Forum Game Blazers Fact or Fiction

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by KBC, Aug 6, 2004.

1. KBC

KBC JBB JustBBall Member

Okay, everyone else seems to have one, so to keep this forum active, I thought I'd make one for us. You all know how these work, the person above you posts a question and you answer with Fact (true) or Fiction (false). Then, you ask your own Fact or Fiction question.

I'll start it out:

Fact or Fiction: Sebastian Telfair will lead the team in assists this year.

2. NickVanExel

NickVanExel JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting '[KBC:</div><div class="quote_post">']Okay, everyone else seems to have one, so to keep this forum active, I thought I'd make one for us. You all know how these work, the person above you posts a question and you answer with Fact (true) or Fiction (false). Then, you ask your own Fact or Fiction question.

I'll start it out:

Fact or Fiction: Sebastian Telfair will lead the team in assists this year.</div>

False- I dont see Bassy getting too many minutes this year(although id like to.) I think Stoudamire or Van Exel will lead the team in assists because they will get much more playing time.

Fact or Fiction: Qyntel Woods will start this year

3. Rod

Rod JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting NickVanExel:</div><div class="quote_post">False- I dont see Bassy getting too many minutes this year(although id like to.) I think Stoudamire or Van Exel will lead the team in assists because they will get much more playing time.

Fact or Fiction: Qyntel Woods will start this year</div>

True: Cheeks gave Q a chance this year and he will give him a chance in the next,especially when he's trying a whole lot harder in this summer and has shown some things,Cheeks got balls,he gave Randolph a chance,he gave Miles a chance over SAR,he gave Bonzi the spot and a chance to shine,and even tryed to give V.Stepania a chance from a time to time...

Fact or Fiction: The Blazers will be a playoff team next year and will pass the first round in the playoff.

4. LACneedGRIZZARD

LACneedGRIZZARD JBB JustBBall Member

Fiction, I believe they'll be a 7 seed, lose to Minnesota in 5 games.

Fact or Fiction: Derek Anderson will still be a Blazer at the seasons beginning?

5. Buckets

Buckets JBB JustBBall Member

Fact: Qyntel Woods isnt ready to be a full-time starting SG and they have Richie Frahm to back him up when he cant start dont they?

Fact or Fiction: Darius Miles will average over 15ppg next season and have a break out season.

6. PippenIsMVP4evr

PippenIsMVP4evr JBB JustBBall Member

FACT: Thats if he resigns

FACT OF FICTION: Bassy will get over 12 minuets a game?

7. Rod

Rod JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting PippenIsMVP4evr:</div><div class="quote_post">FACT: Thats if he resigns

FACT OF FICTION: Bassy will get over 12 minuets a game?</div>

Fact,Cheeks don't like to trust Damon,he don't care playing with 2 PG's so NVE will see a lot of SG min' what means Bassy will get those min' (that is if he'll show he's NBA meterial.

Fact or Fiction: Travis Outlaw will be a total suprise for everybody,especially in the defensive end.

8. BigBadWolf

BigBadWolf JBB JustBBall Member

fact, travis is one of more athletic players in the league and he can play 3 positions

Fact or fiction: Travis will play PF as a backup to Z-Bo

9. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

NOTE:

After a discussion between the JBB moderators and administrators, we have decided to keep these 'fact or fiction' threads, as they are a handy way to discuss the team during the offseason in a light-hearted manner. Please <u>make sure</u> they stay on topic though, any off topic posts will be deleted immediately. In other words, if you don't want to talk about the team in question, don't post. Thanks and happy discussing!

Regards,
    Supersonic
    JBB Moderator.

10. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

Fiction: Outlaw is not a power forward in the West. Unless they go with an ultra small line-up, someone like Stepania will fill the few minutes Randolph isn't on the floor.

Fact or fiction? Zach Randolph will be an All Star.

11. Jurassic

Jurassic Trend Setter

Ok, whoever said that Qyntel will start is smoking some heavy stuff. The Qyntel Woods project was originally to turn him into a point guard, but it failed. That is why they brought in Omar Cook last year. With NVE and Damon ahead of Q, he will be lucky if Cheeks lets him back-up DA.

Anyway, Fiction. Zach is now playing with a Greedier pg in NVE. Also, if Devner's record improves this year they will be deserving of at least one allstar selection from their team. Now that KMart is in the west, Z-Bo's chances are even worse.

Fact or fiction? The Blazers will re-sign Damon rather than NVE at the end of this year.

12. D-Miles

D-Miles JBB JustBBall Member

Fact. Damon did very well last year, and very well ant clutch 3s.

Fact or fiction? if the Blazers do not trade shareef, he will play starting sf instead of darius miles.

13. P.A.P.

P.A.P. JBB Fresh Start

Fiction, it's not a given that Miles will be back. However if he is, I do think Miles will start, if not him maybe Woods, because Abdur-Rahim and Randolph don't go good in the front court.

Fact or Fiction: Nick Van Exel gets traded mid way through the season.

14. Rod

Rod JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Banks:</div><div class="quote_post">Fiction, it's not a given that Miles will be back. However if he is, I do think Miles will start, if not him maybe Woods, because Abdur-Rahim and Randolph don't go good in the front court.

Fact or Fiction: Nick Van Exel gets traded mid way through the season.</div>

Fiction:Nash likes to be cheep at times,he will wait until his contract ends and then maybe offer him a 3 million per year after,but theres a small chance that he will look for a draft pick trade,the chance is small cuz i dont think anyone of the first round picks will be avilable for an ending contract.

15. KBC

KBC JBB JustBBall Member

F/F: We will win a championship under Coach Cheeks.

16. typemilitant

typemilitant JBB JustBBall Member

Fiction, Blazers aren't going to be THAT good.

F/F Blazers will be in top 6 in west.

17. KBC

KBC JBB JustBBall Member

I didn't mean this season I just meant sometime while Cheeks is coaching us...

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">F/F Blazers will be in top 6 in west.</div>
    Fiction. Here's who I think will be the top 6 in the West:

1. Minnesota
    2. San Antonio
    3. Sacramento
    4. Dallas
    5. Los angeles
    6. Houston

We will be in the top 8 though. I predict we will once again be behind the Nuggets though. That leaves us in the 8th and final playoff spot.

Fact or Fiction: Theo Ratlif will lead the league in blocks per game.

18. Buckets

Buckets JBB JustBBall Member

Fact: Theo is probably the best shotblocker I've seen in my day, but he is getting older and Big Ben has to concentrate on hitting the boards more than swatting shots.

Fact or Fiction: Ha-Sueng Jin surprises everyone and makes the All-Rookie 1st team?

19. KBC

KBC JBB JustBBall Member

Fiction. If he does surprise everyone, I still imagine that he will only make the 3rd or 2nd team.

F/F: Telfair will have a better turnover/assist ratio than the other PGs in the draft.

20. P.A.P.

P.A.P. JBB Fresh Start

There's no 3rd rookie team.

Fact...I don't know if you would call "better"...the phrase should be that he'll have the worse turnover/assist ratio in the draft. Though if you're talking about Assist/Turnover ratio, Nelson will lead the Rookies in that.

Fact or Fiction: A Portland Trail Blazer gets suspended this year for law related incidents