Biggest disappointing player at the half

Discussion in 'Cleveland Cavaliers' started by Shapecity, Feb 1, 2003.

1. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

My vote is for Darius Miles. He was tearing up the league in pre-season and I thought he would win the MIP award easily. Now he's lost in Cleveland and Ricky Davis has become their best player. I know Miles is not 100%, but his game has really dropped off.

2. Alley-oop

Alley-oop JBB JustBBall Member

Andre Miller. Everyone thought he would be leading the clips to a good record. Has not happened.

3. Hunter

Hunter Administrator Staff Member Administrator

I agree with Alley-Oop. Miller was said to be the second best player in the league durign the trade last year but hasnt done squat. He doesnt ever crack my top 5 now.

4. aTTiCuS

aTTiCuS JBB JustBBall Member

yeha definetly Miles....he doesnt even have any defense...geez. Only 21 tho.....

5. Ito

Ito JBB JustBBall Member

<font color="darkred">Andre Miller. That kid is a bum. I remember when people used to say he was the best point guard in the league, haha. He never was and never will be in my top 5 players list.</font>

6. LaBballFan

LaBballFan JBB JustBBall Member

Hey stop talking about Andre like that :-x :-x He's awesome [​IMG]

Man you are looking for is Mike Dunleavy.
    We all thought he will be very good and that he will maby be ROY but no he isn't.
    He suck right now.
    Andre ahs good stats at least.

7. Alley-oop

Alley-oop JBB JustBBall Member

Mike Dunleavy is not getting any minutes thats why he sucks right now.

8. Pacers Fan

Pacers Fan JBB JustBBall Member

Miller.
    he sucks. Brand Odom Q Kandi Maggete i thought that that plus Dre could beat the lakers even and win a ring. but now it's looks like they can't even get to .500 or the playoffs. he was supposed to turn the team around but he made them worse. it's his fault they suck cuz he's the PG.

9. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

Dunleavy had bust written all over him. He's skinny and too slow to play the 3. Warriors should've taken Amare, once again they messed up a great opportunity.

Dre Miller doesn't suck. What sucks is Clipper management. Donald Sterling hasn't commited to any of his players. All their starters are free agents and most of the time they are playing selfishly to get their fat contracts and not as a team. I would hate to be Alvin Gentry trying to coach this team. Also the Clippers have been hit by injuries all season long. They are finally getting healthy and are learning to play with one another. Dre Miller is not going to get the assists he had in Cleveland because the Clips play a double post offense. Basically just dump the ball in and let the big men go to work. With the Cavs they had a more open run and gun style offense with Ricky Davis and Lamond Murray running the wings.

Dre Miller is definately a top 5 PG still.

10. Jermainiac

Jermainiac JBB JustBBall Member

Rookies don't count. There are alwayz busts! It's Miles, definately! He really sucks. U don't here nothin bout him anymore! I remember, these guys on HA said he'd be an all-star! There were like 20 guys sayin that! I was like no, he ain't gonna b so good. It's gonna be Richard Jefferson man! Was I right or was I right?

11. Ito

Ito JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "LaBballFan":</div><div class="quote_post">Hey stop talking about Andre like that :-x :-x He's awesome [​IMG]

Man you are looking for is Mike Dunleavy.
    We all thought he will be very good and that he will maby be ROY but no he isn't.
    He suck right now.
    Andre ahs good stats at least.</div>

<font color="darkred">Yeah, He has "good" stats, but everyone expected more from him.

and I ain't going to say shit about Dunleavy, He hasn't been getting alot of minutes so I don't really know what he can do so far. </font>

12. SupraJames

SupraJames JBB JustBBall Member

I never thought Mike Dunleavy is a good player and I never will. The kid can what, shoot 3s and that's it? He's pretty much worthless anywhere else besides shooting the 3s. Slow skinny and cocky too might I add. I remember him saying that when he gets drafted, he doesn't want to be in the LA Clippers. What's up with that attitude. I mean I understand that it might kinda suck to play in the Clippers because Sterling doesn't really give long-term fatty contract, but at least keep it to yourself. No need to boast it around the media.

Dunleavy's sitting on the bench and that's where he belongs anyways.

13. Big D

Big D JBB JustBBall Member

I agree that Dre Miller has been very disappointing. I thought he was the missing link for the playoffs. So far, his impact has been nonexistent.

Another disappointment is Tim Thomas. He had a real chance to become a star with Big Dog shipped out, but has done very little.

Olowakandi has sucked also. I figured he'd put up good numbers, being in a contract year, but has been worthless. I don't see him getting anything near the MAX deal he's calling for this summer.

Jason Richardson showed signs of being something special last year, but has been inconsistent at best this year.

Jay Williams has been a disappointment as well, but that's as much due to a poor offensive scheme as anything else.

Other players who have been disappointing, but due to injuries are: Grant Hill, Antonion McDyess, and Lamond Murray. You can't really fault them because it's just something that happens, but they've been a disappointment nonetheless.

14. LaBballFan

LaBballFan JBB JustBBall Member

First of all welcome to the boards!!!!
    I hope you will stick around and be regular [​IMG]

I agree with that Tim Thomas theory but I think he will be very good player soon!!!

15. Online

Online JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "shapecity":</div><div class="quote_post">My vote is for Darius Miles. He was tearing up the league in pre-season and I thought he would win the MIP award easily. Now he's lost in Cleveland and Ricky Davis has become their best player. I know Miles is not 100%, but his game has really dropped off.</div>

I agree with Shapecity.

16. STING

STING JBB JustBBall Member

Mike Dunleavy no question. The reason he hasn't gotten very much playing time is because he hasn't earned it. When you are drafted at number 3 you have to be able to make a bigger impact. Junior Harrington has played better in the league so far, and he wasn't even drafted.

As for non-rookies, my vote is going to Andre Miller as well. The kid has alot of talent, but at this point he is still young and needs more time to fully develop his skills.

17. thuggedout108nj

thuggedout108nj JBB JustBBall Member

Most disappointing rookie is- Jay Williams. He was the number 2 draft pick and has yet to do anything spectacular. The Bulls are still not a contender. He has not been consistent. I thought he was going to make a bigger impact to this league. Lets wait and see.

Most disappointing Non-Rookie- Dikembe Mutombo. He has barely played due to his injury and when he WAS playing he did nothing. He averaged 7 points and 7 rebounds. The Nets expected a lot more from him. Lets see what he can do after he returns from his injury in March.

18. SupraJames

SupraJames JBB JustBBall Member

Mutombo should've retired a couple years ago... He's not a disappointment, everyone know he's old and way past his prime

19. BRockwell

BRockwell JBB JustBBall Member

I have to say Darius Miles is the most dissapointing player this year....can't say I ever thought he'd be an MVP canidate this year though....(someone mentioned that in an earlier post).

THink about it, if the Cav's keep Andre Miller (remember how good he was last year), there starting 5 is downright competitive, as opposed to being one of the worst in the league.

PG- Miller
    SG- Dajuan Wagner
    SF- Ricky Davis
    PF- Carlos Boozer
    C- Zydrunas Ilgauskaus

I don' t know the Cav's well enough to comment on their Bench but in the East this is not a bad 5 at all! Ricky, Andre and Z are potential all-stars every year and Wagner and Boozer are good young talent with fresh legs. I bet John Lucas is sitting on his couch at home thinking about how he could be coaching the Cavs into the playoffs if they'd kept 'Dre.
    They wouldn't have been a lock for the post-season, but a .500 season wouldn't have been out of reach.