Forum Game Blazers Trivia

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Chris Craig, Mar 14, 2020.

1. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

3.18 correct ( 2 correct, 2 half correct, 1 a third correct, 1 a quarter correct)

2. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

Ok 4.18 correct then

3. Chris Craig

Answers later today

4. stampedehero

stampedehero Make Your Day, a Doobies Day Staff Member Moderator

Part Time Building Inspector
    Wha.. Great Job. Top score in the class. Like it. I was reading a sports column from an Oregon paper.

5. stampedehero

stampedehero Make Your Day, a Doobies Day Staff Member Moderator

Part Time Building Inspector
    1.) The Blazers entered the NBA in what year? 1970-

2.) How much did the Blazers pay to enter the league? 250K

3.) How many Blazers have won rookie of the year? Can you name them? Brandon Roy, Dame, Walton,

4.) Who were the only Blazers coaches to play for the team? Rick Adelman in shorts with the moustache.

5.) Before imfamously drafting Sam Bowie over Michael Jordan, the Blazers passed up 3 other future hall of famers in drafts before that. Can you name them? Scotty Pippen, George Gervin, Charles Barkley

6.) Who was the Blazers 1st Coach? Norm Van Brocklin

7.) How many seasons have Portland missed the playoffs? 22

8.) Who did Portland play their 1st game against? What was the final score? NY Knicks with a unforgiving 122-91 loss.

9.) In 1984, the Blazers selected Mike Whitmarsh in the 5th round (when there were still more than 2 rounds), but he never played for Portland. Instead, he took up another sport for which he ended up winning silver medal in the olympics. What sport was it? Track & Field

10.) What other two teams joined the NBA the same year as Portland? Seattle and Dallas

11.) Who did the Blazers sweep in the WCF to reach the 1977 NBA finals? Who was the teams star?Sonics

12.) Under Kevin Pritchard in 2006, the Blazers made a record amount of trades in the draft. How many?7

13.) Which player who played basketball in the Portland area before he played in the NBA was acquired in one of the above draft trades? Gee, I don't know.

14.) In four consecutive NBA drafts (2005-2008) the Blazers selected 15 players. How many were traded on draft night and didn't end up playing for Portland? Can you name them...or some of them? ???

15.) What was the final score of Portland's title clinching game over the 76ers?108 103

16.) Twice, the Blazers have had three players selected as All Stars in a season. Name the seasons and the players for those seasons? 1987 Kersey, Drexler and Buck Williams

17.) Who was the last opponent the Blazers played at the Memorial Coliseum? Guess Lakers

Last edited: Mar 18, 2020
  6. Chris Craig

If you can challenge any of these answers with an alternative answer (the one you guessed already) that I have not specified then I will I reward you the points for your answer

Answers:

1.) The Blazers entered the NBA in what year?

2.) How much did the Blazers pay to enter the league?

$3.7 million dollars

3.) How many Blazers have won rookie of the year? Can you name them?

4, Damian Lillard, Brandon Roy (the only Roy to win a Roy) Sidney Wicks, and Geoff Petrie

4.) Who were the only Blazers coaches to play for the team?

Rick Adelman and Lenny Wilkens (He was a player/coach in the 1974-75 season)

5.) Before infamously drafting Sam Bowie over Michael Jordan, the Blazers passed up 3 other future hall of famers in drafts before that. Can you name them?

Bob McAdoo, Julius Irving, and Larry Bird

6.) Who was the Blazers 1st Coach?

Rolland Todd

7.) How many seasons have Portland missed the playoffs?

14 (not including this season if the Blazers indeed miss the playoffs if/when the season is resumed)

8.) Who did Portland play their 1st game against? What was the final score?

Cleveland Cavaliers (115-112)

9.) In 1984, the Blazers selected Mike Whitmarsh in the 5th round (when there were still more than 2 rounds), but he never played for Portland. Instead, he took up another sport for which he ended up winning silver medal in the olympics. What sport was it?

Beach Volleyball

10.) What other two teams joined the NBA the same year as Portland?

Cleveland Cavaliers and Buffalo Braves (Later became the Clippers)

11.) Who did the Blazers sweep in the WCF to reach the 1977 NBA finals? Who was the teams star?

Los Angeles Lakers (Kareem Abdul Jabbar) Sweet Baby Jesus

12.) Under Kevin Pritchard in 2006 the Blazers made a record amount of trades in the draft. How many?

13.) Which player who played basketball in the Portland area before he played in the NBA was acquired in one of the above draft trades?

Dan Dickau

14.) In four consecutive NBA drafts (2005-2008) the Blazers selected 15 players. How many were traded on draft night and didn't end up playing for Portland? Can you name them...or some of them?

10. Linus Kleiza, Tyrus Thompson, James White, Derrick Byars, Demitris Nichols, Joey Dorsey, Omar Asik, Mike Taylor, Brandon Rus, Ricky Sanchez

15.) What was the final score of Portland's title clinching game over the 76ers?

109-107

16.) Twice, the Blazers have had three players selected as All Stars in a season. Name the seasons and the players for those seasons?

Bill Walton, Lionel Hollins, Maurice Lucas (1978) Clyde Drexler, Terry Porter, Kevin Duckworth (1992)

17.) Who was the last opponent the Blazers played at the Memorial Coliseum?

Phoenix Suns (The Blazers played and lost to the suns in the 1st round of the 95' playoffs before moving to the Rose Garden the Next season) Fun Note: The largest salary that season was Jerome Kersey $3,608,000 - How times change

7. Chris Craig

2.25 correct

8. hoopsjock

hoopsjock Well-Known Member

Business Owner
    Looks good except #17 technically it was Denver since they just played and it doesn't say anything other than opponent but I get it.

Thanks for this Chris!

Chris Craig likes this.
  9. Lanny

Lanny Original Season Ticket Holder "Mr. Big Shot"

Elec. & Computer Engineer OSU Computer Science PSU
    1. The Blazers entered the year we got our season tickets, 1970;
    2. This one I don't recall. Next;
    3. I think it's three, Petrie, Walton and Lillard;
    4. The only one I can recall was Lenny Wilkens in about 1975 or so;
    5. Can't recall'
    6. Easy, that was Rolland Todd;
    7. Don't know but I'll guess it's somewhere around a dozen;
    8. I should know this one but I've forgotten;
    9. Mike who?
    10. Buffalo and Cleveland, too easy;
    11. The teams star was clearly Walton and the team we surpassed in the finals was probably LA;
    12. Okay, this is just too obscure;
    13. Dan Dickau?
    14. No I can't;
    15. Can't recall but it was surprisingly close. I think we won by about four points;
    16. 1977-'78 Walton, Lucas and Bobby Gross and in 1978-'79 with Walton, Lucas and Lionel Hollins (?).

Lets see how I did.

Edit:
    I left off no. 17 let me correct that:
    17. I'm gonna guess Phoenix whom we beat.

Edit2:
    Oops, we lost the Phoenix game.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2020
    TorturedBlazerFan likes this.
  10. Lanny

Lanny Original Season Ticket Holder "Mr. Big Shot"

Elec. & Computer Engineer OSU Computer Science PSU
    Walton turned Parish into a laughing stock during their meetings in the first year of Parish.

TorturedBlazerFan likes this.