Free Agent Blazers sign Cameron McGriff

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Scalma, Dec 24, 2021.

1. SharpesTriumph

SharpesTriumph Well-Known Member

Meyers was a joke on a multi year 8 figure contract.

I always thought he was a Matt Bonner style change of pace interesting 12th man. Thought so then when people were saying that we should max him instead of letting him become an UFA, or later people saying it was good value signing him to that stupid contract.

But he is better than what he is doing now being out of the league and he is better than multiple players on our roster. So I'm more than happy bringing him in on a minimum or non guaranteed deal.

Cugel likes this.
  2. GrandpaBlaze

GrandpaBlaze Predictions Game Master

He wouldn’t help on any kind of regular basis. Perhaps once in a while he proves useful.

I wouldn’t bother. Not a long-term prospect so use this opportunity to try out a bunch of relative unknowns and see if any of them pan out.

I’d rather have unknowns fighting for a spot than an over-the-hill ex-retiree or someone who has already proven they are a minimal role player at best.

3. calvin natt

calvin natt Confeve

It is 100% because of Lillard. If Blevins was cut tomorrow not a single team would pick him up.

4. Scalma

Scalma Well-Known Member

I also don’t think he’s good enough for Europe. I have one in the family and Blevins isn’t even on that level. Probably not g league either. He’s the ex college player you see at the rec every Thursday.

calvin natt and e_blazer like this.
  5. calvin natt

calvin natt Confeve

100%. He is flat out not a pro. It’s frustrating and pathetic he’s been taking up space. Maybe he could play some bottom tier league somewhere strange like Iraq, maybe.

Scalma likes this.