Politics Biden Picks Kamala Harris As Running Mate

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by Hoopguru, Aug 11, 2020.

1. BlazerWookee

BlazerWookee UNTILT THE DAMN PINWHEEL!

Gear Finisher
    Lots of baggage, not the least of which is her (largely laudable, IMHO) record as a law enforcement officer. She did kick the shit out of Biden during the debates, though. It'll be interesting to watch play out.

2. BlazerWookee

BlazerWookee UNTILT THE DAMN PINWHEEL!

Gear Finisher
    "By Joe," lol.

No way she was his first choice.

Lanny likes this.
  3. Minstrel

Minstrel Top Of The Pops Global Moderator

User Interface Designer
    Yeah, you know perfectly well that's not what he said. He said he'd helped her but, in the same paragraph, noted that he had also helped other Bay Area politicians like Nancy Pelosi and Gavin Newsom. You just like the idea of claiming you have justification for calling a woman you don't like a slut.

The Professional Fan likes this.
  4. EL PRESIDENTE

EL PRESIDENTE Username Retired in Honor of Lanny.

He wasn't fucking Nancy Pelosi and Gavin Newsom. That's the difference.

5. Minstrel

User Interface Designer
    Yeah, and that difference shows that the relationship likely had little to do with his actions--partisanship did. He wasn't dating Pelosi or Newsom and yet helped them out too. Almost like he wanted fellow Democrats to do well and be a power broker.

Also, his "help" amounted to something like a $500 campaign donation and introducing her to some people. The reason I'm saying that your forum character is a misogynist is that none of this amounts to "sleeping her way to the top" and you know that--you're just looking for a reason to call her a slut if you can.

Lanny and Chris Craig like this.
  6. EL PRESIDENTE

That doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

If someone is sleeping with a superior and they are promoted over others without just cause, that's what I'm referring to. I mean, more power to her to use her pussy to get ahead. But don't try and change the past here. It is what it is. Your denial of what transpired just shows your hypocrisy in this matter fueled by your desire to get Trump out at any cost. In short, you are making excuses for her past behavior because you need a clear conscious to vote for her.

HailBlazers and jonnyboy like this.
  7. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

I don't care if he calls me a slut.

8. Road Ratt

Road Ratt King of my own little world

I couldn't make it through the first 30 seconds of the first video. Not sure what psycho ward this guy escaped from, but someone should inform authorities of his current location for immediate pick-up. :kidchocolate:

9. TorturedBlazerFan

TorturedBlazerFan Well-Known Member

Baby Daddy
    Do you realize he was being sarcastic?
    I don't really care if you agree or disagree with him or think he's crazy. The fact is he is a republican that has been talking about the need for police reform for a long time. I disagree with him on a lot of things.

10. BigGameDamian

BigGameDamian Well-Known Member

11. Minstrel

User Interface Designer
    In what way was she "promoted over others without just cause?"

Also, you keep implying she owes every bit of her career advancement to "sleeping her way up," which is also obviously untrue.

I mean, I don't mind if you keep pretending that Harris is a slut--you pretend you're willing to use weapons against other people and we know that's a fantasy too. I'm not really trying to convince you, since I don't try to convince made-up characters of things. I'm just clarifying for anyone else who doesn't know what you're referring to. You're spinning a short-term relationship with another politician early in her career as an ispo facto trade of sex for advancement (and implying that it happened all through her career) despite there being no evidence of that. Willie Brown certainly didn't claim that.

12. EL PRESIDENTE

If you sleep with your superior and they appoint you to a position, one can only assume that sex had to do with the process. Its what happened. That's why people would usually recuse themselves from the entire process when they are having sex with subordinates. It reeks of inappropriate behavior.

Willie Brown appointed a subordinate (Kamala Harris) he was having an affair with to a highly paid position that jump started her career. That's the textbook definition of "sleeping your way up".

Last edited: Aug 12, 2020
  13. Road Ratt

14. Minstrel

User Interface Designer
    It wasn't an affair, first of all. He had been separated from his wife for 13 years prior (and she was single). So we can dispense with that loaded language. Second, it's certainly not the most seemly thing to be involved with someone who can appoint you to something, but the idea that being appointed to a board on health care was key to her entire career is silly and the idea that the relationship was transactional is just your desire, again, to paint her as a slut.

No one would argue that there's absolutely nothing wrong with what happened--it's not the most ethical thing to be involved with someone who's career you can affect because it raises these questions. But there's no evidence that the relationship was intended to be transactional (i.e. "sleeping her way up") or that he didn't consider her qualified for the role--no one's argued that she was unqualified for it. It's not a great look, but the vast majority of people see it as a pretty minor event in her backstory. It's largely only right-wing trolls who keep pushing the "sleeping her way to the top" meme.

I haven't pushed back against your "Kamala the Cop" memes because, while I think that's overblown, it's actually a fair criticism and something that should be discussed. This other thing is largely sexist nonsense.

Lanny and Chris Craig like this.
  15. Road Ratt

He starts out wearing a fake mustache and sounding like he is about to teach your dumbass a thing or two. I shut it off at that point. My dumbass already knows a thing or two. :P

I looked again, made it up to 40 seconds before becoming sick of listening to him talk in the weird manner he is talking in. Sorry.

(By the way. I was joking around with El Pres in my original post. In case you didn't pick up on that.)

16. ABM

ABM Happily Married In Music City, USA!

Commercial Real Estate
    No kidding. That's almost like saying Brett Kavinaugh still does crazy things like the ones he was purported to do in his late-teens and early-20's.

17. crandc

crandc Well-Known Member

Hard to think of a greater contrast.

Trump launched his campaign inciting hatred against immigrants. He has delighted in cruelty towards immigrants, even breaking laws, even when it hurts American business and farmers, whom he pretends to care for. Harris is daughter of immigrants from two different "shithole countries". At a time of largest actions in the country's history against racism and racial injustice, with increasing numbers demanding the country address its original sin of racism, Trump chose to stand with the treason flag and monuments to Confederate traitors, and boasts to suburban white women that he is keeping black and brown people out of their neighborhoods. Harris' parents were both civil rights volunteers and she chose to attend a historically Black college and join the largest Black sorority. While Pence won't meet with any woman unchaperoned, because no matter how accomplished he sees them as temptresses, not professionals, and Trump boasts of sexually assaulting women while calling any smart woman "nasty", Harris and her sister, like their mother before them, built careers. While Trump battened off his father's millions and failed on his own over and over, Harris succeeded on her own, often against odds. While Trump declares himself above the law, makes it clear no law, court judgment, or Constitution applies to him (in his view), Harris has worked for rule of law. While Trump's one legislative accomplishment was a massive tax cut for the rich and big corporations, Harris as Attorney General of California blocked a settlement with banks and mortgage lenders over the meltdown of housing market they caused, securing finally a settlement five times what was originally proposed. While Trump issues executive orders and files lawsuits allowing discrimination against the LGBTQ community and Pence, as governor, repurposed funds that were supposed to fight HIV to "pray away the gay", and brought on a boycott of his state after saying all businesses were allowed to discriminate if Jesus, Harris, following Obegefell decision on marriage equality, married one of the plaintiff couples. While Trump demands absolute fealty and uncritical devotion, and anyone who criticizes or disagrees is immediately beyond the pale, Biden picked a running mate who publicly challenged him.

Hard to find a clearer choice.

Biden's best friend would not call him exciting, his mother would not call him charismatic. Harris, suddenly, has folks excited.

18. crandc

crandc Well-Known Member

Oh, rape is just a "crazy thing". Spoken like a true forced birther.

19. TorturedBlazerFan

TorturedBlazerFan Well-Known Member

Baby Daddy
    So I follow a ton of different people all over the the “world view / political view” spectrums. This particular guy has been in a battle with his own viewers about the, “obey the law”, and “you should always listen to the cops” stuff, the reason for the stupid mustache and glasses / sarcasm is he’s making fun of those people.

My original point is that there are republicans who are on board with police reform that was just one example. I know of others.

Anyways so Harris and Biden.

20. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

Rape isn't a consensual relationship

riverman likes this.