence, I think we'd be destroyed in the paint if we couldn't strip the ball on the double team right away. That's why I'm fearing guys like Yao or Boozer/Okur. We don't have an answer unless we're double teaming the right way and not over-playing on help D and we're cutting off the passing lanes immediately. That's hard to do.

15. Doctor Kajita

Finance
    <div class="quote_poster">custodianrules2 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">It's always been matchups, though. It's why Shaq and Duncan win championships more than any other team without a Shaq or Duncan. The opposing team can't matchup inside and it makes it really easy for Shaq or Duncan's perimeter player teammates that can shoot and dribble. If Dallas had an inside presence, I think we'd be destroyed in the paint if we couldn't strip the ball on the double team right away. That's why I'm fearing guys like Yao or Boozer/Okur. We don't have an answer unless we're double teaming the right way and not over-playing on help D and we're cutting off the passing lanes immediately. That's hard to do.</div>

The W's seem to match up well against Houston. It's because Yao is Asian. That is all, my friend. [​IMG]

16. Custodianrules2

<div class="quote_poster">Kensaku Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">The W's seem to match up well against Houston. It's because Yao is Asian. That is all, my friend. [​IMG]</div>

What??? So the W's match up in whatever we throw against the 7'6, 300 lb guy with post/perimeter skills has everything to do with him being born in Asia, huh?

17. Doctor Kajita

Finance
    <div class="quote_poster">custodianrules2 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">What??? So the W's match up in whatever we throw against the 7'6, 300 lb guy with post/perimeter skills has everything to do with him being born in Asia, huh?</div>

No, no, because that would be racist.

18. Custodianrules2

<div class="quote_poster">Kensaku Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Absofreakinlutely. Mark my words. W's in 5 vs. Houston.

W's lose in 6 vs. Utah.</div>

I dunno man that's kind of racist dude.

19. AnimeFANatic

<div class="quote_poster">custodianrules2 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I dunno man that's kind of racist dude.</div>

Yeah I agree... I thought there was a deeper meaning or a joke to his comment but... thats just wrong. I find it insulting (as I'm asian).

20. Custodianrules2

<div class="quote_poster">AnimeFANatic Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Yeah I agree... I thought there was a deeper meaning or a joke to his comment but... thats just wrong. I find it insulting (as I'm asian).</div>

I was hoping for immediate public/private explanation but I'll have to bring it under review since it violates site policy and others may be hurt by the comments.

http://www.justbball.com/forums/faq.php?fa...opriate_remarks

But, again, I really don't want to jump to conclusions over something that might be misinterpreted. So... let's wait. A long time member deserves at least that.