Blazers Roll Call

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Ghost, Aug 5, 2003.

1. mook

mook The 2018-19 season was the best I've seen

Buy a recipe binder at CookbookPeople.com
    Re: Blazer Roll Call

How long have you been a fan? Since 1990 or so. Before then, all I could see out here in Idaho were Utah Jazz games. Luckily I went to college in Eugene where enough brain cells were destroyed to make me forget about uh, hey, is that a Twinkie?

Who is your current favorite player? Greg Oden, for the same reason that every Blazer fan on the planet loves Greg Oden. He hasn't played yet. When he does, he'll ruin everything by exposing the fact that he is actually mortal, and such mortality can be an indication of deep and scarring character flaws that we should pick over repeatedly. Hopefully we can run him out of town in two or three years so we can draft a really wholesome, flawless player, unlike that bum Greg Oden.

Who is your All Time favorite player? Chris Dudley. I saw him once miss 20 straight free throws in warmups before a game. Seriously. How many people do you know would take that many free throws and miss in the middle of an arena? After I whiffed my third air ball I'd scratch my chin and remember that I had something really important to do anywhere else. Maybe shag balls for Erik Barkley.

What was your favorite moment? The third quarter of the 2000 Western Conference Finals.

2. BlazerWookee

BlazerWookee UNTILT THE DAMN PINWHEEL!

Gear Finisher

How long have you been a fan? Since 1975

Who is your current favorite player? Joel Przybilla

Who is your All Time favorite player? Arvydas Sabonis

What was your favorite moment? When Brandon got up quickly after Joel stepped on his chest...

3. ehizzy3

ehizzy3 RIP mgb

How long have you been a fan? since i can remember(my first favorite player was jr rider)

Who is your current favorite player? Brandon Roy, Aldridge, and Oden

Who is your All Time favorite player? I would say clyde but i was never old enough to watch him. sooooooooo sabonis!

What was your favorite moment? Winning the lottery in 2007

4. julius

julius Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

singer songwriter

I don't remember not being a fan.

Favorite current player is probably Brandon. All time favorite is Jimmy Pax.

My favorite moment is when Paxson passed Petrie as the all time leading scorer and Glickman got the announcement wrong.

5. Minstrel

Minstrel Top Of The Pops Global Moderator

User Interface Designer

How long have you been a fan? Since the 1999-2000 season. I became a Portland Trailblazers fan due to Scottie Pippen joining the team, but have remained a fan post-Pippen.

Who is your current favorite player? Brandon Roy. I love slick play-making perimeter players. Roy is so smooth, smart and passes so gracefully.

Who is your All Time favorite player? Scottie Pippen.

What was your favorite moment? Pippen nailing the three-pointer to put away the Utah Jazz in the 2000 playoffs.

6. barfo

barfo triggered obsessive commie pinko Staff Member Global Moderator

How long have you been a fan? I don't remember. It sort of grew on me very gradually. I remember when we won back in '77 I could not have cared less.

Who is your current favorite player? Channing Frye. I've also got a soft spot in my head for Sergio.

Who is your All Time favorite player? Jason Jennings

What was your favorite moment? Hasn't come yet, but maybe at the end of this season...

barfo

7. Jurassic

Jurassic Trend Setter

Been a fan longer than anyone here. I love my northwest teams.

Favorite current player: B-Roy, since he was at UW. I also looking forward to seeing what Rudy Fernandez will do this year. I'm miss the Sheed-Bonzi-Mighty

All-time favorite player: Clyde the Glide.

Favorite fan moment: So many, even the ones that were "almost" moments. The year we almost came back from 3 down and took Dallas to seven games. The trash talk between Ruben Patterson and Kobe. The Drexler-Porter Days, etc. And who could forget the year we almost drafter Jordan.

I'm such a huge fan they called me Trail Blazer in high school....hopefully this year the team will be fun to watch again.

8. BoBoBREWSKI

BoBoBREWSKI BURP!

How long have you been a fan? 1975

Who is your current favorite player? I like em' all.

Who is your All Time favorite player? Terry Porter

What was your favorite moment? Lots of great moments.

:cheers:

9. Reep

Reep Well-Known Member

How long have you been a fan?

Went to a game as a kid with Petrie, listened to the 1977 games on radio, really started following in the late Paxson era.

Who is your current favorite player?

I like the team a whole right now, but I'll say Roy. At the end of the year it could easily be Rudy or Oden.

Who is your All Time favorite player?

Has to be Clyde. I loved him at Houston and couldn't believe it when we got him.

What was your favorite moment?

Terry's half court ally-oop to Clyde that was above and behind him, but he still reached for it with one hand and threw it down.

More recently, last year when LMA called Ricky Davis a "Bitch" after sinking some free throws while Ricky was trash talking him.

10. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!

How long have you been a fan? 26 years.

Who is your current favorite player? Brandon Roy (cliche I know)

Who is your All Time favorite player? Reggie Miller (blasphemy)

What was your favorite moment? Winning the lottery for Oden.

11. BLAZER PROPHET

BLAZER PROPHET Well-Known Member

dental malpractice claims adjuster

How long have you been a fan? Since the first year (I was there)

Who is your current favorite player? Webster (read my posts- it shows)

Who is your All Time favorite player? Larry Steele

What was your favorite moment? 3..........2...........1.........WORLD CHAMPIONS

12. 1 Eye Jack

1 Eye Jack Well-Known Member

Vice President for Display company

How long have you been a fan? Since 78 (damn that makes me old)

Who is your current favorite player? Brandon Roy- I like players who raise the level of their teammates.

Who is your All Time favorite player? Hate to admit it but one of my favorite players to watch was Billy Ray Bates. After that Jerome Kersey, Clyde, Porter.

What was your favorite moment? Loved the run the Blazers made between 89-92.

Most hated team- LAKERS

13. gatorpops

gatorpops Allen Crabb hits winning shot on Nov24 vs Blazers

Honey-Do's

How long have you been a fan? Since before day one! Remember being excited reading in the O that Glickman and other were trying to get a franchise. Dream came true. I am older than dirt.

Who is your favorite player? Bobby Gross Played a lot like Rudy, moving all the time and Walton would find him.

What is your favorite moment? All of them! If I have to choose - that Chanpionship day!

Who is your favorite current player? Probably Roy as of now, but really all of the current team.

g

14. TradeNurkicNow

TradeNurkicNow Resident OT Section Crank

How long have you been a fan? Since '92. I was seven.

Who is your current favorite player? Gotta be Roy.

Who is your All Time favorite player? Sabonis.

What was your favorite moment? Being at the game where we beat the Lakers when Roy made Kobe look silly.

15. Sedatedfork

Sedatedfork Rip City Rhapsody

How long have you been a fan? Since 1982 or 1983, age 6 or 7.

Who is your current favorite player? Wow, that's tough. I like reading Frye's blog -- sounds very bright and down to earth. Love Roy and Outlaw's game. But I have been craving that dominant big man since Shaq was a rookie, so I have to go with Oden.

Who is your All Time favorite player? It may be sound cliche, but it's Clyde.

What was your favorite moment? Loved the Game 2 victory over the Pistons. But my favorite moment was being at the Rose Garden in 2000 for Game 5 against the Jazz with Blazers down by 2 and Pippen makes a clutch 3 pointer to help seal the win. The Rose Garden was the loudest I have ever seen it.

16. BlazerCaravan

BlazerCaravan Hug a Bigot... to Death

Ive been a fan since January, 1990. I happened upon the second half (and two subsequent overtimes) of the Portland/Lakers game... the game that solidified my permanent fandom.

My favorite current player is... crud, I don't know. LMA maybe, or Channing Frye. I love their style of play, all finesse and loose on the floor.

All time favorite Blazer? Cliff Robinson. He was my favorite growing up, to the point where it broke my heart that he couldn't perform in the playoffs after that dropped pass.

Favorite Moment with the Blazers? I tend to forget quickly, but Viktor Krhyapa shutting down Kobe Bryant in the 4th to help the WORST Blazer team I'd ever seen beat the Lkaers was pretty awesome.

17. The Professional Fan

The Professional Fan Big League Scrub

How long have you been a fan? Since I went to my first game in the mid 80's

Who is your current favorite player? If Rudy pans out, he'll end up being my fave. I love his game. Hopefully it translates to the NBA

Who is your All Time favorite player? Gotta be TP. Very clutch player. Very competitive player.

What was your favorite moment? Uhhhh.....1990 WCF, game 6 win vs Phoenix. I was freaking out. Literally.

18. Draco

Draco Well-Known Member

Since I was in 3rd grade in 90 and we played Detroit in the finals

Oden

Porter

'99 going to the WCF in the lockout season, I had a blast watching that team with my buddies on Blazer cable because we'd all pitch in and really get into those games. That was more of a surprise year and just a fun 1-10 team.

19. Stepping Razor

Stepping Razor Member

How long have you been a fan?
    As long as I can remember... since sometime in the early 80s, when I was a kid. The first individual Blazer I remember being a fan of was Fat Lever. (As a 5 year old, I thought his name was hilarious.)

Who is your current favorite player?
    This is a really tough call. Roy? Oden? Rudy?

Who is your All Time favorite player?
    Buck Williams. I wore #52 in his honor for every team I ever played for. Stoked that it's going to be back on the floor this year on the back of Greg Oden.

What was your favorite moment?
    Probably Game 7 vs. the Spurs in the 1990 Playoffs second round. Somehow my mom got us really good tickets, just under the basket... Duck came out of the tunnel before the game with his broken hand wrapped in a cast, ready to play... we had an amazing last-minute comeback to win in OT. Loved it!

20. Tortimer

Tortimer Well-Known Member

Welcome to S2 Stepping Razor.