Blazers Sign Eddie Gill!

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Anzix, Feb 5, 2004.

1. Anzix

Anzix JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">
    Blazers Sign Eddie Gill

February 5, 2004

The Portland Trail Blazers have signed Guard Eddie Gill to a multi-year contract. The 6-foot, 190-pound guard will join the team in Utah today and will be in uniform (number 4) tomorrow night when the Blazers visit the Utah Jazz at 6pm (PST).

Gill had been playing in the Continental Basketball Association for the Dakota (Bismarck, ND) Wizards where he was a participant in the 2004 CBA All-Star Game last month.

He appeared in 25 games for the Wizards, averaging 18.1 ppg (10th in the CBA), 4.8 rpg, 8.0 apg (3rd) and 2.6 spg (3rd). Gill recorded eight double-doubles and one triple-double this season.

The 25-year-old finished his college career at Weber State in 2000 after spending his freshman year at the College of Eastern Utah and his sophomore season at Salt Lake Community College. He was named the Big Sky Conference Newcomer of the Year in 1999 and was selected First Team All-Big Sky Conference his junior and senior seasons.

He has seen action in the NBA with the New Jersey Nets and the Memphis Grizzlies. Gill appeared in eight games with the Nets during the 2000-01 season, averaging 4.9 ppg, 1.1 rpg and 3.0 apg. He played in 23 games with the Memphis Grizzlies in 2000-01, averaging 5.0 ppg, 1.2 rpg and 2.1 apg.

Gill has also played in the now defunct International Basketball League, the American Basketball Association and the National Basketball Development League as well as in Italy and Greece.

After tomorrow night?s game, Portland returns home to face the Seattle Supersonics on Sunday, February 8 in the Rose Garden at Noon.
    </div>

I havent seen him play does anyone know if he is good?

2. ZeroToOne50182

ZeroToOne50182 JBB JustBBall Member

Well hes a All-Star in the CBA, so he must be one of their bests.. I read he will be being Omar Cook on the PG Rotation..

Lets see how he does in a couple games with the team.. Then I can judge him.

3. Trail_Blazer76

Trail_Blazer76 JBB JustBBall Member

4. jbbCourtVision

jbbCourtVision JBB JustBBall Member

I think this guy has hit the jackpot with the multi-year deal considering where he came from. Signing for one year is one thing but a multi-year deal to an uproven NBA talent? And they just signed Omar Cook to a ten day? I hope for the Blazers sake that Eddie Gill is that good.

5. Anzix

Anzix JBB JustBBall Member

Well he would have to be approved by the coaching staff and all that to receive a contract so they must see somthing good in this kid.

6. notmuchgame

notmuchgame JBB JustBBall Member

I've seen Eddie Gill play a few times when he was in the NBDL....Comparing him to Omar Cook, Gill is more of a scorer and but a lesser skilled passer...Gill is probably the more stable player, but he has less upside than Cook does IMO.....