Game Thread Blazers at Raptors Game Thread 7/26/20 3pm PST NBCSNW & NBATV

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by KSF-ERIC, Jul 23, 2020.

1. Eastoff

Eastoff But it was a beginning.

I noticed Whiteside looking lazy too. I want to see him with the second unit. Zach looks to always be trying to get in position. Nurkic shows up in the right spot except once when he got a block didn't run out to cover an open 3.

2. James lamphear

James lamphear Well-Known Member

The problem this is same routine that they play in the regular season. For some reason they loose focus coming back out the locker room after half. It just seems they have one bad quarter in majority of there games that's includes this past season. That can be fix that about leadership and holding everybody accountable. Now the play been pretty good in the first half of the scrimmages especially the interior part but I believe the communication is bad for who going to stay with the 3 point shooters though. But a team with good ball movement will majority of the time will beat a defense I don't care how good defense you have. Luckily the raptors was missing there 3 in the 1st half but they wasn't missing in the 3rd quarter. Majority can be fixed but we got one more game to improve on it.

3. blazerkor

blazerkor Well-Known Member

Given the nature of these televised scrimmages, do you think we can get any sense of the team's and our individual players' actual urgency? We have a lot of vets who we wouldn't expect to get up for a preseason game, so why would they go all out for one of these glorified practices? Then you have the fact that these scrimmages are televised therefore they give the league footage on us, don't you think the team is gaming the system a little and not tipping their hand? Even if you don't think that is most likely what is going on, you must know that it's a possibility. I think what we have seen is elements of our offense and defense practiced against other teams but not even an attempt to put everything together. I think with the added intensity of games and Dame stretching and threatening opposing defenses, the three ball will begin to fall. The only question that was brought up that is troubling is closing out on the perimeter on D. It's not troubling because it doesn't look great in these scrimmages though because the scrimmages don't matter and are for different purposes than winning or showing perfect execution. Not closing out on the perimeter and giving up uncontested threes is concerning because this team has had that problem all season... hell this team has had that problem for a long ass time, like several seasons now, probably since Wes and Nic left. All of that said, I think with all of the options on offense that this team has, they are going to be incredibly dangerous, like super scary for anyone to face if we can just even hang in there a little on D.

Orion Bailey likes this.
  4. UKRAINEFAN

UKRAINEFAN Well-Known Member

un-retired
    I guess that a couple weeks from now we will know.

BonesJones, kjironman1 and blazerkor like this.
  5. lawai'a

lawai'a Well-Known Member

6. Hoopguru

Hoopguru Well-Known Member

Any effects from Hurricane? Hope all is well....

TBpup likes this.
  7. lawai'a

thanks for the check. nah, kona was cloudy and light showers. the entire state escaped mostly unscathed. some big waves on the north facing shores. some rain, i think the highest peak winds i saw recorded were under 40 knots.
    the storms pack most of their whallop in the NE quadrant and all of the storms exposure was in the western quads. the worst and closest appeared to be a band of intense moisture about 12 miles off of oahu and maui.

Hoopguru likes this.
  8. Hoopguru

Hoopguru Well-Known Member

I spent 3o days
    I spent 30 days in Kauai after Iniki as Part of a Storm team working on gen sets and emergency equipment.
    It was unbelievable the destruction that they endured.

TBpup likes this.
  9. lawai'a

i think that 2 of the resorts there never reopened. Coco palms was 1.

jlprk and Hoopguru like this.
  10. BonesJones

BonesJones https://www.youtube.com/c/blazersuprise

Appreciate it! Its a bit different to hearing someone say they actually want us around. We'll be back to doing postgame streams after Fridays game! (I completely understand if that's not for you). It's just much easier to speak my mind on the channel and Twitter than it is in here.

11. UKRAINEFAN

UKRAINEFAN Well-Known Member

un-retired
    You're right, I usually enjoy reading print more than podcasts cuz I can do it at my own speed and skip parts if I want; but I do occasionally watch your stuff. I always root for your success.

hoopsjock, HailBlazers and BonesJones like this.