Game Thread Blazers vs Pacers Game Thread 7/23/20 12:30pm PT NBCSNW and NBATV

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by KSF-ERIC, Jul 21, 2020.

1. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

yep. But still so many extremes. lol. If we aren't perfect, we are horrible. No in between.

kjironman1 likes this.
  2. kjironman1

kjironman1 Well-Known Member

I hear ya.
    It was really nice to see the Lillard/Nurk two man game again and i also liked seeing Collins being in position when the Pacers tried to stop the PnR. Easy buckets!

Orion Bailey likes this.
  3. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

I figured it would be the first quarter that would be relevant as far as how we actually play and I thought we pretty much dominated.

kjironman1 likes this.
  4. HailBlazers

HailBlazers RipCity

How many close games did we lose this season to put us behind the eight ball now.

5. CupWizier

CupWizier Well-Known Member

retired
    Why are so many people hung up on a preseason game after being out for about 4 months with limited ability to work out? Let's keep it in perspective for what it was, one preseason game. That's all.

blazerkor likes this.
  6. blazerkor

blazerkor Well-Known Member

It was supposed to read that every person in here that is saying the sky is falling, not everyone in here is saying the sky is falling. If I would have put an is after "everyone in here" then you would be right, it would be a huge and completely inaccurate overstatement.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2020
    UKRAINEFAN and PtldPlatypus like this.
  7. blazerkor

If Dame imposes his will we beat a team that is a lock for the playoffs with a .600 record. That is without Hassan, who I am betting would have played if tonight were a meaningful game. That's not an injury excuse, that's an exhibition game reality. The urgency you are looking for is also a symptom of an exhibition game, not some big problem with the team. I probably shouldn't even be discussing this stuff because Indy was also playing an exhibition game and everyone knows exhibition games shouldn't be read into. Your bottom line that the team better get it together or they won't make the playoffs is a huge overreaction to an exhibition game in which the team was obviously experimenting instead of doing everything they could to win. This team is going to look great in the 8 games that matter (that's what I took away from yesterdays game), they will make the playoffs and they should be thinking about going farther this post-season than they did last, which means thinking about beating the Lakers in the first round (by the way the Lakers lost yesterday too but I'm betting none of their fans are worried about them getting their shit together). The only reason this team will make sure they are playing their best during the 8 games that matter is because they will be thinking about the playoffs otherwise Dame wouldn't have even shown up.

8. blazerkor

I don't know I didn't keep track of preseason games because they don't mean shit. Oh you were referring to regular season games... so why are you comparing this exhibition game to games that matter?

9. James lamphear

James lamphear Well-Known Member

One thing this wouldn't be the rotation if it counted. Stotts gave everyone a run yesterday to see how they play against someone besides there self. More of evaluation game for players and get 2 injury players like Zach and Nurk to see how they would hold up.

10. THE HCP

THE HCP NorthEastPortland'sFinest

E71F8691-1F01-4153-A945-E33159DCEA6E.png

Orion Bailey likes this.
  11. THE HCP

THE HCP NorthEastPortland'sFinest

Everybody was killing CJ for that missed dunk, felt bad HA?

kjironman1 likes this.
  12. BonesJones

BonesJones https://www.youtube.com/c/blazersuprise

Except me and HoopsJock aren't really posting in game threads anymore so close, but not quite :)

Orion Bailey likes this.
  13. kjironman1

Lets hope you are right. I personally didn't see what i was looking for other than about 10 mins of the first quarter. You can think it's an overreaction all you want but fact remains. Blazers need to win at least 6 of those 8 games. .750 pace. They don't make the playoff losing 3 games. Bank on it. They better get this thing going.

14. KSF-ERIC

KSF-ERIC Well-Known Member

CJ said he thinks 5-3 will get it done. We have the tie breaker so Pelicans or Kings would have to go 6-2 to beat us. Doubtful. My opinion.

15. blazerkor

I don't imagine them putting a whole game together that will satisfy you during these exhibitions. There is no reason that they would need to win one of the games. There's not a reason for them to show what their actual offensive scheme is going to look like. There definitely isn't incentive for our veterans to put forth the kind of effort or intensity that you are calling for. I think maybe that last exhibition game might look a little more like a dress rehearsal but it also might not. With Nurk and Zach back, plus Melo playing the three, the less tape we give our opponents for these eight games that matter the better. Our offense has so many options and directions it can go that it would be wise not to show many if any of the new wrinkles. Teams will know the Dame/Nurk two man game that will be the start of the vast majority of our offensive sets but they won't know how having two guys with the offensive versatility of CJ and Melo will affect that Dame/Nurk nucleus. They also haven't seen all of those players combined with a guy like Zach who is just waiting for defenses to cheat off of him resulting in easy buckets and eating the offensive glass to get put backs. Not to mention his ability to post up. I mean there is a lot of strength in our offense and our defense is going to be good too but I don't see either of those being on full display until the games matter.

I don't know if you are right about needing to win more than 5 games. I don't see the Pelicans winning 6 games and Memphis definitely won't. I do see us winning 7 or 8 games though. I think this team is going to get on a serious roll. We won't need what you say we'll need but we'll do much better than you expect.

KSF-ERIC likes this.
  16. KSF-ERIC

KSF-ERIC Well-Known Member

I second this whole post.

blazerkor likes this.
  17. kjironman1

the Pels have the cupcake schedule though. I'm sticking with 6-2. That has been the running line. That is to get them into the 9th vs 8th play in tourney. Then they got to win both those games.
    Honestly I'm not saying this cannot be done. If any team can do it this one lead by Damian Lillard can do it. Just saying this is gonna be a tough road!

James lamphear and Orion Bailey like this.
  18. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

makes it that much sweeter when it happens!

its happening!

RickyJoe, kjironman1 and GoBlazersGo like this.
  19. kjironman1

You will play the way you practice......

20. CupWizier

CupWizier Well-Known Member

retired
    except rotations and playing time will fluctuate and won't be close to a real game. You don't think Lillard will only play mid 20 minutes and get only 5 shots when the game counts do you? I can't believe the overreaction to one scrimmage game after a 4 month layoff in this forum, but then again, not untypical for this forum.

RickyJoe and blazerkor like this.