Blake Griffin or Kevin Love

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Portland2014, May 19, 2019.

1. CupWizier

CupWizier Well-Known Member

retired
    Oh, so you mistakenly posted that to me and I wasn't suppose to believe your sarcasm? Okay, no problem then.

2. hoopsjock

hoopsjock Well-Known Member

Business Owner
    Replying to someone's post isn't the same as claiming they said something.

Orion Bailey likes this.
  3. CupWizier

CupWizier Well-Known Member

retired
    Oh, thanks for the clarification. It is just a bit odd that you responded to my post after i said that Griffin isn't likely available Probably should have just made the post without quoting another poster. :hello:

4. Labinot41

Labinot41 Well-Known Member

Back to Basketball please, my oppinion: i don't see the Pistons being interested in dealing Griffin, they had a new Arena and the only reason why they made that trade was to bring a Star player in a boring ass Town, they are not stupid in Detroit, of course they knew even with Griffin they have no chance against the top Teams in the east. It's all about to have an Superstar who attracts many fans. I doubt their owner agrees to trade their Superstar for Collins, a bunch of role players and picks, i dont see that happening. But hey it's the NBA and you never know? Who would have thought the Kings trade Cousins for Hield and picks? Or the Pacers trade Paul George for Oladipo and Sabonis? You never know

5. hoopsjock

Business Owner
    I always find this to be kind of a weird argument that they need a "star" to fill seats. Sure, it makes sense that you'd want to have a player that fans are interested in seeing but at the same time if the team isn't good with that star then I don't know if it really matters that much. If you were a Detroit fan would you rather watch Griffin or would you rather accumulate picks and young players and watch them develop? If they found a way to keep Griffin and Drummond while adding more dynamic guards and wings then they still have a chance of being good. Imagine if they took Donovan Mitchell instead of Luke Kennard in 2017.

I was told that at the trade deadline last year their GM and front office guys went to the owner to discuss starting the rebuild. The owner was in win now mode and refuses to relent on that stance. I do wonder how watching his team barely make the playoffs and then get throttled when they got there could effect that stance by the owner though. Eventually he will probably have to change that mentality, I just don't know if he will this summer or not.

TorturedBlazerFan likes this.
  6. hoopsjock

Business Owner
    Nah, I quoted it for a reason.

7. LayneStaley

LayneStaley Well-Known Member

Badass
    Shit I feel comfortable starting Zach next season, even without Nurk for half the year. What I don’t feel comfortable with is having a jack of all trades set of Starting Forwards who do nothing exceptional, especially shooting. I wonder if this series would be different if Mirotic was shooting all those wide open 3s Dame is getting for Chief? I know hindsight is 20/20, I just don’t think this team can go any further with Chief and Hark making up 2/5 of the starters.

8. Labinot41

Wow really? Who told you that? That fucking owner should look at the reality and give us blake for a fair package haha

9. Labinot41

The funny thing is, Aminu has shot only 5 3s this series (of course he only made 1 because he is Aminu), thats not really a high Volume, it's just like he isn't on the court when he's on the court. Most useless player you can ever imagine

10. hoopsjock

Business Owner
    I know someone with inside information. A lot of owners are like that though. Paul Allen was too.

11. hoopsjock

Business Owner
    There are several other teams that are in the same boat like Washington. For a long time Memphis was like that too but trading Gasol this season signified a change.

12. Labinot41

Man i dont care if blake is injury prone or not, i want him on the Blazers, not only would he be a huge huge huge Upgrade over Aminu, Dame and CJ could play off ball so many times, he is exactly the type of player the Blazers need, a playmaker with great post skills, solid playmaking and passing. If there is any chance Neil has to try everything. I'm sick and tired of Aminu and Harkless

13. hoopsjock

Business Owner
    This is just a guess because I have no info to back this up but I'd put money on Griffin being the player that Olshey said he thought he had a deal for that would've added significant salary. He said going into the deadline day it had a 50% chance of happening but the other team decided not to trade him.

I think that was Detroit's GM wanting to make the trade and the owner said no.

14. B-Roy

B-Roy If it takes months

Zach will never ever be as good as a 30 year old Blake Griffin. If he was the centerpiece and Detroit wanted him, bye Zach.

Yes yes, injury risk, contract w/e. But no risk, no reward. Griffin is a high upside move that, if all the pieces fell into place, would mean championship...

15. Labinot41

That Interview was with jaynes right?? Shit now that you mention it, i remember, and Neil said Jodi Allen was okay with adding a bunch of salary, and hopefully she's now a lot "more okay" with adding salary after the Playoffs, i also guess it was Blake. It would make a lot of sense, a player on a Position with need, a huge contract, a former Neil guy, it all makes sense. Neil has to try it again if it really was Blake

BonesJones likes this.
  16. hoopsjock

Business Owner
    I'm sure he will try again. The question becomes if Detroit's owner has changed his mind since then.

17. GhostOfPGA

GhostOfPGA The late great Paul Allen

CJ straight across? I’d assume we’d only do that if we brought in another top flight guard via previous trade. Let’s say Jrue Holiday (traded for ET, Moe, and Picks?).

18. BonesJones

BonesJones https://www.youtube.com/c/blazersuprise

Yeah, something like that.

19. BonesJones

BonesJones https://www.youtube.com/c/blazersuprise

And he can shoot and space the floor.

20. oldmangrouch

oldmangrouch persona non grata

There are good reasons not to trade for Griffin. Collins is not on the list. The guy has yet to prove he is even a starter, let alone an untradable star.