Game Thread Blazers vs Pacers Game Thread 7/23/20 12:30pm PT NBCSNW and NBATV

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by KSF-ERIC, Jul 21, 2020.

1. Hoopguru

Hoopguru Well-Known Member

Strictly a warm up scrimmage.

2. blazerkor

blazerkor Well-Known Member

I mean that's what you're going with??? That wasn't a practice, that was an exhibition. If you couldn't see that we were using guys that won't play when the game counts, that we weren't using anything close to what our rotation will be, that Dame was laying back, that CJ and Melo were getting their rhythm back and that we weren't running our offense as a whole then I don't know what to tell you. If you view that exhibition game as a practice, which it wasn't and want to stick by this statement, that it was a good example of how we'll play I just don't know why you would possibly think that. Preseason never has anything to do with regular season. Do you think the Lakers will play the way they played in their first scrimmage? Should they be worried?

3. kjironman1

kjironman1 Well-Known Member

Yep. That's the way i see it. As i have already said the road to making the playoffs will be very steep. They cannot afford to have an "Exhibition Game" that is not a "Practice Game".
    Why are we even trying to discuss the Lakers? If the Blazers were in the Lakers position i would expect a much different approach. They are not. They should approach their situation much differently. This is not "Pre-Season". This is a 8 game restart to a season in which the Blazers are BARELY in the 9th spot.
    Discuss the Lakers when they have won 6 games and the 2 game mini series has been won. When they actually have a game against the Lakers to play then you can worry about what the Lakers are doing.

This team will play the way it practices. These games are all practice games as far as i am concerned.

UKRAINEFAN likes this.
  4. Hoopguru

Is Fentress the new beat writer for the blazers?

5. CupWizier

CupWizier Well-Known Member

retired
    I certainly hope not. That guy is one of the most annoying sportswriters in this state.

6. Hoopguru

I agree...I saw where he wrote the article on Oregon Live for the scrimmage game.

7. Shaboid

Shaboid Well-Known Member

Not as annoying as any of us that complain on here though, if we're being honest.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2020
  8. JDC

JDC Well-Known Member

Interesting to hear so much talk about us not running our actual offense.

Yes, Dame will be more of the focal point once the real games start but we ran a lot of our main actions.

In transition we saw double drags for Dame, staggers for CJ and some early post looks for Zach, Nurk and Melo. Some pistol action as well.

In the half court I saw some thumb series, including a common counter on the opening play. Both Zach and Nurk were operating at the top of the key in our five out delay stuff. Chicago action out of the elbows. Saw our motion set early in 2nd half. We ran a wedge pick and roll play for Nurk. Zippered CJ into a flare which is a common action for him...

Last edited: Jul 25, 2020
    Orion Bailey likes this.
  9. Hoopguru

How long have you coached?

10. JDC

JDC Well-Known Member

No coaching experience just have watched a ton of basketball and always been into the X's and O's.

kjironman1, Orion Bailey and Hoopguru like this.