Blazers gonna be a top 5 team next year

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by DMiles4MVP, May 4, 2004.

1. STC

STC JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Blazers in 5 over the nets. Nets cant shot, they have no shotters, at least the blazers have Damon and Derek, plus the blazers have a Much better bench, when K-Mart is in foul trouble who is backing him up Rody Rogers? no he is not good enough for Shareef and Zach. I like the nets but they have Zero chances against the west teams, they need to trade for GREAT shotters and learn some half court offense. Nets have fast break points but how much do they really average? not enough to score 100 points.</div>

Yeah, they need SHOOTERS.

2. WhiteManCanJump

WhiteManCanJump Member

Nets would easily beat the Blazers in a best of 7, best of 5, whatever.
    In my opinion, if the Blazers were in the atlantic, they might get a 4 or 5 in the playoffs. If they were in the central, the would get a 6.
    The Blazers will be exactly where they were this year, struggling for the 8 spot and sitting home in May watching the playoffs.
    Randolph is the only bright spot in that whole team; Reef, Theo, etc are all getting old. Darius Miles will average, at best, 13 a game. He cannot shoot, and i dont think he ever will get much better. At least he should use his athleticism to crash the boards, but he doesnt.

3. dachen33

dachen33 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting WhiteManCanJump:</div><div class="quote_post">Nets would easily beat the Blazers in a best of 7, best of 5, whatever.
    In my opinion, if the Blazers were in the atlantic, they might get a 4 or 5 in the playoffs. If they were in the central, the would get a 6.
    The Blazers will be exactly where they were this year, struggling for the 8 spot and sitting home in May watching the playoffs.
    Randolph is the only bright spot in that whole team; Reef, Theo, etc are all getting old. Darius Miles will average, at best, 13 a game. He cannot shoot, and i dont think he ever will get much better. At least he should use his athleticism to crash the boards, but he doesnt.</div>
    Some harsh words, why would the blazers strugle in the east? They are 3and 1 against both the T-Wolves and the kings, they are 2 and 2 against the lakers, (both of those loses are lose by average of 2 because of Kobe Bryant). Then how will the blazers become a "loser" from the east. Also, check out their record after all those trade, they are red hot. Rasheed, Wells, Mcinnis are all trouble makers. Man.. If they have this team from the begining, they will be top five in the west.

4. dachen33

Since Feb. the blazers are 20 wins and 13 loss, so if you take out your calculator and times 20 by 2.5 and 13 by 2.5 you will have
    20*2.5=50
    13*2.5=32.5
    50+32.5 is 82.5
    anyway the blazers can win 50 games matimaticaly, 50 games are top five in the west and compare to east they have a higher record than New Jersey, plus being in the east means they have to play the hawks, celtics, nets, sixers,...twice more and playing LAKERS, KINGS, T-WOLVES less = higher record then Indiana.

5. dachen33

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting WhiteManCanJump:</div><div class="quote_post">
    Randolph is the only bright spot in that whole team; Reef, Theo, etc are all getting old. Darius Miles will average, at best, 13 a game. He cannot shoot, and i dont think he ever will get much better. At least he should use his athleticism to crash the boards, but he doesnt.</div>
    are you making your hypothesis base on their stats? did you watch any blazers games at all, Theo is so sweet man, can anyone from the Mavericks, Nets, and Pacers, block Kobe Bryant twice in a quarter...hmm...Let me see, Dirk...no...K-Mart...no...JO....NO. Who told you that Darius Miles cant shot, he really improve his range, that is how he average about 20 points per game in March. Hey im a big nets fan but D-Miles can dunk and block better than RJ. Blazers in five over the nets. Blazers in 6 over the pacers. Blazers in 6 over the Mavericks.

6. Rod

Rod JBB JustBBall Member

I gotta say that im really looking forword to see Qyntel Woods in the Next games,i read that he really wants to improve and take his game to another level,he said he's going to spend time with the coaching Staff and try harder,and the last guy who said that in the Blazers was Zach so just imagen Qyntel as the Most improved player of the year,you gotta want to see what can a constant T-mac comparison be.

7. N4S

N4S BBW Member

What the heck, the Blazers are going to be a top 5 team next year yeah maybe in the division. They don't even have 1 all-star on that team. Zach Randolph is good but not considered even 1 of the top 20 players in the league. And for Shareef, he has already hit his peak years ago. I'm surprised they haven't tried to move this francise yet due to all the issues they have. People talk about AI being a thug and a trouble maker, will someone please look at this whole team.

Ok, Top 5 teams in the NBA 2005 season :

1. Dallas
    2. Detroit
    3. Minn.
    4. Houston
    5. Indy
    6. Sacramento
    7. Hmmm, I don't see the Blazers here or even anywhere near here.

8. DaAnswer3

DaAnswer3 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting DMiles4MVP:</div><div class="quote_post">yes, Top 5 team in the West next year, Laker are done after this year so we're gonna take that spot.

D-Miles gonna have a breakout year and with Zach moving up the ladder of the best PF's in the league, who knows how good the team will be if they can get a star 2 guard in the offseason, or at least an upgrade over Derek Anderson(plays no defense and is way too inconsistent shooting, shot 37 this year? ouch)</div>

not top 5 when u draft players like Telfair at number 13 [​IMG]

9. N4S

N4S BBW Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting DaAnswer3:</div><div class="quote_post">not top 5 when u draft players like Telfair at number 13 [​IMG]</div>

That was a great reply, hahaha I Love It. Telfair = Flop.

10. DaAnswer3

yup he will be in the nbdl soon enough

11. TheThinman

TheThinman JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting pgrudo00:</div><div class="quote_post">What the heck, the Blazers are going to be a top 5 team next year yeah maybe in the division. They don't even have 1 all-star on that team. Zach Randolph is good but not considered even 1 of the top 20 players in the league. And for Shareef, he has already hit his peak years ago. I'm surprised they haven't tried to move this francise yet due to all the issues they have.</div>

Now wether the Blazers will be a top 10 team next year is debatable. But 1) Do the Pistons have even one legitimate All-Star? 2) The argument could be made that Zach is one of the 20 best in the league, but well know for sure by the next All-Star break. 3) Um....I dont know if you know this but Shareef will not be a Blazer next year. 4) The Bazers have not had any where near the problems that the media makes it out to be. And they have not had any problems (major or minor) since we got rid of that mental midget Wallace and the overrated Wells.

12. DaAnswer3

I would say the Pistons have 3 legit all stars in the East. Rip Wallace an Wallace. Prolly even Billups if he keeps getting better as he stays with the Pistons.

13. dachen33

Well why do the blazers draft Telifare...becaue he is a GREat passer, he loves to pass

14. dachen33

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting pgrudo00:</div><div class="quote_post">What the heck, the Blazers are going to be a top 5 team next year yeah maybe in the division. They don't even have 1 all-star on that team. Zach Randolph is good but not considered even 1 of the top 20 players in the league. And for Shareef, he has already hit his peak years ago. I'm surprised they haven't tried to move this francise yet due to all the issues they have. People talk about AI being a thug and a trouble maker, will someone please look at this whole team.

Ok, Top 5 teams in the NBA 2005 season :

1. Dallas
    2. Detroit
    3. Minn.
    4. Houston
    5. Indy
    6. Sacramento
    7. Hmmm, I don't see the Blazers here or even anywhere near here.</div>

Hmm...Dallas if they do get Shaq, number one
    Detroit number two...no way blazers are better than them.
    Minn. If spree and hudson leaves and Cassel gets injured good luck
    Houston, if Dallas didnt get Shaq they can be number one or two
    Indy- with AL Harrigton and Ron Artest gets trade away i can not see they will still wins 60 games
    Sacramento...C-Webb mess up everything

my ranking

1. Dallas
    2. San Antonio
    3. Houston
    4. Sacromento
    5. Blazers hey is why

PG Damon and Telifare
    You guys seems to look down on Telifare too much, he is doing what a point guard should do, handle the ball well, pass the ball, and score if the teams needs it.

SG Sergie Monya and Ray Allen???(trade with Shareef) Quentin Richardson??(free agent)

Monya is just like AK47 in the jazz with better shooting. There are articles about Q. want to unite with his old teamate Darius Miles, i love that.

SF Darius Miles, Viktor Khryapa
    Darius Miles, has show not only potiental but consisences. Viktor, he is a defensive stopper, he can shut down people.

PF Zach, and Shareef?? Travis Oultaw
    We all know how good zach is, Shareef will traded away, hopefully Ray Allen, Travis Outlaw...he is so atheltic. He can shot 10 to 15 feet jumpers pretty good.

C Theo Ratliff and Ha Seung Jin
    Theo is Soooo crazy, he is a force inside, he blocked, Kobe, C-Webb, Yao and courtless people. Those player have to throw the ball high just to avoid hm. That will cause the other team to take bad shots. Ha Seung Jin, he is a sleeper in this draft. He is like Yao, but with more athetism and more agreesiveness, a 7 foot 3 korean with agressive attuditute is a force..

The blazers have outside shooters (Monya, Derek Anderson, Damon, Q. (free agent) Ray Allen(trade) or even Kerry Kittle.
    They have inside players Zach, Shareef if he stays.
    They have great defenders Khryapa and Darius Miles
    They are gonna be top 5 next year.

15. Vintage

Vintage Defeating Communism...

PG- Telfair is not ready to make an immediate contribution. He is small and needs to bulk up. Until then, he will be abused and abused defensively. It doesn't matter how many points you score if you cant stop your opponent. Telfair needs to develop a better shot. He isn't consistent enough. He has good handles and is a good passer, but his defense and lack of ability to score(Id like to see him try to finish at the basket against the big guys) wont translate to a good rookie year.

Stoudemire....Please. Blazer fans want him gone and complain about him all the time.

Translation: Portland still needs PG help.

Anderson has been off and on injured as of late. His shot wasn't very good last year. Q isn't going to Portland. He can be offered much more money by LaC, who will most likely keep him. Ray Allen for Shareef? If that happens, it would be an improvement, but I doubt it does. As for Monia....?

Miles starting? LOL. Doubt it. He has no shot. He is good defender with good athleticism. But he brings no outside shot to the Blazers, which they sorely need.

One of the European players you drafted is staying overseas. Forgot which one, but its been reported.

Randolph is a good offensive player, but his defense sucks. And thats not me saying that. Thats all Blazer fans saying that.

Ha Seung Jin? You said he was Yao with more athleticism and fierceness? If that was true, he'd of been the #1 pick. There is a reason he wasn't picked until the second round. He wont be as much of a contributor as you seem to think he is.

Fact of the matter is, the Blazers missed the playoffs last year.

Adding Monia, Telfair, and Ha Seung Jin won't make them a top 5 team. Count on that.

16. N4S

N4S BBW Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Vintage:</div><div class="quote_post">Adding Monia, Telfair, and Ha Seung Jin won't make them a top 5 team. Count on that.</div>

Thank You, the Lord has spoken!!! Right on!

17. DaAnswer3

lol but didn't they get two kids for russia if so then they are top 5 for sure [​IMG]

18. Rod

Rod JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting dachen33:</div><div class="quote_post">Hmm...Dallas if they do get Shaq, number one
    Detroit number two...no way blazers are better than them.
    Minn. If spree and hudson leaves and Cassel gets injured good luck
    Houston, if Dallas didnt get Shaq they can be number one or two
    Indy- with AL Harrigton and Ron Artest gets trade away i can not see they will still wins 60 games
    Sacramento...C-Webb mess up everything

my ranking

1. Dallas
    2. San Antonio
    3. Houston
    4. Sacromento
    5. Blazers hey is why

PG Damon and Telifare
    You guys seems to look down on Telifare too much, he is doing what a point guard should do, handle the ball well, pass the ball, and score if the teams needs it.

SG Sergie Monya and Ray Allen???(trade with Shareef) Quentin Richardson??(free agent)

Monya is just like AK47 in the jazz with better shooting. There are articles about Q. want to unite with his old teamate Darius Miles, i love that.

SF Darius Miles, Viktor Khryapa
    Darius Miles, has show not only potiental but consisences. Viktor, he is a defensive stopper, he can shut down people.

PF Zach, and Shareef?? Travis Oultaw
    We all know how good zach is, Shareef will traded away, hopefully Ray Allen, Travis Outlaw...he is so atheltic. He can shot 10 to 15 feet jumpers pretty good.

C Theo Ratliff and Ha Seung Jin
    Theo is Soooo crazy, he is a force inside, he blocked, Kobe, C-Webb, Yao and courtless people. Those player have to throw the ball high just to avoid hm. That will cause the other team to take bad shots. Ha Seung Jin, he is a sleeper in this draft. He is like Yao, but with more athetism and more agreesiveness, a 7 foot 3 korean with agressive attuditute is a force..

The blazers have outside shooters (Monya, Derek Anderson, Damon, Q. (free agent) Ray Allen(trade) or even Kerry Kittle.
    They have inside players Zach, Shareef if he stays.
    They have great defenders Khryapa and Darius Miles
    They are gonna be top 5 next year.</div>

i think that Marion can make this team better then with Allen,ray is injured all the time,every year he takes more money and his defense is not as good,better shooting though is in the favor of allen...

Monia wil not be joining us this year,he will play with CSKA and maybe next year we'll see him,the Euroleauge tornement was hosted around here so ive got a bad impression from Monia anyway.
    and about the other russian -i say trust no European to be a star,this pick was a waste and final annoucement that the Blazers gave Bonzi wells and the 3mil for free.
    Nash is stupid my gamble is that he will trade Shareef for Mutambo.

And about Quentin,the Blazers are after something similar or better from what i understand - Stephan Jeckson,but they need to compete with 5 other teams for him and DA will not sit on the Bench anyway so its kinda stupid to bring another SG,Sf(unless Nash will show that he have a brain for once and Trade Da and Shareef, and will go to a total rebuild,the blazers are not going anywhere with this roster anyway).

And Bonzi was not overraited he's the only guy who showed hart in last year's playoffs.

19. Vintage

Vintage Defeating Communism...

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting pgrudo00:</div><div class="quote_post">Thank You, the Lord has spoken!!! Right on!</div>

Damn straight :mrgreen:

20. Mez

Mez JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting pgrudo00:</div><div class="quote_post">Ok, Top 5 teams in the NBA 2005 season :

1. Dallas
    2. Detroit
    3. Minn.
    4. Houston
    5. Indy
    6. Sacramento
    7. Hmmm, I don't see the Blazers here or even anywhere near here.</div>

Ever heard of the San Antonio Spurs? Don't count them out of the top 5 as long as they have Tim Duncan.