Biggest joke in the draft

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Devilz, Dec 16, 2004.

1. rookie789

rookie789 JBB Banned Member

i watched kwame brown's performance with the lakers and he just couldnt do much, doesnt know how to drive to the basket and he cant shoot
    kwame brown, mike olowakandi, mike dunlevey(so wack he needs to go back to duke or what ever college he came from) and btw joe smith is not really a bust, his injury been bothering him for a longgggg time
    oh yea darko milicic, this guy is toooo waccckkk he missed way too many dunks, man please look at the freakin BASKET when you dunk!!! and who in the world is bowie

2. nomad

nomad JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting LACneedGRIZZARD:</div><div class="quote_post">This post has been alive for over a year and no one has mentioned YINKA DARE?</div>

...maybe because he's dead. died of a heart attack in 2004.

3. Kwan1031

Kwan1031 JBB JustBBall Member

1999, Knicks with Weis at 15th pick, instead of local favorite Ron Artest. Also, in that year: James Posey, Jeff Foster, Andrei Kirilenko, Ginobili.

4. Jurassic

Jurassic Trend Setter

Kwame Brown.

5. TmacGarnett

TmacGarnett JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Phantom Balla:</div><div class="quote_post">Sam Bowie (picked before MJ)
    Darko Milicic (why pick him before Carmelo)</div>

Detroit had allready chosen a SF/SG in teshaun prince who was contributing in his young career at that time. They didn't feel like a player who had only one year of college. The best explanation for this is actually the desperate need for a PF which they then later trade for Rasheed in the same season and sign antonio Mcdyess the following offseason.

6. dtpxcore

dtpxcore JBB The Regulator

darko being taken before Wade, Carmelo, Bosh and even Hinrich or Gordon

7. superman32

superman32 JBB Banned Member

tie between Kandi-man, Kwame, Joe Smith and Darko

8. superman32

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting TmacGarnett:</div><div class="quote_post">Detroit had allready chosen a SF/SG in teshaun prince who was contributing in his young career at that time. They didn't feel like a player who had only one year of college. The best explanation for this is actually the desperate need for a PF which they then later trade for Rasheed in the same season and sign antonio Mcdyess the following offseason.</div>

THEY SHOULD HAVE DRAFTED BOSHHHHHHHH! i hate joe dumars for picking Darko over wade bosh and carmelo

9. superman32

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting nomad:</div><div class="quote_post">...maybe because he's dead. died of a heart attack in 2004.</div>
    I thought yinka dare was a video maker..all the basketball mixtapes I have are yinka dare... wow... my bad

why do so many like him if he sucked so much? i just read up on him

10. 30 standing ver

30 standing ver JBB JustBBall Member

Hands down to me is Olowakandi.

11. dtpxcore

dtpxcore JBB The Regulator

Kandi man

12. realm

realm JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting jagman28782:</div><div class="quote_post">I say Sam Bowie, but Portland drafted someone in the 70s that was equally bad, if not worse than Bowie with the number one overall selection, I just can't remember his name. I remember that his career PPG average was a hair over five.</div>
    Jagman, if you're still around at this forum, LaRue Martin is his name.

13. sashko

sashko JBB JustBBall Member

definitely agree

he is one of the biggest mistakes there is. not really into looking at who was number 1 pick but i know about him.

14. GatorsowntheNCAA

GatorsowntheNCAA Omaha Bound 2010!

Fran Vasquez has to be up there too. We draft him and he doesn't even play in the NBA. At least all the others played regardless about how ineffective they were.

15. j0se

j0se JBB Banned Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting GatorsowntheSEC:</div><div class="quote_post">Fran Vasquez has to be up there too. We draft him and he doesn't even play in the NBA. At least all the others played regardless about how ineffective they were.</div>

So? Ginobili didn't play in his first NBA season, and look at him now.

I'm not a fan of Vasquez, I think he's overrated, but thats not a good reason to misjudge him.

16. GatorsowntheNCAA

GatorsowntheNCAA Omaha Bound 2010!

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting j0se:</div><div class="quote_post">So? Ginobili didn't play in his first NBA season, and look at him now.

I'm not a fan of Vasquez, I think he's overrated, but thats not a good reason to misjudge him.</div>

Yeah, but that was the plan to keep Ginobili overseas. They drafted him as a project for 1 more year overseas in the 2nd round. We drafted Fran to come right away and contribute in the lottery. Fran signed a 4 year contract of a bigger amount, so he would have to pay more out of his pocket to come to the NBA now then before this year. I am still optimistic that he will come over in a year or 2, but more than likely he won't come over.

17. WadeDynasty

WadeDynasty JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting TmacGarnett:</div><div class="quote_post">Detroit had allready chosen a SF/SG in teshaun prince who was contributing in his young career at that time. They didn't feel like a player who had only one year of college. The best explanation for this is actually the desperate need for a PF which they then later trade for Rasheed in the same season and sign antonio Mcdyess the following offseason.</div>
    Well they could still get Melo and trade him for some good player.
    Anyways, I think it's Darius Miles..i believe 4th? What's he doing in the league?Only thing he produced is that thing he does after he dunks. So annoying.

18. Buckets

Buckets JBB JustBBall Member

Dont hate on Darius Miles, this season was his 3rd season in the league without injury problems that he played throught, but then he got an injury and had to sit out. Darius is still what, 23/24? I think he can still be a good player anyways the biggest joke in the draft have to have been those no name high schoolers who get drafted in the late second round and never play in the NBA [exceptions are: Amir Johnson, Andray Blatche].

19. sashko

sashko JBB JustBBall Member

come on jay williams wasn't that bad. he could pass the ball tough:)

20. No More Wannstedt

No More Wannstedt nfl-*****s member

Worst ever is Sam Bowie taken over Michael Jordan. That discussion ends there.

As for the other end of the spectrum, how about the Spurs landing Tony Parker with the 28th pick of the 2001 draft and Manu Ginobili with the 2nd to last pick (#57) of the draft in 1999. The 2001 draft had Kwame Brown taken #1 (lol), and guys like Rodney White, Kirk Haston, Michael Bradley, Joe Forte, Jeryll Sasser, and Brandon Armstrong taken ahead of Parker (Gilbert Arenas was the other big steal that year at #31). The 1999 draft steal of Ginobili was incredible considering that there are more players taken ahead of Manu that didn't even stay in the League than their are players still around. The list is long, but to name a few players taken ahead of Manu..... Tim Young, Roberto Bergersen, Lari Ketner, Galen Young, J.R. Koch, Louis Bullock, Chris Herren, Rico Hill, and John Celestand. Each team passed on him, not once but twice.