Blazers in worldwide media

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Almir, Feb 2, 2018.

1. Almir

Almir Well-Known Member

well you can enjoy this as City are phenomenal. Could be surprise in Champions league...i am fan of their biggets enemy Man United :) but the fact is that City are better at the moment no any doubt.

2. Almir

Almir Well-Known Member

lol i know what you mean :) there is 0-0 draw as well :) but we are looking at it on some diferent way, hard to explain :) sometimes i like 1-0 win in some specific match more than 10-0 (which btw cannont happen in serious soccer leagues)..a lot of stars who are close to the end of their carriers went to the USA soccer clubs but they still know how to play that game and pretty much strenghten your national league.

kjironman1 likes this.
  3. Almir

Almir Well-Known Member

yeah it is note that Nurks defense is very important for PTB and it is only question now against who PTB will play in play off.

I personally cannot wait till the play off..i am very excited to see what PTB can do..

kjironman1 likes this.
  4. SIeepwalker

SIeepwalker The lone sane poster

[​IMG]

BBert likes this.
  5. Boob-No-More

Boob-No-More Why you no hire big man coach?

@Almir, honest question: is PTB the standard abbreviation for the Portland Trail Blazers in the Bosnian media? I have never seen that abbreviation until the Bosnian fans started posting here.

The NBA has official three letter abbreviations for every team. For the Blazers, the abbreviation is POR. There doesn't seem to be any standard.

Most abbreviations is just the first three letters of the city or state the team plays in (BOS, TOR, CLE, IND, WAS, MIL, MIA, DET, ATL, ORL, HOU, PHO, POR, MEM, CHI, MIN, UTA, PHI, DEN, SAC, DAL.

Some include two letters to identify the city/state, followed by the first letter of the team's nickname (SAS, LAL, LAC, NOP, NYK, GSW).

Some others seem to follow no set pattern (OKC, BRK, CHO). Charlotte not being CHA makes sense, because that was the abbreviation used for the Charlotte Bobcats.

BNM

SIeepwalker likes this.
  6. Almir

Almir Well-Known Member

No it is not (PTB) honestly (in media), most of the times it is full name or only Blazers. I write like that, it is individual choice, but we mostly always write first letters.

7. Almir

Almir Well-Known Member

I am delighted to see such positive vibes regarding the Blazers and Nurk as well. The Team plays amazing, Nurk is again in beast mode. In that mood our media reports as well. Today is attention on win over Pelicans. There was firts raport from the match with note of domination of Lillard and Nurk in that match.

second article is (link below) with Nurk's highlights and as well that show with Lillard during his interview..

https://sportsport.ba/kosarka/nurkic-napravio-show-protiv-pelicansa-a-zatim-ohladio-lillarda/272177

Great time to be Blazers fan, no doubt.

8. Labinot41

Labinot41 Well-Known Member

Blazers vs Pelicans preview in German Media. Headline: "Lillard vs Davis, fight of the modern Gladiators.". Prediction Blazers in 7 Screenshot_20180413-173111_SPOX.jpg

PtldPlatypus and e_blazer like this.
  9. Labinot41

Headline: Jrue Holiday, the Nightmare for Lillard Screenshot_20180418-161520_SPOX.jpg

10. TBpup

TBpup Writing Team

Investment Management / Financial Planner
    Where is the local media at least questioning Stotts? Do any of them have the objectivity to even bring it up the possibility that he is not that great of a coach? They handle him with such kid gloves.

He is 12-26 in the Playoffs and 3 of those wins came after the Clippers lost Chris Paul. 1 win came on one of the most miraculous shots you will ever see that won't be repeated any time soon. Take out those 4 wins and his winning percentage in the Playoff is 25%...and he is getting out-coached by ALVIN GENTRY in this series.

If we are fans are counting on those types of things to happen to achieve Playoff success, I suggest we look elsewhere and at least try a different direction.

11. Labinot41

Even the German Media in that article is asking Why Stotts not running other plays when the Pnr isn't working against Davis and Holiday. And they Ask Why no double Team against Davis or holiday making other Pelicans Players beat the Blazers? Stotts looks like a amateur in German Media when it comes to Adjustments

tester551, PtldPlatypus and TBpup like this.
  12. tester551

tester551 Well-Known Member

He looks like an amateur to those of us who have a bit more objectivity. To TBpup's point - why is no one in the local media questioning his lack of adjustments?

I think it was Quick who sent out a tweet before game 2 saying that Stotts had a surprise adjustment that they might deploy if they needed to. I'm assuming that "surprise" was benching Nurk & playing small.

TBpup likes this.
  13. Labinot41

Article from Germany, says Blazers should break the Backcourt and try Everything as much as possible to trade Evan turnover Screenshot_20180423-212234_SPOX.jpg

14. Lanny

Lanny Original Season Ticket Holder "Mr. Big Shot"

Elec. & Computer Engineer OSU Computer Science PSU
    PTB was easy to figure out.

15. Boob-No-More

Boob-No-More Why you no hire big man coach?

I had no trouble figuring it out. I was just curios if it's a standardized abbreviation outside of North America.

BNM

16. Lukee

Lukee Well-Known Member

It's not.

17. Almir

Almir Well-Known Member

Nurk played charity match in one small place in Bosnia, aim is to provide funds for one young man from that place who is very ill. Nice by Nurk, nothing new, he is a man with big hart. I attached the picture of the charity match and here is the link of the story:

https://sportsport.ba/kosarka/potez...kic-igrao-humanitarni-mec-u-zivinicama/279252

and now litlle bit off topic but i heard one joke and must share with you :) so i heard that new game NBA 2K19 will be so real, that as per example assist will be disabled when Jordan Clarkson has the ball :)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 10, 2018
  18. BonesJones

BonesJones https://www.youtube.com/c/blazersuprise

If its truly realistic then shooting will be disabled when J.R. Smith has the ball with less the 5 seconds on the clock.

riverman, Almir and rotary111 like this.
  19. Almir

Almir Well-Known Member

and that of course :)

BonesJones likes this.
  20. Labinot41

I don't buy 2k19 this year, it's allways the same Game every year. Same like Fifa