OT Biggest market teams in disarray

Discussion in 'Chicago Bulls' started by transplant, Jul 2, 2015.

1. transplant

transplant Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

The Knicks and the Lakers seem to be in danger of crossing the line between "transition" and "laughing stock." Both teams have told their fan bases not to worry; that they'd boat the big fish this summer. After all, they are basketball powerhouses.

I woke up early this morning and was surprised to learn that LaMarcus Aldridge had pretty much been underwhelmed by the Lakers' presentation and had crossed them off his list.
    [Edit: just heard on the radio that Woj has reported that LMA has agreed to grant LAL a do-over]

This left the two mega-market teams to lock horns in mortal combat for the services of the great Greg Monroe. Sure, Monroe's a nice player, but he's not exactly the centerpiece of a future dynasty. Now I hear that Monroe has agreed to a deal with the Milwaukee Bucks. Yeah, I said Milwaukee.

Technically, Lebron James is still an uncommitted free agent, but no one believes that he's moving. This probably leaves Clippers center DeAndre Jordan as the primo prize remaining. Unfortunately, like Monroe, he's a great piece to have, but hardly a #1 option. I mean, Jordan's an uber-efficient scorer, but 12ppg is still only 12ppg.

Anyway, it looks like Jeanie Buss and Phil Jackson have yet another bond to join them...her Lakers and his Knicks each have buckets of money to spend on players but none of the really good ones appear interested.

When you kneel down by your bedside tonight, don't forget Jeanie and Phil in your prayers.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2015
  2. _GB

_GB Bulls Fan Staff Member Moderator

3. such sweet thunder

such sweet thunder Member Staff Member Moderator

I feel like these tweets overstate things. It'd be a nice reality if this were true but I don't see it. A more accurate characterization is that NY and the Lakers are such a mess right now that they can't even attract free agents. They're the two worst franchises in the NBA, sans Sacramento. Nobody wants to play in the triangle and nobody wants to be a part of the supporting cast in Los Angeles as Kobe's skills decline.

4. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

And Aldridge canceled his meeting with NY today,

5. transplant

transplant Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

Perhaps I spoke too soon. The Knicks apparently have somehow managed to snare Robin Lopez and Arron Afflalo. Robin has lived in twin brother Brooks' shadow all his life. Now they're the bosses of the boroughs:headbang: Afflalo's a nice player. Before Butler's emergence, I had a hard eye on Afflalo. Not sure why, but his productivity is decidedly trending the wrong way despite the fact that he's only 29 years old.

6. _GB

_GB Bulls Fan Staff Member Moderator

Jeanie Buss is going to have to send her brother packing if this keeps up.