Event Blazers Uprise Live Shows!

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by hoopsjock, Jun 7, 2021.

1. Tince

Tince Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

THE HCP likes this.
  2. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

Let's switch the conversation to how much of an asshole I am.

3. Tince

Tince Well-Known Member

Ok, I'll start...

[​IMG]

Fairly-Hard, Strenuus and SlyPokerDog like this.
  4. BonesJones

BonesJones https://www.youtube.com/c/blazersuprise

As far as our conversation goes, I apologize for my response and thank you for giving us a chance.

I'm at the point where I'm constantly having someone trash me or my show and being told I'm "bitching", "whining", "unbearable", and "ruining a segment" felt more like that instead of constructive criticism so it frustrated me. But you've been supportive of us in the past and I'm still getting used to what comes with the territory in regard to what I do, and I'm still learning not to make the worst out of criticism and negativity which I'm prone to doing. In the end, I appreciate it, because I don't want people to feel like you felt watching that segment but certain things are hard to completely break.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2021
  5. illmatic99

illmatic99 formerly yuyuza1

that's not true at all. anonymity doesn't necessarily contribute to hate. im sure plenty of us are rooting for two homegrown posters to succeed in a competitive field and are appreciative of hard work.

6. hoopsjock

hoopsjock Well-Known Member

Business Owner
    Hey, my dog has started making regular appearances.

Fairly-Hard and SlyPokerDog like this.
  7. Strenuus

Strenuus Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

Did you read the rest of that post? Lol.

I'm saying people who have no connection to him (i.e. NOT us) are going to so it under the cloak of anonymity. People with anonymity are "braver". It is the truth about a lot of people on the internet. Again, we have a connection with him, so...

Fairly-Hard and hoopsjock like this.
  8. hoopsjock

Business Owner
    Honestly, outside of a handful of people we've gotten basically no support from this forum (which is totally fine). From the beginning we had people in here telling us we were wasting our time and telling us it will never work. I get it, people thought we were combative but in case people haven't noticed Bones and I barely post here anymore and there is still bickering in almost every thread and the same arguments that people accused us of starting still happen. Outside of this thread today, I don't even remember the last time either of us got in an argument on here.

BonesJones likes this.
  9. SlyPokerCat

SlyPokerCat cats rool dogs drool

To be fair, ya'll have had some twitter drama.

THE HCP likes this.
  10. hoopsjock

Business Owner
    I appreciated your feedback. You have to realize how starting out your criticism like this is triggering though. Our whole platform is based on breaking down the game in more detail than anyone else. You can disagree with our opinions, but I don't think anyone who has watched our show would say we don't thoroughly explain and back our opinions and take time talking about the x's and o's of the game more than any other show.

This year I've wanted everyone to be better with their arguments (Torey, myself, and chat). Challenging people to have better discussion points than "Nurk is trash" or whatever isn't being disrespectful towards others opinions. I literally ask people to instead say "I don't like x, y, and z that Nurk is doing" and whatnot. It's tough though. We want to be interactive with our audience, it's a big reason why we've been successful. There's a fine line between disagreeing with people in chat and it coming across as us not being accepting of differing opinions. Believe it or not, I actually love differing opinions because it does generate good discussions. But yeah, whenever someone becomes disrespectful and turns it into something else we get called out for "focusing too much on the trolls." Like @JDC used to comment in chat a lot disagreeing with us but it led to a lot of really fun conversations.

Like Torey said, we've made an effort this season to try and ignore the "haters" but the more we do this the more amplified the haters get. It's hard man. We don't set out to get into it with people. It's not planned. I agree with you that less of that would be better but some of it us practically unavoidable. The stuff we say like the "Dame doesn't throw lobs" comments stem from being shit on by other platforms. I get that kind of response turns some people off but like Torey said we're just going to be ourselves. For me personally, I'm not trying to make it in this industry. I'm just trying to talk basketball. Lately, I've gotten a ton of both positive feedback and negative feedback too. It's literally free content for people that Torey and I have spent thousands of hours doing, but people (not saying you) act like we owe them more or something. Not to speak for him, but I think that's why Torey reacted the way he did. I totally get why people don't like us or want to watch but an occasional thanks for all the free time you put into this would be nice instead of "you guys need to do this or that or stop doing this or try that." Again, this is meant as a heartfelt response, not a negative reaction to your post.

UKRAINEFAN, illmatic99 and BonesJones like this.
  11. hoopsjock

Business Owner
    Okay, cool. Yeah, much like this forum, no Twitter beef would exist without us being on social media. Good point!

BonesJones likes this.
  12. SlyPokerCat

Of course there would still be arguing on twitter.

I don't think it is a coincidence ya'll still find yourself bickering elsewhere though. Even if it isn't here.

13. hoopsjock

Business Owner
    Yeah, all we do is bicker, good point once again.

14. SlyPokerCat

I'm not hating on what ya'll are trying to do. Good for you. I appreciate you both trying to put more blazer content out there. It just is interesting how much drama has been around on your twitters with other people. For some reason drama seems to follow. I wonder why that is. Yes. Arguments can still happen without you both here. But it seems arguments happen for ya'll on other platforms too.

15. hoopsjock

Business Owner
    I literally don't recall ever interacting with you ever before this evening but you seem to know all about me.

16. SlyPokerCat

I live at your house bruh. I am your family cat.

Anyways. Good luck with your channel.

THE HCP and SlyPokerDog like this.
  17. riverman

riverman Writing Team

I rarely listen to anyone talk on streams about basketball but I really like the website you guys have put together and I think you've done an excellent job with it. I know I"ve sampled other podcasts that I thought were really horrible and you guys seem to have built a following on youtube..I don't do twitter but I wish you luck and am happy for your success...my online audio entertainment is not sports related at all so I follow other stuff on youtube ...I do read hoops info so I like the site a lot.

SlyPokerDog and hoopsjock like this.
  18. TBpup

TBpup Writing Team

Investment Management / Financial Planner
    "Haters" will always be haters, but too often that term gets thrown around towards anyone who may disagree, sometimes in the least little bit. That is where reality starts to take a holiday. No public medium will ever make everyone happy and trying to do so is a waste of time. Do what you do, always try to be growing and getting better, and it will be fine. That applies to just about anything in life.

19. SlyPokerCat

Look at the most successful hosts of sports type shows. Stephen A smith, skip bayless. Shannon sharpe. Max kellerman. These people say ridiculous things on the daily. They let criticism roll off their shoulders. They carry on. They don't get in arguments with every person that might disagree. The industry requires thick skin. You think tv networks would allow someone on tv that is going to call out a bunch of people with a different opinion than them? Not a chance. That is a liability to them. Even Marang got better at dealing with criticism. When he first started posted here he did not take it well. He still gets in little battles but he is so much better than he was. And i don't even care for his takes.

TBpup likes this.
  20. Hoopguru

Hoopguru spent money on booze broads boats wasted rest

Sorry Puss, Id much rather watch blazersuprise than Stephen A or Bayless.

riverman and hoopsjock like this.