Blazers Blame Each Other

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Trail_Blazer76, Dec 8, 2003.

1. Trail_Blazer76

Trail_Blazer76 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Judging from the talk coming out of the Trail Blazers' locker room Sunday afternoon, their 93-79 unraveling to Bonzi Wells and the Memphis Grizzlies was the latter.

Seldom have such strong words collectively come after a Blazers loss as they did Sunday.

Jeff McInnis said he thought the Blazers quit during the second half, in which they squandered a 50-43 halftime lead and scored just 29 points.

Dale Davis said the Blazers were outworked by the Grizzlies, blaming lack of effort as the explanation of how Memphis grabbed an eye-popping 28 offensive rebounds.

And Damon Stoudamire called out Rasheed Wallace, saying that the Blazers' $17 million man needs to start posting up more and stop shooting so many outside jumpers.

All of the comments hit at the core of what it means to be a professional player, and perhaps more strongly, what it means to be a man in the NBA.

"It's all the truth," Davis said. "In all aspects, it's the truth. There's just no other way to put it. Right now, we can either fall on the table or separate ourselves from this. Now we are going to see if we have pride. I have a feeling we do, and we will play better the next two games."
    </div>
    Jason Quick
    jasonquick@news.oregonian.com

Full Story

I wish I had some positive stories to post. I wish even more that out guys would stop placing the blame and account for their own individual actions. Post your thoughts guys.

2. InNETSweTrust

InNETSweTrust JBB Philippines' Finest

At least you have Zach Randolph. That's something to look forward to. Let's just wish that he stops driving under the influence of beer.

I agree with you that they should stop blaming one another. Some some of them are in no position whatsoever to blame anyone but themselves.

3. nikebasketball

nikebasketball JBB JustBBall Member

I hope the Blazers find something to pull themselves together as a team and stop blaming one another cause if they don't they might as well have the Orlando Magic's record cause they will not go anywhere in the playoffs.

4. Trail_Blazer76

Trail_Blazer76 JBB JustBBall Member

I agree.

I think that Damon was just trying to get Sheed to realize how important he is on this team. If Sheed decided to play with the same effort as Randolph, the two of them on the court together would be unstoppable. Sheed needs to play less like Dirk and more like Duncan.