Exclusive Blazers Uprise Thread - September

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by BonesJones, Aug 31, 2019.

1. BonesJones

BonesJones https://www.youtube.com/c/blazersuprise

I plan on posting a monthly for my Blazers Uprise channel, where I'll have a blog-post updating you guys of what I'm doing with the platform! I'll also link the majority of my videos here instead of bogging down the forum with a new thread for each. I refrain from posting a lot of my videos here for that reason and I've noticed that a lot of people that post here often didn't know I had a YouTube channel!

The Start
    For those of you who aren't familiar with my journey, I started doing YouTube two years ago (August of 2017). I uploaded general NBA videos to my own channel. The quality was bad, and the presentation was awkward, but I improved throughout the year. In June of 2018, I signed a contract to contribute as an analyst for True Blazer Fan. TBF is run by a guy named Eric who's been doing 10 minute game highlights for almost every game since 2017. I provided analysis, he provided highlights, and we were a solid team. When I hopped on-board, I believe the channel had a little under 3,000 subscribers, and as if this writing it stands at 5,750 subs.

The Evolution
    Me and Eric accomplished a lot, but weren't always on the same page with where we wanted to take True Blazer Fan. That led to a very cordial split at the end of May 2019, where I left to create my own channel called Blazers Uprise.

The Vision
    I'll be honest, I'm not all that fond of the way sports media operates. I take motivation from wanting to cover the Blazers better than any other local source, and that motivation drove me to cover the Blazers. I always wanted to create a sense of community and make others feel like they're a big part of the channel, so I do a lot of community-oriented content and ask viewers what they want to see on the channel. While it's not much at the moment, I hope this provides Blazer fans with a platform they feel truly connected to once it grows in scale.

The Channel
    As of this writing, the channel has 2,248 subscribers on YouTube! It's a good community of people who I appreciate for supporting me in doing what I love! I have a couple of gracious editors who have volunteered their time to help me out, and I'm working on growing it into more than just "my" channel.

Upcoming Blazers Uprise Podcast
    Me and @hoopsjock will be starting a podcast on September 23rd, which will run 3 days a week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday! It'll be at a consistent time, but I haven't figured out the timeslot yet (2:30-3:30?). I'm assuming @hoopsjock won't be able to participate in every stream since the man runs his own store, so there may be opportunities for some of you guys to guest-host here and there!

After the livestream is finished, I'll upload the audio to iTunes and Stitcher, so you guys can listen to it on the go if you wish!

I'm offering the opportunity for viewers to guest on the channel if they donate $10-$25 a month! For more information and to donate, click here.

Upcoming Blazers Uprise Postgame
    I will be doing postgame livestreams this year, and I hope you guys enjoy this enough to make it your regular go to for postgame content! I should be on air 15-30 minutes after the game, and I'll post a thread for each one where I can keep track of your comments during the stream!

Sponsorships
    I will be looking for local sponsorship for the podcasts and postgame shows, so if you have any ideas or contacts, my PMs are open! If you help me land a sponsorship, I'd be willing to give you a cut out of the deal.

Community Contribution and Collaboration
    There's many very talented content creators that I've been in contact with, and the next step for this channel will be to not only host their content, but also to grow outside of YouTube. I talked about this a while ago on my channel, but I'm keeping things under wraps for now, as I'll have a big announcement sometime in mid-September!