BLAZERS LOSE #1 DRAFT PICK!

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by 3RA1N1AC, Apr 6, 2016.

1. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

I wont. :)

2. Tunchi

Tunchi Well-Known Member

Listen I wanted the pick bad just like everybody on this forum knows but there's no way I'm knocking Olshey on that one.

We had to make a trade to bolster our bench last year and make LMA happy to stay. So again there's no way to knock Neil on that

3. BBert

BBert Weasels Ripped My Flesh

Selfless Public Servant
    Once it was clear we wouldn't be bad enough for a top 10 set of lotto numbers, it was playoffs or bust.

When some folks lamented the playoffs would be a tragedy, I think they meant getting creamed by GS or SA to the tune of 30 points a game.

Getting the fifth seed is the best case scenario, and something no rational person would have expected before the season.

I love this team!

:cheers:

oldmangrouch and GriLtCheeZ like this.
  4. Cippy91

Cippy91 Habitual Line Stepper

Some people are still stuck on this "should of kept the pick shit". Yeah? 14th pick? making moves huh? "WELL LOOK AT KAWHI LEONARD AND ALL THESE OTHER PLAYERS". Excuse me sir, do you know the odds of that? Would rather this team compete and grow, playoff experience. 2nd round or not, this team has way overachieved so I am good with whatever.

5. PtldPlatypus

PtldPlatypus Let's go Baby Blazers! Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

I prefer asset appreciation. If we sucked all year, the players we have wouldn't be worth what they're worth now. As I and others have been saying from day 1, adding a #8 pick to a pile of crap is not as good as adding a 2017 pick to a playoff team.

Oh yeah, that's the other thing everyone forgets. If we missed the playoffs this year, we probably would have made them next year and lost our 2017 pick. As of this moment, we now unconditionally own that pick. So not only do we have a good team, we also have absolute certainty over our future pick status, something we didn't have until we clinched. We also have the latitude to trade our 2018 pick before the draft (something we wouldn't have been able to do if we missed the playoffs), or could even trade our 2017 pick after the draft (again, something we couldn't have done if we missed the playoffs). So, you can focus on what we've lost out on, but I prefer to focus on the multiple things we've gained.

GriLtCheeZ likes this.
  6. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

Yeah we lost the number 1 draft pick because the Lakers or Sixers were definatley going to trade us our 15th pick for it