Exclusive Blazers Loss to Thunder Cuts Deep

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Chris Craig, Mar 8, 2019.

1. kjironman1

kjironman1 Well-Known Member

Yeah should have beat the Thunder and the Griz. Glad they beat the Suns. Now go beat the "No Good Clippers!".

2. CupWizier

CupWizier Well-Known Member

retired
    No doubt we missed an opportunity just like any of the teams in the playoff hunt that has had losses recently. Look at OKC's record over the last 10 games. Only one team in the top 10 had a better record than Portland over the last 10 games and we played at a .700 winning percentage clip which is well above where we have been. Expecting more than that, although would definitely have been nice but doesn't seem to be a realistic expectation.

3. CupWizier

retired
    well if it isn't something that follows the rules then it shouldn't be posted, but if it follows the rules then by all means post it. I'm up for a good debate. :bgrin:

4. TorturedBlazerFan

TorturedBlazerFan Well-Known Member

Baby Daddy
    Well, I agree about expectations, and the OKC game could've gone either way, but at this point in the year, they just should have beat Memphis especially after having a sizeable lead. That was the head scratcher and the OKC game was a groin punch. Not that all is lost there's still plenty of games left, but it was a downer that's for sure.

5. hoopsjock

hoopsjock Well-Known Member

Business Owner
    What @Chris Craig asked of us had nothing to do with rules violations or anyone getting banned. He simply asked that we stopped going at it in this thread so I am going to continue to respect that request.

PtldPlatypus and Chris Craig like this.
  6. CupWizier

retired
    but in reality, were those losses totally unexpected? Memphis 7th game on the road and the end of a 7 game road trip right after the all star break. OKC was a playoff atmosphere kind of game as was the Toronto game and both of those could have gone either way. Losing a sizeable lead is also very common in the NBA today especially now with so many teams shooting the 3 ball as it can get a team back into a game fairly quick. Hey, I want us to win every game, but I have always taken the approach in my playing days and fan cheering days for many teams over the years that I move on after a loss and look towards the next game rather than dwelling on what has already happened and can't be changed. Nowhere have i ever denied the missed opportunity, but also pleased that we were able to recover to where we were with OKC before we played them.

7. CupWizier

retired
    Simple solution don't "go at it" then and respond with respect. Having a discussion like what those of us that have been participating this morning should be perfectly acceptable. If you are going to bow out, then that's your call.

8. hoopsjock

hoopsjock Well-Known Member

Business Owner
    :lipssealed:

9. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

Understood. The thing about getting ahead taking advantage of those unrealistic situations and making them real.

Yes, Things evened out, but if we would have won those two games, we would be ahead, not even. And I don't think it is unrealistic to say we could have and should have won both of those games.

Chris Craig and hoopsjock like this.
  10. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

Where do you get that I am trying to reinvent history? I know what the reality is. I have been stating that very thing. My article and this thread simply speak on the fact that those two losses sucked ass. I am not being unrealistic. The Blazers should have and were expected to beat Memphis. They could have beat the Thunder. Winning those games were not unrealstic. The Blazers had a shot, they missed it, and its a kick in the balls. I am glad they are back tied with OKC. They could be in third right now, which a chance at the 2. That is all but gone. They are currently tied in 4th, technically 5th because the tie breaker. They lost their footing. The best we can do is hope they win the majority of their games and try to remain positive. That doesn't change that it sucks.

11. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

Yes the Blazers missed an oppurtunity THATS THE WHOLE POINT! We have played well considering I agree.

Beating Memphis was a realistic expectation. The Blazers could have beat OKC too. They didn't.

If we face OKC in the first round is it unrealstic to think we stand a chance against them in the series then?

hoopsjock and Orion Bailey like this.
  12. CupWizier

retired
    What was the purpose of showing my old posts? :dunno:

hoopsjock likes this.
  13. jonnyboy

jonnyboy Well-Known Member

Didn’t we have a regular season sweep on the Pels last year?

HailBlazers likes this.
  14. CupWizier

retired
    Well, when you start putting wins in that were losses then that's not being realistic. I don't think any fan likes losses, but it's a fact of sports. Saying we would be in better shape if we beat Memphis and OKC is no doubt true. It didn't happen though.

15. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

We all know it didn't happen. Why cant you let us vent over it? Your insistence to try to turn us around is only prolonging this discussion that wont waiver.

Agree to disagree and move on and let those who want to vent, vent in a venting thread?

UKRAINEFAN, Chris Craig and hoopsjock like this.
  16. wizenheimer

wizenheimer Well-Known Member

no, it was 2-2 and I think AD missed 2 of the games

jonnyboy and hoopsjock like this.
  17. CupWizier

retired
    So now differing views are not allowed in this forum? If you need to vent there was a thread created as a meltdown thread for venting. I expect threads to be made for discussion and all views welcome that are done in the appropriate manner. I'm not insisting on anything and definitely no more than you and a few others. Just having a discussion. Seems I am getting flack from the same usual suspects for expressing my views and opinions.

I'm done as continue with the venting if that's what you need.

18. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

Its just because we keep going in circles man. If this was a positive thread and we kept saying the same negative stuff over and over i would fully expect others to tell me to move on.

We were having a discussion. We all voiced our opinions, yours was in the minority. yet you keep pressing it on those that disagree and it gets old.

Thats all.
    Not trying to be mean or anything ese. Not trying to limit free speech, but sometimes common sense is just common sense you know? Meaning... You voice your opinion, debated it, most disagreed and common sense would be to move on and let those that disagree have thier venting moment.

Like the common sense you exhibited in your last sentence. sometimes there is nothing to be gained and ya just have to agree to disagree and move on.
    :cheers:

hoopsjock likes this.
  19. CupWizier

retired
    I thought we were done, but I guess not. Key word is we, as in you, me and the others who have been participating. Not sure why it's my responsibility to move on as you or anyone could have done it just as easily. I was responding to posts and responses back to me. You don't like my opinion but that's no reason to try and discourage someone for posting their opinion. Let's end this okay.

:abeer:

20. TorturedBlazerFan

TorturedBlazerFan Well-Known Member

Baby Daddy
    We havent really recovered though because Houstons kept winning.

I get it, move on to the next game thats how athletes are, learn from the last one and prepare for the next.

Even Stotts had a recent interview talking about how important each game is and how the losses to Memphis and OKC really effected their playoff positioning. To me thats the whole point of the thread, is that those losses stung a bit. All losses count the same at the end of the day, and sure you’re gonna lose games. No ones implying you’re happy they lost.

I think its perfectly reasonable for fans, athletes, coaches, etc to lose a game and reflect about it, look at it critically, want things to get better.

It almost seems like there is a dichotomy here, where maybe some of reflect and criticize to much, and theres a few here who almost want to pretend the losses didnt happen because the only thing that matters is the next game. There may be a bit of hyperbole sprinkled in there, and you’re welcomed to you’re opinion, I just dont really agree with it and maybe thats just something we’ll have to agree to disagree on.