Blazers Sign Cliff Alexander

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Blazer Freak, Jul 24, 2015.

1. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

This is you:

[​IMG]

2. 0-Our!

0-Our! Noob-ish

Actually... I thought this was her:[​IMG]

Orion Bailey and dviss1 like this.
  3. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

Orion Bailey and 0-Our! like this.
  4. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

If we make the play offs next year, or even come close this year, would you still fee lthe same?

BEcause the last two years didntget us much. ;)

5. MarAzul

MarAzul LongShip

Life is good!
    Who are you trying to convince? Yourself I think. But tell me this, do you think this team will finish much higher than an average team? That would be in the middle of the pack, maybe make the playoff, like number 8 if lucky. WTF kinda goal is that?

6. MarAzul

MarAzul LongShip

Life is good!
    If he makes the All Star team this coming season, there will have been a vast improvement made and I will be pleasantly surprised.

7. PtldPlatypus

PtldPlatypus Let's go Baby Blazers! Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

The goal is not about this year, and I'm sure you realize that. Hell, you're going to be sailing for half the season anyway; this is the perfect time for the Blazers to have a development year.

Orion Bailey likes this.
  8. MarAzul

MarAzul LongShip

Life is good!
    I am begining to realize there is a reason the Blazers do not field a winner and so do players.

9. magnifier661

magnifier661 B-A-N-A-N-A-S!

Cracking fools in the skull
    Depends on what you are fielding to get there. If we age 28-32 players, then it would be a disaster. Doing it with young bucks would be awesome!

Orion Bailey likes this.
  10. MarAzul

MarAzul LongShip

Life is good!
    Yes it would, like the young Blazers that won it all. But then they had perhaps the best coach in the league at that time. Or like the young Warriors last couple season, then they added a coach
    to make the difference. We just had a team fall apart and become disenchanted, just adding players and starting over isn't going to make a difference in the results.

11. chzbrgr

chzbrgr Well-Known Member

For a team that is supposed to be a dumpster fire middle of the pack is overachieving. I think we can all agree we dont want to be what the world expects of us.

So what, we gotta be championship or bust every year? No.

I really like the bet NO has made on Cliff the dude looks like he's got the potential to be Amar'e 2.0 and we got him for NOTHING if he doesnt pan out who cares the point is he was a projected 1st rounder who fell out over some NCAA nonsense and has a HUGE chip on his shoulder now. If thats not motivation idk what is. Give the kid a shot see what he can do, just dont berate people for saying middle of the pack is the goal cause pragmatism never hurt anyone.

12. MarAzul

MarAzul LongShip

Life is good!
    Ok, you guys set the tone, Happy Blazer Fans. I think fans happy with what they get, will get what they are happy with, as long there are butts in the seats of the Moda.

oldmangrouch likes this.
  13. 0-Our!

0-Our! Noob-ish

SEEMS obvious from the way u "speak" that YOU have THE answer(s). Alright then, what should the Blazers, Neil, & PA do/have done?

BonesJones likes this.
  14. magnifier661

magnifier661 B-A-N-A-N-A-S!

Cracking fools in the skull
    Aldridge and Lopez checked out after Matthews went down. They gave up!

If our new players get close, they will have the drive to keep it going, especially when the leader of the team never gives up.

15. MarAzul

MarAzul LongShip

Life is good!
    I think last years unit was not a team and it got worse as the year progressed. The last half the season it was way more noticeable that they were no longer a team. By the time they got to the playoffs, they were damn near an embarrassment to themselves for they lack of cohesiveness. You could nearly see it that they didn't want to be apart of this and that is no doubt why the main characters went their own way
    The main characters would play better ball, all of them Lillard, Aldridge, Batum and on down the line if their had had a coach that knew how to show them the way.
    I have often spoke of the A/M in regard to Lillard, that is Assist devided by missed shots. A good PG usually comes in well over 1 on this medidata. but look at the playoff performance!
    Hell he missed more Three point shots than he had assists! That is bugger all bazzar! A coaches guiding hand was totally missing. Replacing the departed players (good ones too) will not
    correct this lack of togetherness the thing that makes a team a cohesive unit.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2015
  16. 0-Our!

0-Our! Noob-ish

In this little clip, Homer captures THE essence of some of our Blazer "fans."

17. 0-Our!

0-Our! Noob-ish

:blahblah: WHAT should the Blazers, Neil, & PA do/have done?

18. tlongII

tlongII Legendary Poster

Systems Analyst
    They should have re-signed Aldridge. If they couldn't they should have gotten value for him. The team they have now is not competitive.

19. 0-Our!

0-Our! Noob-ish

The question wasn't directed towards u but certainly feel free to chime in.

I wanted Aldridge back (ppl can probably guess that from my name alone but I also posted all over the place this very thing :wink:), however... we r where we r & we know how he feels/what he did>:( Again, the question I asked was actually for MarAzul but what I was getting @ w/ my question was a VERY detailed & realistic plan to please ALL Blazer fans/pundits :rolleyes2:

20. PtldPlatypus

PtldPlatypus Let's go Baby Blazers! Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

Wow, I guess Wes and Dame aren't the only petulant ones. You're whining like a child who didn't get the Christmas presents he wanted.

Blame the front office all you want, but the fact is that last year's team's dissolution of primarily attributable to a fickle forward not feeling appreciated enough despite every effort being made to placate him.

If you honestly think the team would have been better off bringing everyone else back after Tex's departure...well we'll just have to agree to disagree. But your suggestion that optimistic Blazer are happy with mediocrity is simply ludicrous.

Unlike you, some of us see the new acquisitions as building blocks to bring us to the point we all want to be. Yes, we know that the team is not a championship contender this year. But I (and many others) believe that the team is better positioned to build a contender now than they would have been had they overpaid to keep Rolo and Wes.

HailBlazers likes this.