Big 5

Discussion in 'Fantasy Basketball' started by Ghost, Aug 15, 2003.

1. Ghost

Ghost BBW Member

UP 1. Troy Hambrick, RB, Dallas
    News Item: Dallas signed eight-year veteran runner Adrian Murrell. Owner Jerry Jones said the Cowboys' interest in Murrell has more to do with the injury to backup running back Michael Wiley (rotator cuff strain) than any dissatisfaction with Troy Hambrick, according to the Dallas Morning News. Parcells added that he doesn't envision Murrell being a featured back. Coach Bill Parcells also said he is in no way displeased with Hambrick, writes the San Antonio Express-News. "Message? What do you mean message?" Parcells said. "I'm not trying to send a message. I'm trying to get the right 53 guys on the team." Parcells added: "He's working hard. He's in pretty good shape. I really don't have any complaints."

Analysis: Murrell, who hasn't played since the 2000 season, poses little threat to Hambrick. He was signed to provide insurance for Michael Wiley, who may miss the season. Murrell won't be ready by the Opener, and he's in Dallas in case Hambrick becomes injured or plays poorly. The plan is still to feature Hambrick on first and second downs and not for him to enter a split-back situation.

Conclusion: Hambrick has moved up my rankings to No. 21, behind Curtis Martin and Trung Canidate and ahead of Kevan Barlow. He's one of the top No. 3 backs, and will be a 1,000-yard rusher with 15-plus carries per game. Parcells has had a 1,000-yard rusher in 10 of his 15 seasons.

Read the Rest Here---------------------------------------------------

http://games.espn.go.com/content/ffl/2003/...?page=bigfive05